The Heroes of Olympus Champion of Olympus

deathberry1 posted on Sep 23, 2011 at 03:54AM
This is an alternate universe for PJO, Percy Jackson is the son of Poseidon and the hero of the great prophecy, but Percy is much more than he seems.

The Heroes of Olympus 68 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 68

over a year ago deathberry1 said…
Chapter 1: The Plan

AN: This is an AU that takes pieces from all the books to create a new story centered around Percy Jackson son of Poseidon who happens to be much more than he seems.

Athena's POV

Flashback – Five years ago

I have to give my father credit for one thing he's predictable. I was surprised that he kept the oath as long as he did, but it did not surprise me that he was the first one to break it. I looked down into the pool of water in my temple on Mount Olympus at the scene unfolding on the Earth below. A woman her name is Scarlet Grace just gave birth to a little girl who just happens to be the daughter of my father Zeus, king of the Olympian gods. Unfortunately for this small child her life will be short and violent as foretold by the oracle. I knew this child would not be the one to fulfill the great prophecy, but I swear the next child born of the big three would, but I had a plan to make sure that the next child would be born on our terms.

End of Flashback

I stood before the elder Olympian gods (Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, and Hestia) in the throne room on Mount Olympus.

"My dearest daughter why have you called us here today?" Zeus asked. I looked into his eyes and I could see his uneasiness, my glare could always do that even to the king of the gods.

"I have a plan to help us make sure that the great prophecy unfolds in such a way that we will be assured that the hero of the prophecy makes the correct choice." I said.

Zeus looked at me warily. "What kind of plan?" Zeus asked.

"Poseidon has won the heart of a mortal woman, but he has not yet consummated their relationship." I said as she gave Poseidon a devious smirk.

"Have you been spying on me Athena?" Poseidon accused. I gave him the death glare, but for once he didn't back down. He really cares for this mortal.

"I have and it appears just in time to keep you from breaking your vow." Athena said.

"I think the oath has already been broken by my little brother here." Poseidon spat. How did he know about Thalia?

"How did you know?" Zeus asked suspiciously.

"I told him husband, I thought he should know about your treachery." Hera spat with venom. I couldn't really blame her, Zeus cheated on her again that's why I'll stay an eternal maiden.

Zeus avoided Hera's glare and looked at his brother Poseidon. "Yes, I made a mistake and this child will pay the price unfortunately." Zeus said. Poseidon looked at him curiously.

"What price brother?" Poseidon said.

"The oracle says that she will die before she can reach the age foretold in the great prophecy." Zeus said sadly. Poseidon looked at his brother and for once I could see sadness and sympathy in eyes as he looked at my father.

"I'm sorry brother, you broke the oath and you're right she doesn't deserve to pay the price." Poseidon stated. Zeus looked at his brother and I could see an understanding pass between them. My father cleared his throat then he looked at me once again.

"Athena, what is your plan?" Zeus asked sternly.

"I have uncovered an ancient spell from the great archives left to us by Gaea. It is a spell that was used by Chaos to instill the powers within Gaea before she distributed them to her children and grandchildren. This spell will allow one elder Olympian to contain all the powers of the other elders for one night." I said. Everyone looked at me curiously.

"What does that have to with the great prophecy or my relationship with Sally Jackson?" Poseidon stated. I looked at my eternal rival, but this time I also looked at him as my uncle as well.

"I can cast the spell on you that will allow you for one night to have all of the powers of your brothers and sisters." I said. Everyone looked at me in complete shock.

"Why would we allow that?" Zeus asked in disbelief.

"So as in keeping with the great prophecy this child would truly be a child of the elder gods. Don't you see the prophecy would allow us to create the most powerful demigod of all, he would most certainly be better prepared to fulfill the prophecy." I defended.

"How would we know that we could trust him or her and that he or she wouldn't make the wrong decision and betray us?" Zeus asked as Hera and the others nodded in agreement.

"We would raise him or her on Olympus and as a child of Poseidon he or she would have his or her father's fatal flaw, loyalty." I asserted. Everyone started to whisper to each other until my father had enough.

"Quiet" Zeus yelled. "Wouldn't he also have our fatal flaws as well?"

"No, the powers of the elder gods would be in Poseidon, but he would still be the father, your powers would just be added to his. The fatal flaws would not be transferred as well. We would raise him on Olympus and the elder gods and myself would train him. We would have to keep him a secret from the other Olympians. We wouldn't want word of his existence to get out to our enemies." I said.

"An interesting plan Athena." Hera said. I bowed to my stepmother.

"It is a good plan, but Poseidon this is up to you." Zeus said. Poseidon looked at his brother and I swear I could almost see an unspoken discussion between the two.

"This child will have a rough time of it and as the prophecy says he or she will not survive." Poseidon said.

"I understand, so your answer is no." Zeus said.

"No, I didn't say that. Athena, I will accept this plan of yours on one condition." Poseidon said. I looked at my old rival warily.

"What condition uncle?" I asked.

"I want you to give this child your blessing. He or she will have powers from all of us, but I think in the end wisdom will be the one thing he or she needs above all else." Poseidon said.

I looked at my uncle and smiled. A smart condition I never knew kelp head had it in him. "I agree to this condition." I said.

"Then this plan is in action depending on what our brother says." Zeus said.

"You called brother." A voice said from behind me. I turned to see Hades standing behind me dressed in black with his glowing red eyes.

"My dear, tell him your plan." Zeus said. I proceeded to tell Hades of Thalia's existence and the prophecy that foretold her death. I told him about the Chaos spell and how I planned to use it. He wasn't happy about his brother's betrayal and less happy about giving his power to Poseidon for one night, but in the end he relented.

"Brother, the Styx has a way of punishing you for betrayal, I hope you're happy that the punishment rests with your daughter." Hades said in disgust.

"I'm not happy about it brother, but we have the opportunity with this plan to stop the great prophecy and then we can lift the oath." Zeus said sadly. Hades looked at his brother curiously and then he looked at Poseidon.

"Do you love this mortal?" Hades asked. Poseidon looked at Hades solemnly.

"I do brother, but I did not plan to break my oath by having a child with her. I do not wish for this child to be cursed either." Poseidon said. Hades regarded his brothers and then looked toward me.

"Niece, I will participate in your plan, for everyone's sake I hope it works." Hades said.

"When will you initiate this plan?" Zeus asked. I looked toward Poseidon.

"Uncle, I believe that you plan to see this mortal woman tonight?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Yes, I planned on visiting her after this meeting." Poseidon said. I smiled and I saw the other gods in the room smile as well.

"Then tonight is the night." I said. Everyone smiled, but Poseidon looked worried.

"Tonight?" Poseidon yelled.

"Yes uncle, I know the ancient spell and we have everyone in the room, so tonight would be perfect." I stated logically. Poseidon nodded in agreement with a look of defeat on his face. I would have been happy to best my rival, but I didn't, I felt a little sad for him. "Poseidon stand in the center of the throne room and the rest of the elder gods stand around your brother in a tight circle." Poseidon walked and stood in the center of the throne room. The other gods stood in a tight circle around their brother, I had all of them hold hands as I began to chant the ancient spell that I found in the temple of Gaea. The elder gods began to glow and their power combined into a large golden cloud that floated over Poseidon's head. I watched as Poseidon looked at the cloud in awe and anticipation. The cloud slowly descended and engulfed my uncle. He began to glow his eyes pulsed with the power within him. Once the cloud receded Poseidon stood as his brothers and sister stood around him. I could tell that they were weakened considerably, but Poseidon made no move to hurt them. He wasn't power hungry like my father nor was he one to hold grudges like Hades. Poseidon was loyal to his family and that definitely showed. I hated to admit this but I admired him for his loyalty. Poseidon walked over to me and looked me in the eyes. They pulsed with power and when he spoke I could feel the strength of his siblings within him.

"I will fulfill your plan Athena make sure you uphold my condition." Poseidon warned. Usually he didn't intimidate me, but standing there in front of me with the powers of the elder gods I was downright scared.

"I will." I said meekly. He nodded and then disappeared into a sea green mist. I walked over to my father and placed my hand on his shoulder. His usual electric blue eyes looked weak and dull, so I helped him to the viewing pool as the others slowly approached. We watched as Poseidon entered the home of Sally Jackson to consummate their relationship and to sire the champion of Olympus.
over a year ago green-art-ac-pj said…
i feel like this is like the one on fanfiction.net

are you Theseuslives? if not...i hope this is a completely different story

~ace
this is good...but seriously...almost word for word to that story...are you Theseuslives? for if not...itll be plagarisism...

keep it up if you are...i love that story base
yes
over a year ago puggyluv17 said…
Is this in anyway have to do with ur other forum?
over a year ago happyfestus said…
big smile
This is good,keep it up
over a year ago Percy2 said…
amazing post soon
over a year ago master7 said…
hmmm
Are you getting this from a different fanfiction website? cause i read something similar somewhere else
smile
it is from fanficiton.net and he is Theseuslives....right? cuz your stories are awesome like cybernetic hero
over a year ago master7 said…
@green-art-ac-pj you talking to me or deathberry?
over a year ago greekgirlA said…
post soon?
post post post post please
over a year ago greektrickster said…
Post please
Okay when will you post,this is awesome unless you have abandoned this forum,if you have then please just write once.
Chapter 2: Birth of a Hero

New York City - Hospital - Nine months later

Third Person's POV

Poseidon paced outside the delivery room as he waited for Sally to give birth to their child. He had been inside the room until the doctors asked him to leave do to the need to perform an emergency C-section. Sally was now in the operating room. Poseidon continued to pace worriedly until a strong hand gripped his shoulder, he turned to see none other than his brother Zeus the king of the gods.

"Brother, why are you here?" Poseidon asked. Zeus looked at his brother with sympathy and sadness.

"I'm sorry we were watching in the throne room and I decided to come and see you." Zeus said. Poseidon looked at his brother and then noticed the shorter dark haired man standing behind him, Hades.

"What are you doing here?" Poseidon asked. Hades walked over to his younger brother and looked in his eyes.

"I came here for the child's birth and well by the looks of things to keep you from destroying the hospital." Hades said with a smirk, trying to get his brother to lighten up.

Poseidon just looked at his brothers suspiciously. "Why do you care?" Poseidon asked.

Zeus and Hades both grabbed one of Poseidon's arms and dragged him to a seat in the waiting room. "Don't make a scene in the hospital. We're brothers after all can't we be concerned for one another." Zeus said sincerely. Poseidon just glared at him.

"Neither of you have ever been concerned about my well being before. Hades I know damn well that you can't stand either of us." Poseidon accused. Hades had a look on his face of complete shock.

"I know I haven't been a very good brother and I dare say neither have you or Zeus. You stuck me with the underworld for Oranos's sake." Hades said. Poseidon stared at his brother and for once he seemed to back down.

"I'm sorry, I don't want anything to happen to them." Poseidon said as he motioned toward the operating room. Zeus and Hades passed a certain look between them.

"We both understand brother and for once let us be here for you." Zeus said. Poseidon looked up at his younger brother and smiled.

"I guess mom would be happy about us getting along for once." Poseidon said.

"I think she would." Hades said as Zeus nodded in agreement. The door to the emergency room opened and a nurse came out.

"How are they?" Poseidon asked.

"You have a beautiful and healthy baby boy sir." The nurse said.

"How's Sally?" Poseidon asked. As if on queue an alarm went off from the operating room and a code blue was called over the intercom; the nurse ran back into the operating room. Poseidon sat down in the nearest chair, the look on his face was a mix of shock, sadness and hope. If a god could pray he would have done so at this moment. Hades and Zeus sat on opposite sides of their brother each with a hand on his shoulder. After what seemed like an eternity the operating room door opened and a man in his late thirties in a white doctors coat came out and found Poseidon sitting in the waiting room.

"Sir, may I speak to you alone?" The doctor asked as he looked at the two unfamiliar men on either side of the expectant father. Hades for his part looked like he had been hit by a thunderbolt.

"Its alright doctor these are my brothers." Poseidon said. The doctor nodded sadly.

"I'm afraid that Sally lost too much blood and her heart gave out. We did all that we could, but she's gone. I'm very sorry sir. Your son however is doing very well and he is waiting for you upstairs." The doctor said sadly as he nodded and then walked back into the operating room. The look on Poseidon's face was one of complete shock, he put his head in his hands and sobbed loudly as passers by looked on. Hades leaned forward toward his brother's ear.

"She will go to Elysium, I swear on the Styx, brother." Hades said as he squeezed his brother's shoulder. Poseidon looked up and gave his brother a small smile.

"Thank you." Poseidon whispered softly. Zeus looked at his brother and for once in his life the king of gods had a look of sympathy on his face for one of his siblings.

"I'm sorry brother, don't blame yourself you had no way of predicting this outcome." Zeus said. Poseidon looked up to his brother who was now standing over him with a hand on his shoulder. Poseidon stood up and for the first time in either of these two elder god's lives they hugged each other tightly. Hades looked on in shock. Poseidon broke away from the hug and smiled at his two brothers as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

"I loved her." Poseidon said softly. Hades stood in front of his brother and looked him in the eyes.

