The Heroes of Olympus The Wanderer

rickjackson posted on Nov 21, 2011 at 11:57PM
This is gonna be a forum on Nico, and how he lives when he is not at CHB. Here is the prologue.

Prologue

As the celebration in CHB dies down, Nico feels more and more left out. Sure, he's glad that Percy is finally getting the positive attention he deserves, and that less people seemed to hate him (exactly 7, Clarisse, the Dionysus kid, Will Solace, Malcolm, the Stolls, and Grover). Soon, Nico is completely overshadowed by Percy. Nico feels that it would be best if he left camp, but Percy tries to discourage him. When summer ends and Percy leaves, Nico leaves as well, escaping from the pressing troubles of CHB.

Suggestions and give comments!!
last edited on Nov 22, 2011 at 12:00AM

The Heroes of Olympus 39 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago darkrai6543 said…
big smile
ha im first comment and view!
over a year ago rickjackson said…
Wow, that was fast
over a year ago universalpowa said…
laugh
kewlio!
Thx, i'm working on a chapter right now.
over a year ago universalpowa said…
laugh
post it sounds interesting... does percy leave with annabeth? (sory i had to ask :p) XD
this is about nico!!! if you want to now bout stuff like that, check out my other forum, at link
Chapter 1

Nico POV

I was used to wandering around the country. I felt like I had already done it enough, but unfortunately, it had to be done. As I packed my bags, I said good-bye to his lonely cabin, and then set out into the dark night. When I passed over the magical border, I gave one last look at the camp, than shadow traveled away. As I appeared in the lobby near San Francisco Bay, I thought to myself, Yes! That’s the fourth time were I got to my meant stop! I decided to wander around, glad to be away from CHB. Soon, he made his way to the San Francisco Bay, and decided to stop there, because of ‘Frisco’s bad reputation to demigods. As he settled down for the night (‘Cause of the time difference), he heard a rustle in the bushes. As he turned around, pulling his Stygian iron sword out, he was tackled by Mrs. O ‘Leary. As he struggled to escape her grip, he asked her, “What you doin’ here?” She replied with a hearty Woof! , as usual. Suddenly, her ears perked up, and she gave an agitated growl.
I stood up, ready to face some monsters. Instead, a bunch of demigods came through the bushes, but not like the Greeks. For one, they had tall tower shields, and came marching forward together. They carried seven-foot harpoons in their hands, and advanced toward Mrs. O ‘Leary. Knowing what they planned to do, I stupidly fumbled with my sword, trying to fend Mrs. O ‘Leary. Then I realized they would think I was against them. As they raised their spears, I turned around, and slashed at Mrs. O’Leary. They lowered their spears, and watched as I “fought” the huge hellhound. As I slashed and hacked, Mrs. O’Leary seemed to get the message and shadow traveled away. After that, the demigods rushed forward and handed me some ambrosia. I shrugged it away, saying “I’m not hurt”. They looked at me like I was crazy. I wondered why, until I realized that I should be a newbie, not understanding about that kind of stuff yet. They brought me to a highway. I wondered what we were doing, until I saw two kids guarding a maintenance tunnel. I summoned a skeleton in the tunnel, and saw what it saw. There was a river, then a large fort. Past that, I saw a city, with people walking around. I let the skeleton collapse back into the ground, than started crossing the street.
We rushed over the highway, cars came hurtling at us at high speed. I leaped over a convertible and rolled my way to the maintenance tunnel. Our pace slowed as we came closer and closer to the end of the tunnel. Soon, we entered into the fresh air, and come across a river. I was too lazy to cross the river, and tried to shadow travel across the river. I was blocked and was thrown back. The others laughed, than crossed over a bridge. As I tried to step on it though, I t disappeared, and I fell into the river. I trudged across, afraid of being swept away by the river. Once I reach the other side, I fall, exhausted from trying to shadow travel and crossing the river. I let m head fall, then sink into the depths of unconsciousness.
_________________________________________­_
give suggestions and comment!!!!
over a year ago ilovepenguins97 said…
Aw! Poor nico! This is great! This was the first one right?
over a year ago pink-bookworm said…
Cool
over a year ago parras2 said…
smile
cool post soon
over a year ago swimmergirl7 said…
cool
Post soon!
over a year ago energykid400 said…
smile
Nice story and chapter! I hope we get Percy in it too.
over a year ago gumbee said…
smile
Cool post soon:D
Post soon!!
Dedicated to swimmergirl and universalpowa for posting the most: twice.