"Let's go see your son." Hades said. Zeus and Poseidon both nodded in agreement as the big three gods walked side by side to see the newborn hero. The three gods took the elevator to the third floor and walked to the window that overlooked the cribs of the newborn babies. As they looked through the window they saw the name Jackson on one of the cribs. The three gods looked into the crib and saw a newborn with a head full of jet black hair and pale skin. The baby opened his eyes to reveal astonishing green eyes, but when they looked at the three gods the eyes changed color from green to electric blue to a deep dark brown color then back to green. The three gods gasped at the sight.

"I think Athena's plan worked. The child clearly has our powers." Zeus said.

"Do you have a name for him?" Hades asked.

Poseidon had a thoughtful expression on his face. "Sally always wanted to name him Perseus." Poseidon said. Zeus smiled at his brother.

"I take it she wanted him to be as lucky as Perseus." Hades said.

"Let's hope that her wish comes true." Zeus said as he and his brothers continued to look at the young child. "Hello, Perseus Jackson champion of Olympus."

Three years later - Mount Olympus

Third Person's POV

A young dark haired child ran through the corridors of Mount Olympus towards the throne room. As he entered the deserted room he turned and ran toward a room off to the right of the thrones. As he entered the room he stopped to stare at the large hearth burning in the center of the room. A woman in a dark robe was sitting near the hearth stoking the flames. The child giggled and ran toward the woman jumping into her arms as she smiled down at him. "Hello Perseus it appears that you've been having fun." Hestia said as she hugged the dark haired child.

"Antee Hesteeaa wach wott I cen du." Perseus said in his cute little kid speak. Hestia gave the boy a questioning look.

"What can you do?" Hestia said. Perseus sat down by the goddess and focused on the flames. His sea green eyes turned into bright orange flames as he extended his hand and a flame from the hearth leapt onto the young boy's hand, but the flame did not burn the child. Perseus held out his left hand with the flame resting in his palm as he used his right hand to make the flame spin and twirl. He threw his left hand into the air causing the flame to extend into the air as he clapped his hands together causing the small fire ball to explode into the air. Hestia smiled at the small child with a look of admiration on her face.

"You do well my boy." Hestia said. Percy smiled at his aunt and sat in her lap as he watched her stoke the flames of the hearth.

"Hestia, how's our little hero?" Someone said from the doorway. Perseus and Hestia looked up to see Athena walk into the room with a knowing smile.

"Athena." Perseus yelled as he jumped from Hestia's lap and bounded toward the goddess of wisdom. Athena caught the boy in her arms and lifted him into the air. Percy giggled loudly as he looked into the piercing gray eyes of the goddess.

"I lurn nu twik." Perseus said as he created a humorous lisp through his two missing front teeth. Athena just looked at the small child and grinned happily.

"Have you kept up with your studies?" Athena questioned. The little boy grew serious and his green eyes grew dark with thought. The child looked up at the goddess and recited the Greek alphabet perfectly without a lisp or childish inflection. Athena's eyes grew wide with surprise. Hestia for her part looked at the two with an amused smirk. Suddenly thunder shook the room and instead of scaring the little boy his eyes gleamed in delight. The door to the large room opened to reveal the king of the gods.

"Uncal Zoos" Perseus yelled as he charged the king of the gods. The all powerful god bent down and hugged the child warmly. Athena and Hestia both smiled at the scene.

"Do you want to got outside and play?" Zeus asked. The two goddesses stared at each other in disbelief, here was the king of the gods asking a small boy out to play. Perseus nodded furiously as Zeus lifted him up and carried him outside.

"I can't get over how my father acts around Perseus." Athena said. Hestia smiled at her niece and touched her shoulder.

"Perseus has changed all our lives, for once we get to have a child here on Olympus. I think its something that we need more of." Hestia said.

"Unfortunately thats forbidden as you know. Perseus is a special case." Athena said thoughtfully.

"A special child indeed." Hestia stated.

"I feel sorry for him, he hasn't seen Poseidon, but three times in three years." Athena said.

"Yes, Poseidon is busy in his realm and Amphitrite would never allow the boy to go to Atlantis." Hestia said sadly.

"I haven't seen Perseus for three months, how has he been?" Athena asked.

"Well, he's mastered his powers over the flame and he has equal prowess over water. Zeus has been helping him with his powers of air and lightning. Demeter has taught him power over the plants and harvest. Hades has just started to help him with his powers over the dead." Hestia said.

"What about Hera?" Athena asked.

"Hera has grown quite close to the boy, I'm not sure what she's taught him, but I think she would adopt him if she could." Hestia said amusedly.

"I understand why Hera loves the child so, but I can't believe she been that nice to her brother's child." Athena said.

"I agree, but Perseus is a very special child as you have seen." Hestia said. Athena had a sad look on her face.

"I can't help but sense your sadness my dear what's wrong?" Hestia asked sincerely.

"I have a daughter and her father doesn't seem to want her. I thought the man would love her, but I don't know anymore." Athena said sadly.

"I'm sorry my dear I hope it works out for the best." Hestia said.

"I hope so to it just makes me wish we could be more involved with our children." Athena said.

"I understand, but the ancient laws were developed for a reason and we have to obey them, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't care. It also doesn't mean you shouldn't try to help where you can." Hestia said as she winked at her niece and disappeared into the flaming hearth. Athena smiled and sighed loudly.

"Annabeth, I'll be there for you where and when I can." Athena said loudly to no one then disappeared into a golden light
Chapter 3: Growing Up

Mount Olympus - Perseus is 7 years old

Third Person's POV

The Queen of the gods sat in a beautiful garden just behind her temple with a raven haired boy in her lap. The goddess was telling the boy the story of Jason and the Argonauts, as she finished the story the boy looked up at the goddess's face and smiled.

"That was a good story aunt Hera." The boy said as he stared into his aunt's light brown eyes. The goddess looked at the boy and smiled warmly.

"I'm glad you liked it Perseus." Hera said.

"Will I ever get to go on a quest?" Perseus asked curiously. Hera's brow furrowed at the question.

"Someday yes, but for now you don't need to worry about that." Hera said trying, but failing to hide her sadness.

"Why can't I see more of the city?" Perseus asked. Hera gave the boy a reassuring smile.

"I'm sorry child, but you are a great secret that only a few of the gods know about it. Don't you like being with me and the others?" Hera asked. The boy smiled at the goddess making her smile in return.

"Yes, ma'am. I love all of you very much." Perseus said. Hera smiled at what the boy and hugged him lovingly.

"I love you too my boy." Hera said happily.

"Aunt Hera, the others talk about the gifts they've given me, what gift have you given me?" Perseus asked. Hera looked confidently into the boy's eyes.

"I have given you love and family, but yes I will give you strength of mind and conviction. May no one ever sway your mind falsely nor affect your memories." Hera said as her eyes glowed and the boys eyes glowed in return. Perseus looked up at the goddess and kissed her on the cheek making the Queen of the gods blush.

"Thank you Aunt Hera." Perseus said.

"You're most welcome my dear boy." Hera said. Perseus looked sad for a moment and then he stared at his aunt.

"I wish I knew my mother." Perseus said sadly. Hera looked at the boy sympathetically.

"She loved you very much." Hera asserted. Perseus smiled slightly at her statement then he stared into his aunt's eyes thoughtfully.

"Sometimes I wish you were my mother." Perseus said. Hera was shocked at the boy's statement. Perseus just smiled at her warmly. She smiled back in return and hugged the boy planting a kiss on his cheek.

"Sometimes I wish I was your mother too." Hera said as a lone tear ran down her cheek. She wiped the tear away and gave Perseus a stern look. "I think its time for your training with Athena. Can you find your way to her?" The boy nodded and walked away leaving the Queen of the gods alone in the garden.

Perseus made his way from the garden to the temple of Athena where he would meet the goddess of wisdom. As he walked through the temple he heard crying coming from the main chamber. He snuck his way to the main chamber and hid behind a statue of an owl. He looked towards the sound of the crying to see Athena sitting on a marble bench with a holographic image of some type in front of her. The image showed a blonde haired girl that was around Perseus's age sitting on a park bench crying, she held a backpack in her hand. Her clothes were dirty and her blonde hair was matted as if she hadn't taken a bath in several days.

"Annabeth please hold on I will send you help. I promise I will do as much as I can." Athena said as she continued to watch over the girl. Perseus walked slowly toward Athena, the boy moved like a jungle cat. His footsteps made no noise as he approached the goddess. He finally reached out and placed a hand on her shoulder. Athena jumped in surprise and nearly attacked the boy until she realized who it was.

"Perseus, you scared me." Athena said loudly. Perseus looked at her sheepishly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to disturb you." Perseus said apologetically. Athena gave the boy a reassuring smile. She reached down and lifted Perseus into her lap.

"Its time for your training." Athena said. Perseus looked at her and then toward the image of the girl.

"She's pretty." Perseus said as he pointed toward the girl. "She's sad." Athena looked sadly at the image.

"She's my daughter, Annabeth." Athena said. "She ran away from home." Perseus looked at Athena questioningly. "Her father and stepmother were mad at her and she ran away."

"Why don't you bring her here?" Perseus asked. The goddess looked at the boy with sadness and longing in her stormy gray eyes.

"The ancient laws don't allow it." Athena said dejectedly. The boy looked at her with confusion etched on his face.

"Then why am I allowed to be here?" Perseus asked. Athena looked at him with admiration in her eyes.

"A good question my boy. You are special and you're existence is a big secret." Athena said.

"Hera said the same thing is that why I'm not allowed to see the other gods?" Perseus asked.

"Yes, thats the reason. The other gods will not understand and our enemies may try to find you." Athena said. Perseus looked at Athena and then he walked toward the image of the girl. He placed his hand into the image, but his hand passed right through it.

"I wish I could save her, thats what a hero is supposed to do, right?" Perseus asked.

"When you are older you will be the greatest hero that ever lived. You will save the world." Athena said. Perseus looked at Athena, but he couldn't comprehend what she said.

"I just want to help her." Perseus said. Athena walked to the boy and put her arm around his waist and hugged him.

"How about we watch over her for a while?" Athena asked. Perseus looked up and stared into the eyes of the goddess.

"I'd like that." Perseus said. Athena and the boy sat on the marble bench and watched over the girl until two older children arrived.

Mount Olympus - Perseus is 12 years old

Third Person's POV

"Are you ready Perseus?" Athena asked as she held her spear in one hand and her shield Aegis (the original) in the other. The twelve year old boy with the shaggy jet black hair stared at her with his almost glowing green eyes. He tapped his wrist band on his left arm and an adamantine shield with the picture of a Pegasus on the front extended to cover his arm. He made a fist with his right hand twisting the ring on his index finger in a hundred and eighty degree turn causing the ring to change into a three foot long stick. Perseus squeezed the handle of the stick and it morphed into a double bladed axe. One blade was made of celestial bronze while the other blade was made of tempered steel. Athena's eye narrowed at the sight of Perseus's weapons. The two stood about ten feet apart with their weapons and shields at the ready.

Athena held her shield Aegis at the ready with its picture of Medusa's head on the front. Most beings that looked at the image shook with fear, but Perseus just looked at it and smiled. Athena for her part was just a little unnerved. She was clearly not use to someone not being afraid of her shield. Athena thrusted forward with her spear and she swung Aegis into a long arc bringing the edge of the shield down toward Perseus. One problem Perseus was already out of the way and swinging his axe. The axe struck Aegis sending a violent vibration through Athena's arm. Athena used the momentum of the strike to complete a spin move. She raised her leg to land a roundhouse kick on Perseus's back, but her foot was blocked by the Adamantine shield.

Athena shook her foot after the strike clearly bruising her insole. Athena limped forward to face Perseus again. This time Perseus swung his axe in a perfect downward arc toward Athena. Athena pushed her spear up and caught the handle of the axe. She tried to force the axe out of Perseus's hand, but she couldn't. The spear and axe were stuck together. Athena was about to push her spear forward to unlock the two weapons, instead Perseus pushed the axe forward striking Athena in the breastplate of her shield with the top of the axe. Athena stumbled backwards with a surprised look on her face. She knew she wasn't fighting a normal twelve year old demigod. This boy had trained with her and the six elder Olympians for these many years. His skills were remarkable and his powers incredible. He wasn't invincible, but he was a combination of great heroes; the skill of Theseus, the mind of Odysseus and the power of Herakles. Add to that the powers of the elder Olympians and you had the makings of a super demigod.

Perseus walked forward carefully, even as a boy he could still wield the heavy axe with no problem. He strode forward and as he was about to strike Athena again with his axe she dove forward swiping her left leg knocking the boy's legs out from under him sending him to the floor. Athena jumped up to bring her spear down toward Perseus as he laid on the floor. She pushed her spear down only to be met with the empty floor. Percy had rolled along the floor. Once Athena's spear struck the marble floor the boy jumped up and drove the edge of his adamantine shield down into the middle of her spear snapping the celestial bronze shaft in half. Athena looked on in surprise which gave Perseus enough time to spin to the left while extending his leg into a spin kick striking the goddess in the back driving her down and onto the floor.

Percy walked over to Athena lowering his axe as he moved he extended his hand to the goddess. Athena took the boys hand, he pulled her up effortlessly, but before he knew what happened Athena pressed forward with a dagger in her hand extending the blade out against Perseus's throat.

"Never lower your guard." Athena said with a smile. Perseus looked into her eyes as his green eyes turned into orange flames. The celestial bronze dagger in her hand glowed red hot. "Damn" Athena dropped the dagger in pain. Perseus grabbed her hand quickly and the pain suddenly disappeared. He smiled at the goddess.

"The hearth can burn and heal." Perseus said. Athena just shook her head and gave him an evil smirk.

"You cheated we said no powers." Athena said.

"I hate to lose." Perseus said.

"It looks like you two are finished sparring." Hestia said as she walked into the practice arena accompanied by Hera and Demeter.

"The boys very good, but he's still too trusting." Athena said. Perseus gave her an amused smirk.

"She just says that because I beat her." Perseus said. Athena rolled her eyes.

"Perseus we need to talk." Zeus said as he walked into the arena with Hades at his side.

"Uncle Hades you've come to visit." Perseus said as he ran to his uncle.

"I wish it was just a visit my boy." Hades said.

"My brother is right we need to talk." Zeus said.

"Yes sir." Perseus said. Zeus had a concerned look on his face showing that something was definitely wrong.

"My master bolt has been stolen." Zeus said.

"How?" Perseus said.

"That is unclear. Thats why we need you." Zeus said.

"Father are you sure he's ready?" Athena asked.

"Aren't you?" Zeus asked in return. Athena looked at the boy and nodded.

"What do I need to do?" Perseus asked.

"You're going to school my boy." Hades said. Perseus stared at his uncle in disbelief.

"School, how will that help us find the bolt?" Perseus asked.

"We need you at Camp Half-Blood and this is the best way to get you there without revealing who you are." Hades said.

"Athena will take you to the school and explain everything on the way. You will need to hide all your powers and your skill. You must act like you do not know what you are and once you find out you must be the son of Poseidon only and not the champion of Olympus." Zeus said.

"Why do I have to hide?" Perseus asked.

"So our enemies don't know who are what you really are." Hera said.

"When do I leave?" Perseus asked.

"Thats why we're all here, so we can say goodbye." Hestia said.

"You're not all here." Perseus said sadly.

"Poseidon is in Atlantis, he was too busy to come." Zeus said. The boy rolled his eyes and frowned.

"As always." Perseus said incredulously.

"I'm sorry." Hera said trying to comfort him.

"I don't blame any of you. Let's get on with the mission." Perseus said trying to hide away the hurt and pain.
Awesome,you changed the entire story but it's really cool,but I still find it strange that even Athena likes Perseus,but other then that superb and post soon.
amazing post soon
over a year ago happyfestus said…
big smile
This.Is.Awesome.keeeeeepppppp poooooooooooooooooooooostiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii­ng
over a year ago greekgirlA said…
omg like so good. haha post soon!
Post Soon,please it's really good.
over a year ago v_lav said…
hey deathstrawberry i saw that you have ur other forum soul divided up on fanfiction.net as theseuslives with 13 chapters i'm just wondering if u also posting this on fanfiction.net
post please
over a year ago kelzun1325 said…
cake
good story. Have a cake
over a year ago foreverpercy said…
plz post
PLZ POST
over a year ago percy359 said…
If you want to read it go on fanfic.net
ok
over a year ago cApsLock1 said…
come on post already!!
over a year ago magic-cow said…
post!
AN: Percy has an axe given to him by Hades in this story, but he will eventually get Riptide. Also, his shield was a gift from Zeus. Lastly, please remember that this is an alternate universe fan fiction, so some things will be like the original stories, but with a twist while other things may be completely new.

Chapter 4: School

Yancy Academy - Perseus two months later

Percy's POV

Another boring day at school, if it wasn't for my friend Grover I would probably die. My name is Percy Jackson and I was sent to this school to be sent to camp. You might ask why did you go to school just to be sent to a camp? I've asked that question about twenty times a day for two months. You see I'm the so called Champion of Olympus, but now I just feel like the champion of losers. I'm a demigod, yes like in the myths. My father is Poseidon god of the seas, not that it makes much of a difference he's never around anyway. Yes, I know I'm a whiner, you'd whine too if you had great skills and power, but you couldn't show or tell anyone. I have to lead this double life; one of an ADHD and dyslexic teenager and the other as an all powerful demigod. I'm sure you think I'm crazy, unfortunately for me I do feel just a little crazy at the moment. I walked into my math class and quickly made my way to the back of the classroom, avoiding jocks trying to trip me and morons shooting paper wads at me. I sat down next to my friend Grover. He sat to my right with an equally bored expression on his face. I leaned over and whispered in his ear.

"This Pythagoras guy's stuff when am I ever going to need to know something developed by a dead Greek guy?" I asked, smiling to myself as I saw the expression on my friends face. You see I knew from the first day that I met Grover that he was a satyr and he would try to protect me. That didn't mean that I couldn't mess with him from time to time. Grover choked a little causing others around the room to look toward us. The teacher Mrs. Dodds glared daggers at the two of us.

"Mr. Jackson and Mr. Underwood, do you want to answer the question?" Mrs. Dodds asked. I looked at her and then toward the board. The Pythagorean theorem question on the board staring back at me. I knew the answer it helped that my teacher on Olympus was Athena, but I knew that I was supposed to play dumb.

"No ma'am I don't know the answer." I said sadly.

"Then next time try to pay attention instead of interrupting the class." Mrs. Dodds said.

"Yes, ma'am." I said as others in the class laughed at me. I really do hate playing the stupid teenage boy. The bell rang a few minutes later Grover and I walked out of class. As we passed Mrs. Dodds she gave me a knowing smile and I gave her a slight nod. Once out of the classroom Grover turned to me with a worried expression on his face.

"What's up G-man you look worried?" I asked. I know G-man what a lame nickname.

"Ah, Perce don't you think that Mrs. Dodds is out to get us?" Grover asked or almost bleated. He's definitely not the best undercover satyr. Perce, thats Grover's name for me. In fact, I used the name Percy Jackson at school Athena thought it more appropriate than Perseus.

"Nah, she's just doing her job." I said.

"She doesn't have to be so mean while she does it." Grover said. I laughed to myself, if he only knew the truth. We walked to the cafeteria as we were about to board a bus to the museum. Mrs. Dodds and Mr. Brunner, aka Chiron were taking us to a museum. By the way Chiron is this ancient instructor of heroes at Camp Half-Blood. I guess I should be honored that he came personally to see me, but I was more annoyed about keeping my real identity secret. Grover and I sat down in the cafeteria until all the students were assembled. Chiron, I mean Mr. Brunner rolled into the cafeteria in his wheel chair. You see Chiron is a centaur, half man half horse, but this wheel chair is his cover in the mortal world. He had shoulder length dark brown hair and a beard. He always wore these tweed sport coats and slacks. He always smelled like coffee. He rolled the rest of the way into the cafeteria followed closely by Mrs. Dodds. I was surprised that he didn't know about her.

"Alright children I want a single file line at the back door of the cafeteria please." Mr. Brunner said as he pointed towards the door. We all got up and formed a line. Grover and I were near the front of the line so we could sit in the back of the bus. Grover and I entered the bus a few jocks and just plain dumb asses threw a paper wad or two at us as we walked to the back of the bus. Grover and I sat in the last seat on the right side of the bus. I put my headphones in my ears until I was rudely interrupted by Nancy Bobofit, she was this ugly red headed girl with a face full of freckles. Several things made me dislike her; one she was a clepto, two she hated Grover and three she hated me even more. All I can say about that is the feelings mutual.

"Ah look its Percy Jackass and his crippled friend Grover Uglywood." Nancy said. Even her verbal slights were stupid. Grover isn't really a cripple. He has crutches because this is his cover. I don't think the mortals would understand how a teenage boy could have the legs of a goat.

"Nancy could you sit down the driver might see you in the rear view mirror and get sick to his stomach." I said with an evil smirk. Nancy stared daggers at me, but before she could say anything Mr. Brunner addressed the students.

"Everyone please sit down we will be on our way now." Mr. Brunner said. Nancy sat down, but she glared at Grover and I the entire trip to the museum. I would have thought she was a monster if I hadn't been trained to smell one a mile away. After thirty minutes of driving in New York traffic we reached the museum. It was a beautiful looking building with its nod to Greek architecture. Not that I want to be an architect or anything, but Athena made me learn about it when I lived on Olympus. The bus pulled up to the front of the museum and the doors opened. "Alright, single file everyone." We exited the bus. I walked in front of Grover as we headed down the steps of the bus. Grover fell forward, but I caught him before he could hit the concrete. I tried not to show off too much of my strength, but I wasn't going to let my friend do a face plant in the middle of the museum's sidewalk either.

"Are you alright Grover?" I asked my friend. He gave me a thankful look.

"Someone pushed me." Grover said. I looked up already knowing who that someone was. I saw Nancy staring at me with an evil smirk on her face. I was pretty pissed I must say as I looked back at her. I saw the smirk evaporate from her face. Her face turned to one of complete fear. I looked into the window of the bus to see orange flames where my normal sea green eyes use to be. I calmed myself and my eye color went back to normal. I internally yelled at myself for letting my emotions get in the way of my mission. We walked into the museum with the rest of the class. I noticed that Nancy stayed as far away from me as possible. At least one positive came out of that incident I thought.

Mr. Brunner stopped in front of some statues of the big three and started to talk to the other students. Grover was also preoccupied by the conversation. Mrs. Dodds walked over to me and whispered in my ear.

"Percy, can we talk?" Mrs. Dodds asked. I nodded and followed her into the next room, which was under construction. "Its good to see you Perseus." I looked at Mrs. Dodds as she turned into the familiar features of the dark skinned woman with leathery wings, jagged teeth and glowing yellow eyes. She walked up to me and hugged me affectionately. Yeah, I know for most people this would be odd, but I had stayed with my uncle in the underworld numerous times.

"I wish we could meet under better circumstances Alecto." I said. Alecto smiled if you can call a smile filled with jagged teeth a smile.

"The next phase of your mission is about to begin I'm afraid." Alecto said.

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"Chiron and the satyr must believe that you are in danger. They already suspect that Hades wants the master bolt, so my appearance here will only reinforce that belief. We need them to understand that he doesn't have it, but that he wants it. This will force out the true thief." Alecto said.

"I take it this plan was thought up by Athena?" I asked. Alecto smiled at me again.

"Perceptive as always champion. Yes, this will be the perfect opportunity to get you to camp. The only problem is that you will have to destroy me." Alecto said. I was stunned I couldn't destroy my friend.

"I can't hurt you." I said. Alecto sighed and stared into my eyes sympathetically.

"You won't hurt me, I will be sent straight to the underworld. I cannot die." Alecto said. I sighed in return and nodded in agreement.

"Should I use my axe?" I asked.

"No, Chiron will provide the weapon for you. All you need to do is keep up the act." Alecto said.

"OK, one last thing before we start this." I said as I walked forward and hugged the Fury when we parted she had a surprised look on her face.

"You are the only demigod who would dare do that and the only one I would let do it." Alecto said as I smiled at her. Her smiled evaporated as she emitted a loud screech that would scare anyone to death except for someone who had faced much worse in the depths of the underworld. She flew up on top of a scaffold that was setup in the middle of the room and began yelling.

"Where is it, where is the bolt lightning thief?" Alecto yelled. Hey, she's a pretty good actor I thought. Suddenly the door to the room burst open and in came Chiron and Grover.

"Get away from him." Mr. Brunner, I mean Chiron yelled. Alecto dove forward as an object flew into my hands it was a celestial bronze sword. As the Fury sailed toward me I swung the sword haphazardly toward her. The blade sliced through her shoulder turning her into golden dust that fell on me and over the floor. I prayed to my uncle Hades to forgive me and to relate the prayer to Alecto. I stopped and tried to look as shocked as Grover looked standing next to Mr. Brunner.

"Perce, are you OK?" Grover asked. I looked at him then the sword and then to Mr. Brunner.

"Where did this sword come from?" I asked. Mr. Brunner and Grover both smiled at me.

"What did she want from you?" Mr. Brunner asked. I made a bewildered looked cross over my face.

"She said something about a lightning bolt." I said. Mr. Brunner's face lost all of its color as he visibly slouched into his wheel chair. "They think he took it, he's not safe we have to take him to camp." Mr. Brunner said. I had to act stupid.

"What camp and whose they?" I asked. Grover and Mr. Brunner both ignored me. Mr. Brunner rolled over and took the sword out of my hand placing a pen cap on top of it. The sword turned into an old ratty ballpoint pen.

"What the" I said as I looked at the pen/sword. Mr. Brunner smiled at me and placed the pen into his pocket. I knew immediately that was a weapon that I would use in the future, but I wasn't sure how or why I knew that.

"Percy, you are in danger that was a Fury, she and the others think that you've stolen something important. Please go with Grover to the camp, it is a safe place where no one can hurt you." Mr. Brunner said clearly trying to reassure him. I gave him a skeptical look, but then I forced myself to look weak and defeated as I nodded in agreement. I hope this is on Hephaestus television because I want an acting award. I followed Grover out of the museum, he called a taxi over to us and then we entered the car.

"Take us to Farm Road 3.141 in Long Island." Grover told the driver. The driver looked at us and shook his head.

"That will cost you." The driver said. Grover showed him a large roll of cash and the driver nodded as we pulled away from the curb and toward Long Island. As we drove through the streets of New York I looked out the window to watch the other cars and the people walk down the sidewalks. We stopped at a red light and I looked two my left to see three women dressed in traditional Greek robes holding what looked like a giant ball f yarn. The yarn was pulled to one side and extend between the three women. The woman in the middle pulled out a large pair of scissors and was about to cut the string when a bus passed in front of them. Once the bus had passed I looked again and the three women were gone. I looked over to Grover to see if he had seen them and I noticed that his mouth was open in shock and he paled in fright before me.

"Did you see that?" I asked. Grover finally snapped out of his daze and mumbled something about something not happening again. I wasn't sure what he was talking about, but I recognized those three women as the Fates. Did that mean I was going to die or was that a vision of something to come? I wasn't sure at all. After a good two hour drive we finally made it to the address given to the driver by my satyr friend.

"Are you sure this is the place son?" The driver asked.

"Yes sir, here you go keep the change." Grover said as the driver took the money and smiled. He drove off leaving Grover and I standing on a farm road in the middle of nowhere. It was now dark and I could barely make out anything, well at least without revealing my abilities.

"Grover, where are we?" I said trying to sound frustrated, it wasn't too hard to act that way.

"Camp is just down this driveway." Grover said. Grover walked down a dirt driveway and I followed him. The driveway crossed through a farm field full of strawberries and a few barns and outbuildings. As we walked I felt the ground shake. Grover and I looked off to our left and suddenly a large tree landed in front of us. We turned in the direction that the tree had come from and saw something that made us freeze. Standing across the farm field was a twelve foot tall monster. It had the body of a large man with the head of a bull with massive horns; great its the minotaur I thought. How am I going to fight this thing and hide my abilities at the same time?
Chapter 5: To Camp

Camp Half-blood

Percy's POV

Just great the minotaur. The monster stood about a hundred yards from our position snorting loudly. Its eyes glowed red with anger and I knew it was about to charge us.

"Grover, move." I yelled. Grover took off toward the camp border and I followed close behind him. We almost made it until another tree landed in front of us blocking our path. We both turned, but Grover happened to be closer to the creature. The minotaur swung one of its beefy arms and hit Grover on the side sending him careening toward a large oak tree I turned and ran as fast as I could to intercept him. I made it close enough to be hit in the stomach by Grover's head, the collision sent me flying into the oak tree hard. The wind was knocked out of me and I knew that two of my ribs were broken. Grover laid on the ground unconscious. He must have really hit me hard if he got knocked out.

I looked up to see the minotaur about to crush Grover into the soft ground. I made a fist with my right hand and to turned my ring the long stick extended into my hand I squeezed the handle as the axe blades extended. There was a tough leather strap attached to the bottom of the axe handle that made a loop big enough for my hand to extend into it. You see when uncle Hades gave me this axe he told me that it was a special weapon, good for short and long range attacks. I began to twirl the axe end over end using the strap sending vibrations of noise through the air. The minotaur being the large moron that he is stopped to listen to the noise and turned toward me completely ignoring my satyr friend lying still on the ground. I stood up even though my ribs felt like they were on fire. I kept twirling the axe and the motion and noise it made seemed to mesmerize the big bully.

"Hey beefy boy are you ready?" I asked sarcastically. The bull headed monster flared its nostrils at me as drool dripped from its mouth. It was about to charge me when I let loose the axe it flew through the air in a perfect arc hitting the top of the minotaurs head cutting one of its massive horns clean in two. That got its attention, he charged at me and I was surprised how fast the thing was. I waited for just the right moment and jumped at the last minute. I flew into the air with my legs tucked to my chest as I flipped to avoid the creatures other horn. I landed on ground only to fall to my knees as the pain in my ribs exploded into my brain.

My vision became blurry from the intense pain, but the old bull charged me again. My axe had not yet returned to my hand. I looked around on the ground only to see the severed horn lying only a foot to my right. I picked it up and carefully stood up as old bully approached at full speed. I put all my remaining strength into my muscles and charged the monster. As we both approached each other I avoided his massive head by shifting to the side. I used both hands to hold the horn and I pushed forward with my remaining strength; the horn dug deep into the minotaur's chest. I let go of the horn and completed a spin move to the side. I landed on my butt hard wincing with pain as my side burned. I looked up to see the minotaur dissolve into gold dust.

I was panting loudly and my side was killing me. I stood up and walked toward Grover picking up the bull horn my prize for vaporizing old bully on the way. I raised my right hand as I approached the still form of my friend Grover to reveal my axe now hanging by the strap from my wrist. I squeezed the handle tightly again and the axe turned back into my ring. I knelt down beside Grover I could see his chest rising and falling gently so I knew he was OK. I grabbed him by the collar and slowly dragged him toward the border of camp. It was tough most of my strength was gone and my vision began to blur again. I was starting to find it hard to breathe. With one last pull Grover and I crossed the magical border of camp. I fell to my knees as I heard a conch horn sound. I looked up to see blurry figures running towards us, but it was too late my vision turned black as I passed out.

I woke a few times over the next several hours to someone feeding nectar. My vision was still blurry, but I seem to remember the scent of lemon and a few flashes of golden hair or something. I wasn't sure I was too tired.

"Do you know what happens at the summer solstice." A voice asked. I was still delirious, the voice sounded like a girls. Not that I'd been around many girls in my time. I was raised by goddesses, two of which were maiden goddesses so cut me some slack about this girl boy stuff. Besides I'm twelve years old I'm supposed to be clueless about girls. I broke myself away from my mental rant. I tried to open my eyes and I began to move around in the bed. I heard a chair scrape against the floor and someone run out of the room.

A few moments later I heard a noise that sounded like a horse running inside a house. My vision was finally clear now I looked up to see a centaur standing over me, it had to be Chiron.

"Child you're finally awake I see. You heal fast my young friend." Chiron said as he stood over me with a friendly smile on his face.

"Mr. Brunner, whoa you have." I tried to say hoping that I sounded surprised enough.

"A real horses ass, I know. We need to talk my young friend." Chiron said. "My name is Chiron and you are at a camp for very special young people. Do you remember the stories of the Greek gods I use to teach you at school?" I nodded trying to keep my surprised look on my face. "I'm know as Chiron here and I'm a centaur."

"Half horse half man" I said awkwardly trying to keep up with the whole surprised act.

"Exactly, do you remember about what I taught you about people who were half god and half human?" Chiron asked. I tried to sit up in the bed a little more and I noticed that my side didn't hurt anymore.

"Demigods" I said carefully. Chiron smiled at me.

"Correct, Percy you are a demigod." Chiron said.

"I'm an orphan I don't know who my parents are." I lied and pretty well by the sad expression on Chiron's face.

"I'm sorry about that, but your father is alive, he is a god. We don't know which god yet. You still have to be claimed." Chiron said.

"Claimed?" I said. Chiron sighed and looked at me thoughtfully. I saw movement from behind him. Chiron recognized my eyes wandering behind him. He stepped out of the way to reveal a tall blonde girl about my age. She was probably taller than me, she wore an orange shirt that said Camp Half-blood and a pair of khaki shorts. Her hair was golden blonde and was tied into a loose pony tail with some blonde curls that cascaded down her shoulder just like a princess would have. A princess, what in Tartarus am I thinking, I thought. She looked like a typical all-American California girl, but that thought was thrown away when I looked into her eyes. Her eyes were a striking and intense shade of gray. That looked like a combination of storm clouds and ocean waves during a storm. They were beautiful and for a moment I thought I recognized this girl.

"Percy this is Annabeth." Chiron said. The girl looked at me and I swear I saw her cheeks turn a little pink. We stared into each others eyes for a moment.

"You snore and drool in your sleep." Annabeth said then she turned on her heels and ran out the door. I was taken aback at that moment totally unable to think of anything. Chiron seemed to recognize my shocked expression.

"I'm sorry child I'm not sure whats gotten into her. I will send Grover in to see you with some food and a change of clothes. Tomorrow when you're feeling better you will go to the Hermes cabin until your father claims you as his." Chiron said. I just nodded my head as he walked out of my room and closed the door. I will never understand girls I thought as I slid back down under the covers. I fell asleep thinking about a certain golden haired girl that for some reason liked to comment on my sleeping habits.

Annabeth's POV

I ran out of the big house and sat on the steps of the porch. What in Hades was I thinking? "You snore and drool in your sleep." I said out loud mockingly. What kind of hello was that? He probably thinks I'm an idiot. I don't know what came over me. This Percy Jackson guy is different, I'm not sure how but he is. When he looked at me I felt exposed like he was seeing into my soul. I looked into his eyes those sea green eyes that seemed as deep and mysterious as the sea. My gods I can't be falling for a guy I just met, besides I love Luke.

"Annabeth my child." Chiron said from behind me. I turned around quickly.

"Yes sir." I said calmly.

"I need you to give Percy a tour of camp tomorrow. Also, he will be staying at the Hermes cabin so please talk to Luke about that." Chiron said. I nodded and made my way to the Hermes cabin. I get to take that kid on a tour tomorrow. I definitely need to make a better impression tomorrow, I thought.
Story: Champion of Olympus

Chapter 6: Hot Heads and Sword Fights

Camp Half-blood

Percy's POV

Grover had woke me up two hours after Chiron had left me in my room in the big house as I recuperated from my encounter with the minotaur. If Grover apologized to me one more time I think I would have strangled him, but I controlled myself. Grover is a good friend one of the few I've ever had. On Olympus I was either with the seven gods that knew I existed or I was in hiding. I never got to go to any of the solstice celebrations, believe me it could get pretty boring there. I hoped my time here at camp would be more exciting. My biggest concern was that I would give away who I really am because of my powers or training. I guess I would be practicing my acting skills, oh joy I thought. I finally went back to sleep late in the evening.

I awoke the next morning feeling much better. The miraculous powers of ambrosia and nectar never cease to amaze me. I got dressed in an orange camp shirt and khaki shorts that Chiron left for me. I put on my white Converse and I was ready for my first real day at camp. I walked out of my room and made my way out of the house. As I walked onto the front porch of the house I saw Chiron and another guy, he was dressed in a tiger striped Hawaiian shirt. He had a chubby face and curly hair. He wore khaki shorts like most campers wore which was fine, but I looked down at his feet to see bright purple running shoes. For some reason I instantly knew that he was Dionysus, the god of wine and madness.

"Percy, I'm glad to see you up and around. This is Mr. D he is the camp director." Chiron said.

"Good to meet you sir, what's the D stand for?" I asked playing stupid. Mr. D narrowed his eyes at me.

"Child, Mr. D is a god and names are powerful." Chiron warned.

"You're serious aren't you that stuff yesterday was true?" I asked really playing up the stupid part. Mr. D began to laugh hard.

"I liked this kid, he's like comedy relief for this camp." Mr. D said mockingly. I could feel the anger well up in side of me, but I let it pass.

"Mr. D, Percy is knew to all of this I don't believe he understands what he is yet?" Chiron said. Mr. D looked at me questioningly, but then he looked away with boredom etched on his face. At that moment Annabeth walked up the steps of the big house.

"Good Anniebell you can explain things to Peter Johnson over here. Chiron let's get back to our game." Mr. D huffed as he turned back to Chiron. Chiron just looked at Annabeth and I; he sighed loudly and waved for the two of us to start the tour. We walked off the porch I noticed that we must've been on the north shore of Long Island, because on this side of the house, the valley marched all the way up to the water, which glittered about a mile in the distance. Between here and there, I simply couldn't process everything I was seeing. The landscape was dotted with buildings that looked like ancient Greek architecture an open-air pavilion, an amphitheater, a circular arena, except that they all looked brand new, their white marble columns sparkling in the sun. In a nearby sandpit, a dozen high school-age kids and satyrs played volleyball. Canoes glided across a small lake. Kids in bright orange T-shirts like Annabeth's were chasing each other around a cluster of cabins nestled in the woods. Some shot targets at an archery range. Others rode horses down a wooded trail, and unless I was hallucinating, some of their horses had wings. My expression must have given away my excitement because Annabeth had stopped walking and was looking at me with a smile on her face.

"Incredible isn't it?" She asked. I turned and looked at her with a stupid grin on my face.

"This can't be real." I said trying to act stupid. I guess I succeeded because Annabeth began to laugh.

As she laughed I looked at her closely. Annabeth was wearing the usual orange camp shirt and a pair blue jean shorts. I got a better look at her tanned legs and I also noticed a yankee's cap sticking out of her back pocket. We were quiet for a minute until she broke the silence. "So what did Mr. D want me to explain to you?" Annabeth asked. I hated to have to do this she would most likely think of me as the stupidest kid in camp.

"Yeah, this whole thing about gods, satyrs, centaurs and demigods is so unreal I must have dreamt that." I said. Annabeth stopped in her tracks and gave me a look that said can you be that stupid. I felt my face turn red.

"Percy, the Greek gods are real, Grover is a satyr, Chiron is a centaur and I'm a demigod. You may not believe it yet, but so are you." Annabeth stated firmly. I just looked into her gray eyes for a moment and I just knew that she was a daughter of Athena.

"OK, so if you're a demigod, whose your godly parent?" I asked. Annabeth smiled and I could see her face turn into a proud grin.

"My mother is Athena, goddess of wisdom and battle strategy." Annabeth said. I smiled inwardly that I was correct.

"Wow, the same Athena that helped Odysseus and battled Poseidon for Athens." I said trying to sound in awe while trying to show that I wasn't completely stupid.

"Yes, I'm glad you learned something from Chiron at that school." Annabeth said sarcastically.

"So you're saying that I really did fight that thing last night?" I asked still trying to sound skeptical.

"Well, the horn hanging out of your pocket certainly points to it." Annabeth said sarcastically. I gave her a questioningly look.

"So I fought the minotaur?" I asked again. Annabeth glared at me.

"Names have power haven't you learned that yet? I can't believe I thought you were the one." Annabeth said angrily. What does she mean by the one?

"What's your problem, so I killed some bull guy ..." I started.

"Don't talk like that, don't you know how many kids here would love to be in your shoes?" Annabeth said.

"To get killed." I yelled back trying to get her good and mad. I needed her to believe I was stupid and clueless although I didn't feel good about it.

"To fight monsters! What do you think we train for?" Annabeth asked incredulously.

I shook my head trying to act like I didn't care. "Look, if that thing really was the minotaur." I whispered. "Then he died a gajillion years ago, Theseus killed him right?"

Annabeth just shook her head and sighed as if talking to the biggest fool she ever met. "Monsters don't die Percy. They can be killed, but they can't die." Annabeth said.

Now it was my turn to look at her like she was crazy. "What the hell, if they can die then their dead. You certainly cleared that up for me." I said grinning internally at her pissed off expression.

Annabeth groaned loudly and pulled me to the side of a cabin. "They don't have souls, like you and me. You can dispel them for a while, maybe even for a whole lifetime if you're lucky. But they are primal forces. Chiron calls them archetypes. Eventually, they re-form." Annabeth said. I nodded trying to act like I faked understanding. Hey, it really is hard to fake like your faking, now I really do sound like an idiot.

We walked on I didn't talk as I listened to her talk about the camp.

She showed me the cabins. There were twelve of them, nestled in the woods by the lake. They were arranged in a U, with two at the base and five in a row on either side. They were without doubt the most bizarre collection of buildings I'd ever seen. Except for the fact that each had a large brass number above the door (odd on the left side, evens on the right), they looked absolutely nothing alike. Number nine had smokestacks, like a tiny factory. Number four had tomato vines on the walls and a roof made out of real grass. Seven seemed to be made of solid gold, which gleamed so much in the sunlight it was almost impossible to look at. They all faced a commons area about the size of a soccer field, dotted with Greek statues, fountains, flower beds, and a couple of basketball hoops. She talked about each cabin discussing the reason for each feature and how they represented each god. She really knew her stuff. We made it to the mess hall where Annabeth talked about each god having their own table and that their children could only sit at that table.

"Fresh meat, whose the wimp princess?" A tall girl with stringy brown hair asked she had amber colored eyes that to me looked like those of a pig. She was flanked by two other girls who were almost equally as menacing. So these were the camp bullies. I know what they're going to do I just had to come up with an appropriate plan to thwart them without showing too much of my power.

"Clarisse, this is Percy Jackson, why don't you leave the kid alone he just got here yesterday?" Annabeth said. Clarisse just looked at Annabeth and smiled fiendishly.

"Prissy huh, well all new campers get the initiation or have you forgotten that little princess." Clarisse spat. I saw Annabeth step forward ready to challenge the tall girl. Before Annabeth could say anything I stepped forward.

"Why don't you do us a favor and crawl back under the rock where you and your friends came from?" I yelled. Annabeth looked at me in shock while Clarisse's face turned red with anger her eyes looked like they were going to burst into flames as well.

"No one insults the daughters of Ares." She said. That makes sense they are children of Ares, this might be easier than I thought. Ares was never a big thinker, so his children are probably just as dense. Clarisse and the two other girls grabbed me and pulled me toward the latrine. I knew that was where they would take me and I tried to act like I was struggling, but I really wasn't. I had a good plan to teach these three a lesson. Annabeth followed behind yelling for Clarisse to stop, but the three Ares children ignored her. They pulled me into the latrine slamming the door on Annabeth as we entered I could hear her pounding on the door and yelling.

"Now you're going to pay Prissy." They threw me to the floor near the closest toilet and began to stalk towards me. I focused on the water within the pipes. I made the water turn as cold as I could without freezing it. I suddenly pulled the water free from its constraints. The three pipes connected to three toilets exploded sending a jet of water at each of the three Ares kids smacking them in the face. The two girls that flanked either side of Clarisse hit the floor hard. I could hear them cursing in pain. The middle jet of water struck Clarisse in the face, but it didn't knock her down. She yelled in surprise and charged at me. I focused on a small valve on the toilet next to me and then I focused on the water behind it the valve exploded. The valve rushed forward and struck Clarisse directly in the forehead. I knew it wouldn't kill her, but she landed on top of her two half-sisters out cold. Her sisters lifted her by the shoulders just as Annabeth broke open the door.

"What in Hades?" Annabeth yelled. Clarisse's sisters glared at me warily while they quickly carried Clarisse out of the latrine. Annabeth stared down at me in wonder. I looked around at the latrine, it was a disaster. Water was everywhere, except where I sat on the floor. The floor where I sat and myself were completely dry.

"How did you?" Annabeth asked. I looked up at her with the best surprised face I could muster.

"I have no idea." I said as Annabeth helped me up to my feet. She looked at me curiously for a moment as if she was debating something within her head. I knew that look all to well. It was the same look that Athena would get when she was thinking or strategizing.

"What?" I asked. Annabeth broke away from her thoughts and smiled at me mischievously. Her smile made me freeze, her eyes sparkled and for that moment I couldn't get over how beautiful she was. Crap, I sound like some stupid Aphrodite kid.

"I want you on our capture the flag team." Annabeth said as she walked away. I finally broke out of my daze and ran to catch up with her.

"Where are we going?" I asked. Annabeth kept walking.

"To cabin eleven thats where all the unclaimed stay until their parent claims them." Annabeth said.

"How long does it take to get claimed?" I asked. Annabeth stopped abruptly. She turned and looked at me sadly.

"Usually quickly when it happens." Annabeth said.

"What do you mean by when it happens?" I asked. Annabeth wouldn't look me in the eyes she just stared toward the cabins.

"Many campers are never claimed." Annabeth said. I was shocked I never knew that. I thought all the gods claimed their children.

"Why is that?" I asked. Annabeth turned towards me and I could see the sadness in her gray eyes.

"Some kids never make it to camp alive, others are minor god's kids who never get claimed because only the Olympians have cabins and well others never get claimed by their parent for other reasons I guess." Annabeth said. I knew better than to press her on this discussion.

"So where is this cabin eleven?" I asked. Annabeth walked towards a very unassuming cabin. Out of all the cabins, eleven looked the most like a regular old camp cabin, with the emphasis on old. The threshold was worn down, the brown paint peeling. Over the doorway was one of those doctor's symbols, a winged pole with two snakes wrapped around it, a caduceus. We entered to see many kids already in the cabin. Annabeth walked up to a tall blond guy who had to be at least seventeen. He had piercing blue eyes and a long scar that ran from just underneath his right eye to the bottom of his chin. He smiled at me warmly and I could tell he was a child of Hermes by the mischief in his eyes. I also noticed that Annabeth's face turned red when he looked at her. For some reason that made me a little angry, but I shook that feeling off.

"Percy Jackson this is Luke Castellan, head counselor of the Hermes cabin." Annabeth said. I shook Luke's hand firmly and I think he was taken aback by the firmness in my handshake.

"Good to meet you Percy." Luke said warmly.

"Same here." I said in return. I saw two kids walk up that looked like younger versions of Luke, they were around my age maybe a year younger and they looked like twins.

"Undecided or decided?" One of the twins asked.

"Undecided" Annabeth answered. There was a moan of sadness in the cabin at that revelation.

"Don't worry kid there is a space over there by the corner. I'm sorry you'll have to sleep in a sleeping bag for the time being. As you can see we're pretty much at capacity." Luke said. I could tell that this saddened him and I almost could see a tinge of anger behind his eyes as well.

"Connor and Travis, find Percy a sleeping bag. I want to take the kid to sword training he's got a strong grip, he should make a good swordsman." Luke said as he pointed toward the two twins.

"See you around Annabeth." I said. She smiled back at me and then blushed again when Luke smiled at her as well. Luke and I walked to the sword training arena. A few Hermes campers followed us whispering how Luke was the best swordsman the camp had seen in three hundred years. So this guy is good I thought. Its too bad that I had to hide my prowess. We entered the sword arena and Luke helped me put on my armor not that I needed it, but I had to keep up the act. Luke gave me a sword that was a little light for my tastes, but I would have to compensate for it.

"Here stand like this with your sword in this position." Luke instructed. I already knew all of this and then some, but I kept up the act. After we finished with the basics Luke said that we should spar a little. Luke and I parried, thrusted, blocked and sliced in a more subdued sparring match. I knew he was taking it easy on me and of course I was not even trying at all. "Percy I think its time we went at regular speed." Luke said and then he sliced very quickly which I blocked haphazardly, but still easy enough that Luke raised an eyebrow. "Good job, you're a natural." If he only knew I thought. We continued to spar for at least an hour Luke disarmed me and won every time, but I made sure to extend the sparring match every time.

"Percy, you're doing great, I know that sword is not the ideal weight for you, but we'll have the Hephaestus cabin make you a balanced sword later. For now I want to show you a special disarming move." Luke said. I could hear the kids in the audience talk about the move and that Luke was the only one who had ever mastered it. Luke showed me the move and it was one I had seen many times in my matches with Athena. "Here we go." Luke and I sparred and then Luke used the move on me. I saw it coming from a mile away, but I kept up my act and let the sword be knocked out of my hand. "Now its your turn, don't worry if you don't get it right away its a hard move to master." I was tired of acting the fool and the novice. Luke and I sparred again our swords clanged together several times as we thrusted, parried and sliced at each other. Luke came in with a thrust that was perfect for the disarming maneuver. I moved my sword and flipped my wrist with such speed and precision that I would have disarmed anyone including a god. Luke's sword flew out of his hand and landed on the ground about ten feet away. Luke looked up at me in surprise. The onlookers were completely quiet.

"Did I do OK?" I asked trying to sound confused. Luke just stared at me with confusion in his eyes.

"How did you do that?" Luke asked in disbelief. I just looked at him awkwardly.

"Not sure, I did what you told me and it just seemed right." I said trying to sound unsure. Luke and I practiced for another hour and I made sure to never win again although I made him work for each victory. However, I don't believe he was trying as hard as he could. I had spent most of the day in the sword arena as I went to the showers to cool off. As I entered the shower the coolness of the water reenergized me as a son of Poseidon water seemed to make everything slow down so I could think. My ADHD wasn't nearly as bad. Once I left the showers I walked to the mess hall and sat down between Luke and Connor Stoll. It was dinner time I walked up and grabbed some food then I made my offering. I prayed to my dad, aunts, uncles and to Athena the only ones I could pray to. I asked them to help me hide who I am and to make my mission succeed. I sat back down and ate my dinner, I left the mess hall and walked to the beach I needed to think. Tomorrow I would do the other camp activities such as canoeing, archery, obstacle course, ancient Greek, etc. I sat down on the end of the dock with my feet in the water.

I knew I would have to be claimed soon so Athena's plan could go into action. I heard someone walking toward me, I looked up to see Grover.

"Hey, G-man." I said. Grover sat down and tried to fake a smile.

"Hey, Perce." He said, I could tell that there was something wrong with him.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Mr. D spoke to me about my last mission." Grover said.

"You mean me, right?" I asked. Grover nodded. "What about it?"

"I won't get my searchers license because technically I didn't bring you to camp you kind of saved my butt." Grover said. I felt sorry for him, but he's right I did save him.

"So what's going to happen?" I asked. Grover sighed loudly and just stared out over the water.

"I have to be asked to go on a quest and it has to succeed." Grover said.

"So thats good right?" I asked. Grover just patted me on the back.

"There hasn't been a quest in years and the last one didn't work out so well." Grover said, I didn't press him on that as he looked really sad.

"Don't worry G-man, if I get a quest I'll ask you to go." I said. Grover smiled at me, but I could tell that he didn't believe I could get a quest. Its too bad that I knew different, I would get a quest and I just hoped that Grover was up for it.
yes! you posted awsome! keep posting on both ur forums, kay!

thnx!
okay, the day has come... im leaving for agra and will not be back fr 1 whole week (sniffle) without my laptop (starts bawling) ill miss u guys and keep posting so that when i get back i have a whole page of comments to read and (hopefully) some chps.

keep going! some people are reading ths without an id so they cant comment so keep posting!
hey im back and why didnt u post?
over a year ago icysugarpop said…
u didnt post for 14 days now!! keep posting!!!
over a year ago TheSennin said…
mischievous
Guys you better go check it out on fanfiction.net, it's all over there with the following stories. U'll get addicted for sure, the guy's is a "Genious" as there is none on fanpop, here is his page link you better be ready cuz yyou won't leave your screen ;)
over a year ago MythicLover said…
I dont think it should be percabeth but whatever, it is so awesome so far!
over a year ago Kaia143 said…
heart
Is he going to keep going? Cause I hope so. Its really good!! I luv it!!
over a year ago swiftwater said…
ON PAGE ONE I TOLD PEOPLE TO LOOK UP THE CHAMPION OF OLYMPUS THE PLAN!!!BUT DID ANYONE LISTEN.NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT HAD TO BE MENTIONED TWICE.
over a year ago MisterPerfect1 said…
What happened to this story...?
over a year ago Kaia143 said…
sad
Is deathberry1 going to keep going
mischievous
Chapter 7: Capture the Flag

Camp Half-blood

Percy's POV

I walked into the mess hall for lunch and I was tired. I had one Tartarus of a morning at camp. I started off with archery and even though I could hit every bullseye I pretended to be terrible and believe you me I did a great job. Just don't talk to Grover because I nearly shot him in the butt with an arrow and he wasn't the only one. I almost shot Chiron as well. Yeah, after that little almost accident Chiron took away my bow, he told me that I was the worst archer he had ever seen. I guess I played my role well, too well I believe.

My next event was in the obstacle course, which included the lava wall. Believe me nearly getting fried by lava isn't fun. I ran the course with Malcolm one of Annabeth's brothers. He cursed me the whole way as I almost killed him a few times, but hey I was only acting I wouldn't have really let him get hurt. Besides I was the one that was burnt around the edges when I finally completed the course.

My last event before lunch was wrestling. Clarisse was still in the infirmary with a concussion, but her sisters as they took turns pulverizing me in wrestling told me that she would be ready by this afternoon's capture the flag. I tried to act scared, but of course that was all part of the act. I was getting pretty good at acting the fool.

Here I am sitting at the Hermes table at lunch I followed Luke up to get food and made an offering to all the gods that I knew personally even my dad. I sat back down with my cabin mates and I knew my dad wouldn't claim me until something special happened. I saw Chiron walk up to the front of the tables and stomp his hoof loudly on the ground. All talking ceased within the mess hall.

"I have a few announcements. First, we have a new camper here everyone please welcome Percy Jackson." Chiron said as he pointed toward me, Luke pulled me to my feet. I heard a few claps and some laughs at my expense. I sat down quickly making my face turn red trying to give a hint of embarrassment. "Now to our second announcement we will have capture the flag this afternoon. The teams are Ares against Athena. After lunch Luke told me that Athena cabin made an alliance with the Apollo and Hermes cabins the two largest cabins in camp. The Ares cabin on the other hand made an alliance with the Hephaestus, Aphrodite, Dionysus and Demeter cabins. We were to meet in the clearing just outside of the mess hall at two in the afternoon. We finished lunch and I practiced canoeing, which of course I allowed myself to be good at, but who cares when will canoeing ever save your life I thought? After my canoe training I joined the rest of cabin eleven along with the Athena and Apollo cabins. I saw Annabeth standing up front with Luke behind her. She wore the commander colors and was clearly in charge of our team. I still remember her saying how she wanted me on her team after the whole bathroom incident. I knew she had something planned, she was a daughter of Athena after all.

Chiron galloped forward and stomped his hoof loudly. "Heroes!" he announced. "You know the rules. The creek is the boundary line. The entire forest is fair game. All magic items are allowed. The banner must be prominently displayed, and have no more than two guards. Prisoners may be disarmed, but may not be bound or gagged; no killing or maiming is allowed. I will serve as a referee and battlefield medic. Arm yourselves!"

We all ran forward and grabbed our armor and weapons. I wore my leather armor and a helmet with a blue plume on top of it. I grabbed a sword it was a little too heavy, but it was better than the one that I used when I fought Luke. Luke helped me fix my armor and he gave me a wooden shield that looked big enough to sled on.

"Percy you're on border patrol." Luke said. He ran off and I followed him until I saw Annabeth. I ran toward her.

"Hey, whats the plan?" I asked. Annabeth kept running so I stayed with her.

"Its obvious we're going to get their flag." Annabeth said sarcastically. "Did Luke give you an assignment?"

"Yeah, border patrol whatever that is." I said trying to sound clueless I guess it worked because Annabeth rolled her eyes.

"It's easy. Stand by the creek, keep the reds away. Leave the rest to me. Athena always has a plan." Annabeth said as she pointed toward the creek. Before she ran off she stopped and looked at me. "Just watch Clarisse's spear. You don't want that thing touching you. Otherwise, don't worry. We'll take the banner from Ares." She finished and then ran off with the others leaving me by the creek alone. I stayed there waiting until I heard five people running towards me when I saw the red plumes I knew it was the enemy.

Five Ares warriors came yelling and screaming out of the darkness of the woods

"Cream the punk!" Clarisse screamed. I took a defensive stance with my sword and wooden shield. Her ugly pig eyes glared through the slits of her helmet. She brandished a five-foot-long spear, its barbed metal tip flickering with red light. Instinctively I knew this weapon sparked with electricity. I bet that was a gift from her daddy, I thought. Her siblings had only the standard issue bronze swords, I was much less worried about them.

They charged across the stream. There was no help in sight. I could run or I could defend myself against half the Ares cabin. I knew I would choose the latter, but I had to make this look good. I had to fight them like a novice, a very lucky novice.

I sidestepped the first kid's swing, but these guys were not as stupid as the Minotaur. They surrounded me, and Clarisse thrust at me with her spear, my shield deflected the point, but I felt a slight tingling all over my body. My shield arm tingled a little and I could smell the air burning. I cleared my mind and I knew what I needed to do to win this battle and demonstrate that I was a son of Poseidon.

I fell back towards the stream. Another Ares guy slammed me in the chest with the butt of his sword and I hit the dirt playing the clumsy fool again. They could've kicked me into jelly, but they were too busy laughing.

"Give him a haircut," Clarisse said. "Grab his hair."

I stood up quickly and they all looked at me strangely for a moment. I raised my sword, but Clarisse slammed it aside with her spear as sparks flew, but her spear had little effect on me.

"Oh, wow," Clarisse said feigning surprise. "I'm scared of this guy. Really scared."

"The flag is that way," I told her.

I tried to sound angry and afraid at the same time, but I was neither.

"Yeah," one of her siblings said. "But see, we don't care about the flag. We care about a guy who made our cabin look stupid."

"You do that without my help," I quipped. It probably wasn't the smartest thing to say.

Two of them came at me. I backed up toward the creek, I raised my shield clumsily, but Clarisse was faster than I gave her credit for. Her spear stuck me straight in the ribs. If I hadn't been wearing an armored breastplate, I would've been shish-ka-bobbed. One of her cabin mates slashed his sword across my arm, leaving a good-size cut.

Seeing my own blood made me angry and I wanted to rip their heads off.

"No maiming," I managed to say.

"Oops," the guy said. "Guess I lost my dessert privilege."

He pushed me into the creek and I landed with a splash. They all laughed. I smiled inwardly as the cut on my arm instantly healed and I felt strength flow through me. Now it was time for payback.

Clarisse and her cabin mates came into the creek to get me, but I stood to meet them. I knew what to do; I swung the flat of my sword against the first guy's head and knocked his helmet clean off sending it scattering across the shoreline. I hit him so hard I could see his eyes vibrating as he crumpled into the water.

Ugly number Two and Ugly Number Three came at me. I slammed one in the face with my shield and used my sword to shear off the other guy's horsehair plume. Both of them backed up quickly. They charged me again ugly number two thrusted forward with his sword which I batted away with my shield. I turned quickly and punch him across the face so hard I felt two of his teeth get knocked loose. Ugly number three charged as well, I spun to the left stabbing the edge of my shield into his arm knocking the sword from his hand. I spun back around and used the handle of my sword to crack him in the side of the head sending him flying into the ground. Ugly two and three laid unconscious on the ground near the edge of the creek. Ugly Number Four didn't look really anxious to attack, but Clarisse kept coming, the point of her spear crackling with energy.

As soon as she thrust, I caught the shaft between the edge of my shield and my sword, and I snapped it like a twig.

"Ah!" she screamed. "You idiot! You corpse-breath worm!"

She probably would've said worse, but I punch her directly between the eyes in the spot that I had hit her with the water valve. Her eyes crossed and she wore the stupidest look I had ever seen. She fell backwards and landed on the shore of the creek unconscious. The last Ares camper ugly number four charged me I slammed my wooden shield in his face snapping the shield in half and breaking his nose. He fell backwards onto the shore out cold next to his sister.

Then I heard yelling, elated screams, and I saw Luke racing toward the boundary line with the red team's banner lifted high. He was flanked by a couple of Hermes guys covering his retreat, and a few Apollo's kids behind them, fighting off the Hephaestus kids. My border patrol position had been a trick to get Ares and part of her cabin to attack me. I wasn't mad actually it was a great plan and it worked perfectly, but I knew I would have to act hurt and mad.

Everybody converged on the creek as Luke ran across into friendly territory. Our side exploded into cheers. The red banner shimmered and turned silver. The boar and spear were replaced with a huge caduceus, the symbol of cabin eleven. Everybody on the blue team picked up Luke and started carrying him around their shoulders. Chiron cantered out from the woods and blew the conch horn.

The game was over. We'd won.

I was about to join the celebration when Annabeth's voice, right next to me in the creek, said, "Not bad, hero"

I looked, but she wasn't there.

"Where the heck did you learn to fight like that?" she asked. Then she shimmered, and materialized holding a Yankees baseball cap as if she'd just taken it off her head.

I faked an angry face. "You set me up," I said. "You put me here because you knew Clarisse would come after me, while you sent Luke around the flank. You had it all figured out."

Annabeth shrugged. "I told you. Athena always, always has a plan."

"A plan to pulverize me." I yelled. Annabeth stood back from my angry glare, see I'm getting better at this acting thing after all.

"I came here as fast as I could. I was about to jump in, but…" she said, then she shrugged. "You didn't need help." Then she noticed my wounded arm. "How did you do that?"

"Sword cut," I said. "What do you think?" I said with venom in my voice.

"No. It was a sword cut. Look at it." Annabeth said, I knew what she was getting at so I feigned ignorance.

The blood was gone. Where the huge cut had been, there was a long white scratch, and even that was fading. As I watched, it turned into a small scar, and disappeared.

"I-I don't get it," I said, hoping that I sounded shocked and nervous.

Annabeth was thinking hard. I could almost see the gears turning. She looked down at my feet, then at Clarisse's broken spear, and said, "Step out of the water, Percy."

"What-" I tried to ask before she cut me off.

"Just do it." Annabeth ordered.

I came out of the creek and I fell to my knees pretending to be bone tired. I faked like I was going to fall over, but Annabeth steadied me.

"Oh, Styx," she cursed. "This is not good. I didn't want…I assumed it would be Zeus…"

I knew what she meant, but before I could play stupid again I heard a canine growl. Suddenly, a howl ripped through the forest.

The campers' cheering died instantly. Chiron shouted something in Ancient Greek, which I would realize, only later, I had understood perfectly: "Stand ready! My bow!"

Annabeth drew her sword.

There on the rocks just above us was a very large hellhound and I would know since Cerberus and I are on good terms.

It was looking straight at me.

Nobody moved except Annabeth, who yelled, "Percy, run!"

She tried to step in front of me, but I instinctively pulled her out of the way. It hit me, as I stumbled backward I felt its razor-sharp claws ripping through my armor, there was a cascade of thwacking sounds, like forty pieces of paper being ripped one after the other. From the hound's neck sprouted a cluster of arrows. The monster fell dead at my feet.

I cursed myself inwardly for playing the hero and getting myself hurt. The wound was bad, but nothing I couldn't handle.

Chiron trotted up next to us, a bow in his hand, his face grim.

"Di immortalus!" Annabeth said. "That's a hellhound from the Fields of Punishment. They don't…they're not supposed to …"

"Someone summoned it," Chiron said. "Someone inside the camp."

Luke came over, the banner in his hand forgotten.

We watched the body of the hellhound melt into shadow, soaking into the ground until it disappeared.

"You're wounded," Annabeth told me. "Quick, Percy, get in the water."

"I'm okay." I said.

"No, you're not," she said. "Chiron, watch this."

I stepped back into the creek and I knew what was going to happen, the whole camp gathered around me. Instantly, I felt better. I could feel the cuts on my chest closing up. Some of the campers gasped.

"Look, I-I don't know why," I said, trying to apologize playing along with my usual cover. "I'm sorry…"

But they weren't watching my wounds heal. They were staring at something above my head.

"Percy," Annabeth said, pointing. "Um…"

I looked up to see the sign was already fading, but I could still make out the hologram of green light, spinning and gleaming. A three-tipped spear: a trident. My father's symbol above my head.

"Your father," Annabeth murmured. "This is really not good." Of course a daughter of Athena would think that.

"It is determined," Chiron announced.

All around me, campers started kneeling, even the Ares cabin, though they didn't look happy about it.

"My father?" I asked, trying to sound completely bewildered.

"Poseidon," said Chiron. "Earthshaker, Stormbringer, Father of Horses. Hail, Perseus Jackson, Son of the Sea God." I was claimed now and I knew my quest would be only a matter of time.

Chapter 8: A Prophecy and a Nightmare

Camp Half-blood

Annabeth's POV

"Poseidon," said Chiron. "Earthshaker, Stormbringer, Father of Horses. Hail, Perseus Jackson, Son of the Sea God." Crap he's the son of Poseidon, he'll never want me to go on a quest with him now. "Everyone back to your cabins." Chiron motioned everyone to leave I reluctantly walked back towards camp, but I slipped on my yankee's cap and immediately became invisible. I watched as Chiron led Percy toward the big house, I followed them closely. Grover ran up to Chiron as they approached the big house.

"What's going on?" Grover asked impatiently.

"Percy has been claimed he's the son of Poseidon." Chiron said. Grover looked toward Percy curiously. Percy nodded in agreement. I could see the look of shock on Grover's face he just stared at Percy. "Come on Grover you can come with us." I followed the three of them as they reached the big house. They found Mr. D in the kitchen drinking a diet coke and reading some magazine on wine and spirits.

"Ah, so you brought Perry along and the satyr." Mr. D said.

'Mr. D, Percy has been claimed he's the son of Poseidon." Chiron said, when he said son of Poseidon Mr. D spit his coke all over Grover. Grover gave the now flabbergasted god a death glare. Grover grabbed a dish towel and wiped off his face.

"So my old sea dog uncle broke the oath too. Leave it to the all powerful big three to forget their promises." Mr. D said, his eyes grew wide when thunder blasted right above the big house. "Sorry dad, thats right you can't take a joke I remember." Chiron cleared his throat and motioned for Percy and Grover to take a seat at the table.

"Chiron, did I do something wrong?" Percy asked.

"Well, you're existence is wrong. Chiron I can turn him into a porpoise or a dolphin, I'm sure my uncle would be OK with that." Mr. D said incredulously. Chiron gave Mr. D a dirty look. Percy for his part just looked at Mr. D with an expressionless stare that was a little creepy.

"No of course you can't." Chiron said.

"Well, its certainly better than the alternative." Mr. D said.

"What alternative?" Percy asked.

"A quest my boy. Olympus is ready for war." Chiron said.

"Why?" Percy asked.

"Percy, after world war two Zeus, Poseidon and Hades took an oath to not have anymore demigod children. Children of the big three are very powerful and they were the main reason for the war. Zeus was the first to break the oath by having a daughter she was killed on her way to camp. Zeus believes that Hades was the one who had her killed. Now your father had broken the oath and at the same time Zeus's master bolt the most powerful weapon ever made went missing. At first he blamed your father and he assumed that you stole it because other gods cannot steal each others weapons it is against the ancient laws." Chiron said. What does he mean at first?

"You said at first, he doesn't think I stole it now?" Percy asked, he sounded oddly sad at the moment.

"No my child you see your father's trident has been stolen as well." Chiron said. The trident is gone too.

"Zeus and Poseidon now believe Hades stole their weapons." Chiron said. How could Hades steal them?

"How could that happen? I thought you said that only a demigod could have gotten to them. Unless Hades has a demigod child too." Percy said, well thats using his kelp filled head.

"We know of no such child." Mr. D added.

"How could he have taken them?" Percy asked.

"No one is sure, but he could have a demigod on his side and considering someone inside camp summoned the hellhound that tried to kill you it is now quite plausible that we have a traitor within our midst." Chiron said. As usual Chiron was correct it was the most logical conclusion.

"You mentioned a quest." Percy said. Now my interest was peaked.

"Yes, my child you can ask the oracle for a prophecy and then go on quest to return the two weapons. Mr. D is correct a quest will be incredibly dangerous and at your age even more so. At twelve years old you will be the youngest camper to lead a quest in many centuries." Chiron said. I thought Percy might back out with this revelation, but he surprised me again.

"I'll do it." Percy blurted. Chiron and Mr. D both looked at him strangely.

"You're sure?" Chiron asked.

"My father is counting on me, I can't let him down." Percy said. I sighed inwardly he was doing this for Poseidon. I guess it made sense he thought he was an orphan until today, but there's still something strange about Percy Jackson.

"Where is the oracle?" Percy asked. A shiver went up my spine at the thought of the oracle. That mummy like creature that I had seen only a glimpse of once, but I had heard the stories from Luke and others. She was very creepy.

"She's in the attic my child. I will lead you." Chiron said as he stood up and motioned for Percy to follow him. I left the kitchen as well and followed them to the staircase. They walked to the top until they reached a small staircase that was off to the right of the main one. "Take these stairs and they will lead you to the oracle. She can be very strange and some would say scary, so prepare yourself." Percy nodded and then began his ascent to the attic. I prayed to my mother that he would get a prophecy and that I would go with him.

Percy's POV

I followed Chiron up the stairs of the big house. The staircase was large and circular. The stairs were made of a dark wood and I could hear them crack and squeak as I walked up them. We reached the top of the stair case and Chiron motioned towards a smaller set of stairs off to the right of the main staircase.

"Take these stairs and they will lead you to the oracle. She can be very strange and some would say scary, so prepare yourself." Chiron said. Scary and strange, huh, well considering the things I have seen in underworld I doubted she was that scary. I walked up the staircase once at the top I reach an old wooden door that looked weathered and beaten. Instead of a door knob the door had a wrought iron latch. I unlatched the door and walked in slowly. The attic had large sets of shelves on the walls and large trunks on the floor. On the shelves were old weapons, trophies and other strange artifacts. Some of the artifacts looked ancient as if they stepped right out of ancient Greece.

I looked around trying to find the oracle until I spouted a thin almost bony figure sitting on a large wooden trunk by the large circular window that looked out over the camp. I walked closer to the figure and I could smell the scent of decay and death, it was a smell that I was quite familiar with. The oracle wasn't alive in the sense of the word, if I had to guess she was under a spell of some sort. I walked within five feet of the oracle and stopped.

"Oracle, I need a prophecy." I said carefully. The bony almost mummified creature turned and then I saw her face. Where her eyes should have been were empty sockets, her cheeks and chin were sunk in as if there was no muscle or anything underneath. Her mouth opened and I could see rotting and decaying teeth. She smelled like death and more particularly like the River Styx. She stared at me or whatever you call it when something looks at you without eyes. "How do I find and return the weapons of the big three?" I asked. At first I didn't think she could hear me because she didn't have ears, but then something began to happen. Green smoke began to fill the attic and I could feel the temperature in the room drop by at least ten degrees. The oracles eye sockets began to glow green and then her mouth opened. She began to speak in the most inhuman way. Her voice was gravelly like a mix of a growl and a whisper. Her voice sounded like three people whispering at once.

You shall go west to the gambling flower, and free the children time forgot,

You race to the underworld, so don't get caught,

To face the gods who have turned,

You shall find what was stolen, and see them safely returned,

You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend,

And you shall reveal the rising of evil, in the end.

The oracle sat back down on the trunk and again turned toward the window like nothing happened. I memorized the prophecy and walked out of the attic. I had my quest and it certainly was a good one. I walked back down the stairs, Chiron wasn't there so I assumed he was back in the kitchen waiting for me. As I walked down the stairs I had the strange feeling I was being watched, then I realized it had to be Annabeth. I think its time to play a little trick on the daughter of Athena, payback is Tartarus I know. I reached the kitchen and sat down at the table. I told Chiron and Mr. D about the prophecy. Mr. D even looked interested for once, but Chiron just looked worried.

"You may take two others on your quest." Chiron said. Grover was still sitting at the table, he looked at me expectantly.

"I'll take Grover." I said. Grover paled for a moment and then a smile formed on his face as he remembered my promise.

"Who else?" Chiron asked.

"I know who I don't want." I said fiendishly. Chiron and Grover looked at me curiously. Mr. D just yawned and went back to his magazine.

"Whose that?" Chiron asked.

"Annabeth Chase" I said. Once I said that I heard a gasp and then Annabeth appeared next to Grover. Her face was red and she gave me the death glare.

"You dirty little ..." She said, but I cut her off as I laughed hysterically. Annabeth finally realized she had been tricked. "You tricked me." I gave her an innocent look, but Grover started laughing loudly as well, which was strange considering he had a tendency to bleat like a goat. After I finished laughing I became very serious. Chiron looked at me expectantly.

"Chiron, I'll take Annabeth, thats if she wants to go." I said. The anger in Annabeth's face faded and then a smile stretched across her face.

"I accept." Annabeth said. I gave her a hopeful smile, she returned it reluctantly.

"Good, I will prepare for your travels. Grover and Annabeth please take Percy to his new cabin to settle in." Chiron said. We all nodded in agreement and walked toward cabin eleven so I could get my belongings. We reached the Hermes cabin and walked in to see Travis and Connor talking. They stopped immediately when they saw us.

"Percy, congratulations on getting claimed. The son of Poseidon, wow, if you ever see your dad please tell him if he ever needs any help he can count on the Stoll brothers." Connor said as Travis smiled next him.

"What kind of help?" I asked.

"If he ever needs to get back at old owl head, we'll be happy to help." Travis said. Annabeth's eyes narrowed and I swear her gray eyes almost glowed with anger. Travis and Connor both froze in fear. "Never mind." They ran out of the cabin almost running into the door in their haste.

"Don't mind them." Luke said as he walked out of his room. I saw Annabeth's cheeks turn red when Luke smiled at her. "So your dad is Poseidon, well he must have really liked your mom because he's pretty picky with whom he has children, unlike my grandfather."

"I've got a quest, Grover and Annabeth are going with me." I said trying to sound apprehensive instead of excited. Luke looked at me sympathetically.

"Well, quests don't always work out so be careful. Here I've got something that might come in handy." Luke said as he pulled out a wooden shoe box. He slid open the lid and a pair of athletic shoes floated out of the box. The shoes had a pair of wings; one on each side of the heel. We all looked at them in awe. "These are my dads, actually he has many pairs so he won't miss them." Luke put the shoes back in the box and closed the lid as he handed them to me. I took the box gratefully.

"Thanks Luke, I'll make sure to bring them back safely." I said. Luke gave me a quick smile, then he said his goodbyes and walked back into his room. I grabbed the minotaur horn and the few belongings that I had. Annabeth, Grover and I walked out of cabin eleven toward cabin three. As we approached the cabin Annabeth stopped and turned toward me.

"How did you know I was there?" Annabeth asked.

"I saw you take off your cap during capture the flag and I know how important a quest is to you, so when I had the strange sense that someone was watching me I just assumed it was you." I said trying to sound unsure about my senses. Annabeth gave me a skeptical look.

"You didn't have to be so mean." Annabeth said, I guess she was talking about not wanting to take her.

"Hey well you tricked me during capture the flag so we're even now, plus I really do want you to go I couldn't think of any one smarter." I said, I blushed a little when I said how smart she was. Annabeth gave me a surprised look and I almost saw a little red color on her cheeks, but I must have imagined that.

"If I didn't know better I almost thought you complimented me." Annabeth said with a smirk.

"Don't flatter yourself wise girl." I said. Wise girl what kind of nickname is that? Annabeth's eyebrows raised and she gave me a mischievous smile.

"Thats the best you could do seaweed brain." Annabeth quipped. Seaweed brain, huh, I could have said owl head, bird brain or something more humorous.

"It just seemed appropriate." I said defensively. I turned away from her and looked at my new cabin. The cabin was a bluish gray in color and was low lying as if part of it was built into the ground. The walls looked almost like a mix of coral and sandstone. I opened the door to the cabin and to reveal pale blue walls with sea shells imbedded within the stone. There were three beds in the room that were neatly made. I walked to the back of the cabin and saw three large bay windows that looked out over the lake. The cabin was cool and smelled like the sea. I saw both Grover and Annabeth smile at the simple design and the scent of the cabin.

"This cabin is so cool." Annabeth said. I just smiled at her enthusiasm. "Percy we'll see you tomorrow morning we need to pack." Annabeth walked out of the cabin after taking one last look at me leaving Grover and I in my cabin.

"Perce, I just want to thank you for letting me come along and I promise I will do my best not screw up." Grover said. I walked over and put a hand on his shoulder.

"You'll do fine, your my best friend besides I'm relying on you to keep Annabeth and I from killing each other." I said with a smile. Grover chuckled loudly.

"I don't think that will be a problem." Grover said as he gave me a knowing glance as he walked out of my cabin. I put my belongings away and hung the minotaur horn on my bedpost. I opened a cabinet and found a duffel bag. I filled it with the limited clothes and supplies I could find. When I was done I laid down on my bed and immediately went to sleep.

My dream began as I walked into a bright room I could hear the sounds of laughing and wheels turning. I heard many people talking as I went through a room that looked like what I pictured a casino to be like. I walked on to see a large room filled with games. I walked over to a large video game that was some type of car racing game and I heard two kids laughing and playing. I looked around the game to see two kids a boy and a girl that looked like twins. They were about ten years of age and they both had dark black hair. I looked closely and they had dark brown eyes. They looked like they were having a great time, then the scene stopped and I heard a voice say, "Save my children son." I knew that voice it was Uncle Hades, these kids were his.

The dream changed again and I was in a large cavern. The cavern felt very hot and I could hear the screams of people being tortured. I knew this place it is was Tartarus. I walked on as I heard a voice whisper to me to follow it. I continued through the cavern until I entered a dark and gloomy tunnel. The voice continued to whisper so I followed the sound until I cam to a large opening in the ground. I walked to the edge of the opening and looked down. It was a large pit that seemed to go on forever. I could see a faint red glow at the bottom of the pit. Suddenly the whispering turned into a loud and evil sounding voice that said, "Bring me the weapons boy." I suddenly lost my footing as I looked into the pit I fell forward and down the pit. I screamed as I fell down and down into the pit. The sound of loud and insane laughter reverberating off the walls of the pit before I hit the ground I awoke with a jump. I was sitting in my bed and I was covered in sweat. I sat up and looked out the window, it was morning. I shook away the dread and fear from the nightmare. I stood up and prepared myself for the quest, trying not to dwell on my nightmare vision.

Chapter 9: Trains, Flames and Laestrygonians

Camp Half-blood

Annabeth's POV

It was finally morning I was so excited that I was up an hour before any of my siblings. I got dressed and ran to the mess hall for an early breakfast. I saw that Grover was already up drinking coffee with Chiron at the counselor's table. Mr. D wasn't there yet, it was way to early for Mr. wine god. As I was finishing breakfast I saw Percy stumble in he looked terrible he had bags under his eyes and he looked like the walking dead. He grabbed some food and made his offering before walking to the Poseidon table. He sat down and began to eat his breakfast slowly. I walked over to the counselor's table to talk with Chiron and Grover.

"Chiron, so by the prophecy it seems that we are going to Las Vegas and then on to Los Angeles?" I asked already knowing the answer as I sat down next to Grover.

"That seems logical the gambling flower is most likely the Lotus Casino in Las Vegas and the entrance to the underworld is still in the music studio in Los Angeles. I have prepared three train tickets for all of you plus a thousand dollars in cash and a bag of drachmas." Chiron said as he handed Grover the cash and the bag of drachmas to me. Chiron was about to say something else when Percy sat at the table across from Grover and me. Percy looked a little better, but his eyes were still bloodshot and he looked lost in thought.

"Hey, Perce you look terrible." Grover said, repeating exactly what I was thinking. Percy looked at Grover and forced a smile.

"I didn't sleep much last night." Percy said.

"Bad dreams child?" Chiron asked.

"Yes, I don't remember them much, but they were bad." Percy said, but I wasn't sure if he was telling the whole truth.

"Are you ready to go hero?" I asked sarcastically. Percy gave me a slight smirk and I was disappointed that my comment didn't get a bigger rise out of him. "Are .. you .. ready .. seaweed .. brain?" I said more slowly this time. Percy just rolled his eyes.

"As ready as I'll ever be wise girl." Percy said, there he goes with that stupid comeback, his head really is full of kelp. The three of us stood up to leave when Chiron cleared his throat.

"Percy, I have something to give you its from your father." Chiron said. Percy looked surprised by the comment.

"From my dad?" Percy questioned in his slow on the uptake way.

"Yes, here it is." Chiron handed Percy a pen that looked like it was made from celestial bronze it had a black metal cap on the top of it.

"This is a pen. Does he want me to write him a letter?" Percy asked. Chiron chuckled softly to himself.

"No my child hold the pen up in your grip and hold out your arm. Now take off the cap." Chiron said. Percy took off the cap the pen turned into a three foot long double bladed celestial bronze sword. There was writing on the handle, I grabbed Percy's hand and looked at the writing.

"Anaklusmos" I said. Percy looked at me curiously. "It means riptide, you dope." Percy gave me an evil glare and I just smiled at him mischievously.

"Come on you two we need to go." Grover said as he stood up and started for the door. Percy capped Riptide and we followed behind Grover.

"May the gods go with you heroes." Chiron said before we slipped out the door earning well wishes from the few campers that were in the mess hall. We walked to Thalia's tree at the top of Half Blood Hill and waited for the sound of the horn from the camp van. Argus would be taking us to the train station. A few minutes went by until we heard the van's horn sound. The three of us rushed down the hill and outside the border of camp until we reached the van. I grabbed the shotgun seat next to Argus while Percy and Grover sat in the back. Argus grinned at all of us, which is weird. You see his body was covered with eyes that seemed to stare at you and multiple other directions all at once. It takes a little time to get use to it and I could tell that Percy was staring probably too much, but Argus didn't seem to mind. Argus left the strawberry farm and drove towards the city.

After only ten minutes I heard snoring from the back seat I turned to see Grover snoring loudly and murmuring in his sleep about enchiladas. Percy on the other had was snoring softly with just a little drool on the corner of his mouth. I took the time to really look at this strange boy. He had the wild jet black hair that always seemed to want to cover his eyes. I was tall for my age and I guessed that Percy was only an inch shorter than me. Most twelve year old boys were short and scrawny, but I could tell that Percy was in great shape, I still couldn't get over how clumsy he was sometimes. I looked at his face and I guess you could say he was handsome in an innocent sort of way. His eyes were closed and in my opinion they were his best feature. I couldn't see them now, but they were a beautiful green, I mentally slapped myself thinking about Percy this way. I reminded myself that he was a stupid, sarcastic, smart ass and that we seemed to really get on each others nerves. I turned back around in time to see us cross the bridge into Manhattan. After another twenty minutes we reached the train station.

I woke Grover and Percy while Argus found a place to drop us off. Argus handed each of us a train ticket as we exited the van. We said our goodbyes as Argus nodded never saying a word. The three of us walked into the train station to begin our journey. We approached the line and handed over our train tickets to the conductor.

"Tell me again, why are we taking a train instead of a plane?" Percy asked. I forget sometimes that he's an idiot.

"Your father is the sea god and Zeus is the god of the sky, they don't get along so it would be unwise to send one of their children into the other one's domain." I said incredulously. Percy just raised his hands and apologized, maybe I was a little too hard on him. We eventually boarded the train and found our compartment. I unlocked the door and we walked in. The room was trimmed in a dark wood finish, four beds hung from the wall in bunk bed style. There was a table by the window at the back of the room with two benches on either side. There was a small sofa with a flat screen television that hung on the wall across from it. There was another door next to the entrance that was labeled lavatory. We all walked in and put our bags in the small closest that was opposite the lavatory or bathroom. I opened the door to the bathroom to reveal a small room with a toilet, stainless steel sink and a shower. It was small, but functional.

I walked back in to the main room to see Grover and Percy sitting at the table near the window. I walked over and sat down at the table across from them. The train started to move and the window was filled with light as we exited the station.

"Why do you think we're going to Vegas if Hades has the weapons?" Grover asked.

"Maybe Hades is innocent." Percy said. Grover looked at Percy strangely and I glared at him.

"Seaweed brain these thefts have Hades name written all over them. He hates his brothers and he would stop at nothing to hurt them." I said angrily. Hades is a murderer he doesn't deserve our pity, I thought.

"You sound like you have a personal vendetta against him." Percy accused. That stupid kelp head, he doesn't know a damn thing about Hades.

"You sound like you're defending him." I retorted. Thalia died because of that bastard.

"I'm not defending I'm just trying to answer Grover's question." Percy stated as he raised his hands in surrender. I looked at him for a moment and I felt a pang of guilt for yelling at him.

"I'm sorry, but a friend of mine died because of Hades." I said as Grover looked at me sadly. Percy was going to question me, but I saw him shake his head as he reconsidered.

"What about the Lotus Casino, do we know anything about it?" Percy asked. None of us knew anything about it. We continued to talk about the prophecy and our trip. Several hours went by then we ate lunch in the dining car. We went back into our room and talked some more about the quest. I noticed that the sun was getting lower in the sky as dinner time approached.

"Any idea where we are now?" Percy asked. Grover was taking a nap. Percy and I were watching some television.

"I think we're probably somewhere in Pennsylvania." I said. I walked over and nudged Grover awake.

"Enchiladas" Grover yelled as he sat up quickly in his bunk. Percy and I began to laugh at the food crazed satyr.

"Since you're so hungry goat boy lets go to dinner." I said with a smirk. Percy helped Grover down from the top bunk. I was already out the door.

"Come on G-man." I heard Percy say as he dragged Grover out of our cabin. We walked into the dining car it was about seven in evening and it was still light out, but the sun was getting lower in the sky. The train was still zipping past farms and farm houses as we looked out the window. We ordered our food and waited for it to arrive.

"How safe do you think we are on this train?" Grover asked as he ate his napkin. I grabbed it from his mouth.

"Grover, we're in public you know M-O-R-T-A-L-S." I said emphasizing each letter.

"Sorry, but do you think its safe here?" Grover asked again. I was about to answer him when the train suddenly started to screech, anyone who was standing was suddenly knocked to the floor. Glasses and plates slid across table and crashed into the floor. The train began to shake violently until a tremendous collision shook the train again until the dining car flipped over on its side. Percy, Grover and I were sent flying into the other wall of the car. I felt a sudden pain on the top of my head. I reached up with my hand felt a sticky substance. I knew it had to be blood. My head was ringing with the pain. I saw the car's red emergency lights come on, but before I could do anything suddenly the other side of the car was ripped apart and a large hand came into the car and started to grab people. I heard screaming and yelling. I saw Percy stand up and jump out of the car or I thought it was Percy at that moment the room began to spin then everything went black.

Percy's POV

I saw the large hand descend into the car and grab a poor old women, she was screaming and thrashing around in the hand of the giant. I immediately jumped up and bolted out of the dining car. I looked around until I saw three large giants. One was eating the poor women that he had just grabbed from the dining car. I uncapped Riptide and ran forward anger and hatred fueling my speed and strength. One giant tried to step on me, but I rolled along the ground out of the way. I stood up and a large fireball about the size of a beach ball flew straight toward me. I stood my ground and concentrated willing the power of Hades within me. My eyes turned as black as coal as I caught the fire ball in my hands. The giant who had thrown the ball looked at me in wonder.

"How did you do that?" Giant number one said. As I held the fireball in my hand and used my powers to change the fire until it was a bright red flame just like those in the underworld. I threw the fireball back at the giant and he stood his ground not knowing the peril he was in. The fireball struck the giant in the chest immediately igniting his clothes and skin. The fires of the underworld engulfed the giant and his screams echoed threw the valley before he disappeared into golden dust.

The other two giants stopped their attacks on the mortals and charged after me. Giant number two tried to step on me, but I disappeared into a shadow. I reappeared behind him. I concentrated again and my eye color changed to electric blue. I focused on the sky, large thunder clouds formed overhead. I concentrated on the clouds, but I didn't notice the third giant running toward me until he kicked me. I flew threw the air until I hit a large pine tree. I slid down the tree breaking the limbs as I crashed threw the tree towards the ground. I willed the wind to carry me slowing my decent. I landed on the ground lightly with only minor cuts and bruises. I concentrated on the storm clouds still forming overheard. The second giant ran towards me, but before he could reach me a massive bolt of lighting arched from the anvil shaped storm cloud and struck the giant in the chest instantly vaporizing him.

I was starting to get tired now. The last giant ran forward and tried to kick me again. I sidestepped his kick sending him flying into the air until he landed hard on the ground. The ground shook violently with the collision. I concentrated again until my eyes changed to a beautiful fluorescent green color. My eyes pulsed with chlorophyl. The giant began to sit up, but I focused on the forest floor as vines and trees began to grow over the giant's body until he was engulfed in the foliage. I ran up the monster's body until I stood over his throat. I extended Riptide again and drove the blade deep into the throat of the monster. The creature's eyes grew wide with shock and then his body disappeared into golden dust.

I ran over to the dining car, I noticed several people crawling out of the wreckage, but I didn't see Annabeth or Grover. I walked back into the wrecked dining car to search for them. I found them lying on the back wall of the car unconscious. I threw Grover over my left shoulder and Annabeth over my right. Neither one of them were very heavy, but I could feel my strength starting to wain from the exertion of my powers. I slowly made my way out of the dining car until I reached the edge of the forest.

I looked around to see many people moving and helping others out of the train wreckage. Suddenly a large explosion engulfed the train engine. Flames started to move slowly toward the passenger cars. I concentrated the remaining power that was within me until my eyes changed back to their normal sea green color. I concentrated on the moisture in the sky until a large lake of water floated above the fire. I was becoming exhausted I fell to my knees keeping my hands above my head. I positioned the floating lake over the fire and dropped my hands. The water smothered the fire and drenched the burning train engine. I fell forward onto my hands and knees as my vision blurred. The last thing I saw were flashing lights as the darkness engulfed me.
over a year ago MisterPerfect1 said…
Good and Long!

Thanks for posting! :D