Chapter 2

Nico POV

I woke up in an infirmary. I looked around, thinking of all the renovations done in here, until I remembered about the other demigods. I saw a girl in a purple cape in the corner, asleep. I was about to get up and leave, when she took out her dagger and casually pointed it at me, pushing me back to the wall. “Where did you come from?” she asked, her dagger still pointed at me.
I managed to say something intelligible, like “Ummm....” She pushed her dagger into my chest, making me nervous. I said, “Look, I have no idea what’s happening here! If you could just put that dagger away, then maybe I could answer your question!” She was obviously not backing down, so I just took out my sword and threw her dagger across the room. She stared at me, a dangerous fire in her eyes, and then went to retrieve her dagger. She picked it up and turned to me, some of her previous confidence gone.
“So,” she said, looking at me cautiously, “Where did you come from?”
I almost said Camp Half-Blood, but something told me this group wouldn’t really appreciate that. Instead, I said “I wander around the country by myself, helping out my godly parent.”
“Who would that be?” she asked.
“Who’s yours?” I ask, not willing to give away that information.
“Mine is Bellona,” she said, “Goddess of war.”
“Isn’t Ares god of war though?” I asked, not even knowing who Bellona is.
“Well, first of all, it’s Mars, because the gods changed from Greek to Roman, and Mars is really Mars Ultor, Mars the Avenger.” she responded. I looked at the girl, finally realizing the trouble I was in. The Greeks and the Romans have always hated each other. Even in my (really) old school, I seemed to hold a grudge on Roman kids, and vice versa. I wanted to shadow travel out of here, but I thought about what had happened at the river. I was forced to listen to her drone on and on about the rules, while actually pretending to listen. Near the end, the girl, whose name was Reyna, asked a question most people ask first: Their name, and their purpose. Her exact words? “By the way, who are you and why are you here?” I stared at her, a near stranger, asking for my name.
“I’m-I’m- I’m Nico and was coming back from a job for my dad.”
“Who is your dad?” She asked again, the nosy person she is.
“Its Ha- I mean Pluto,” I say, remembering Hades’ Roman form just in time.
She fliches, like I just said something really bad or something. I sighed inwardly, recognizing the segregation of being a child of Hades. I listened as Reyna directed me to a girl walking past and ordered her to bring me to Octavian. She flinched at the mention of Octavian, but I wasn’t paying attention. She was seriously hot. With her blonde hair, green eyes, that tan skin, and not to mention the 5 inches she had on me (grr…. Girls are always taller around middle school. BTW, Nico is 13). As she led me to the hill, she said that her name was Alexi, and was my age, too. I cursed myself for this, but I could tell that I had fallen for her. The only good thing was, she seemed to be hiding feelings for me, too. Soon, too soon, we made it to the top of the hill, and said an awkward good-bye. I then turned to face, the dreaded Octavian.
_________________________________________­___­___­___
BTW, do you guys want an Alexi POV?
last edited over a year ago
anybody there?
over a year ago _Aphrodite_ said…
:) yes sir
over a year ago Hermione-Fan361 said…
big smile
I LUV this forum. Amazing work, rickjackson. I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
This is sooooooooo cool!! Post again soon!
over a year ago darkrai6543 said…
smile
cool so this explains how nico found the romans!
cool
Yeah it does...
over a year ago Kaia143 said…
Yes, yes, yes!!! Please do a chapture like that!! I wonder if Alexi likes Nico?!
Post soon!
big smile
AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME!!! Pls pls pls post soon! Damn nico falls for ppl fast! This is a really great forum Adrian!!!
And u should do an alexi pov
Chapter 3

Alexi POV

I walked that kid Nico up the hill, and instantly thought we were going to be good friends. He seemed like… like he came from a dark cave, or… the underworld, even. I know first-hand, because of my mom, Nyx. She lives in the underworld, and is the goddess of night. Everybody thinks that this just makes me another camper, except that I get stronger at night, and that I’m nobody, just like at my old school. The thing is, I have abilities, too. I can do something with the shadows, and make them solid. I can also turn into a shadow, unseen, and snoop around, playing pranks. My best ability is to make the shadows into weapons, like throwing knives or swords. I haven’t shown these abilities to anyone though, because they would probably just tell everyone else, and make it not so secretive anymore. Nico though… He seemed like me, mysterious, secretive, and into your own business. I walked down the hill, worried what Octavian would read in the auguries. Octavian wasn’t really the kindest person on camp. He once used my embarrassing hobby of spying on Reyna to get me to steal something for him. Suddenly, he appeared in front of me, startling me. Nico, not Octavian. I stumbled, and fell onto the hard rock. I cursed myself for looking so stupid, then slowly got back to my feet. Nico helped me up, and there was an awkward silence. Just to bread it, I asked, “Sooooo…. What did Octavian say?”
He replied, “He says that I may join, but-“
I cut him off saying, “Ooohhh… It just burns me up when Octavian blackmails anyone, and that reminds of the time when he did….” I went on and on, talking about the time when Octavian blackmailed me. I was halfway through the story when I realized that Nico was trying to tell me something.
I stopped long enough to hear him blurt out, “I was saying that I might not be here for long, because I need to help Pluto.” I stopped, my mouth open in the air, staring at what could have been potentially my only friend.
“But WHY!?!?!?” I yell, than slap my hand over my mouth, afraid Octavian would hear. Apparently, Nico was thinking the same thing, because he disappeared. I senesed him doing something similar to my shadow thing, and caught him, disappeared, than followed him to wherever he was going.
Once we were a safe distance away, he asked, “How in Hades did you catch me!?!?!” I stare at him, and his face turns embarrassed, than he becomes angry. But it looks like he’s angry with himself more, than regains his compsure. He turns to me again and asks, “How did you do that?”
I respond, “Well, my mom is Nyx, goddess of night, so I can manipulate shadows. How do you do that?” I ask.
“Well…” he said, looking uncomfortable, “My dad is Pluto, god of the Underworld.” He cringed, looking like he was expecting insults, but instead, I got more interested.
“Have you been to the underworld? Have you seen Pluto? What are your powers? How-“ I was about to ask more questions, but the horn sounded, signaling evening muster.
_________________________________________­__
sorry its short.
over a year ago Percabethteam said…
big smile
And this is how Nico found out about Camp Jupiter!!!
This is great!
over a year ago AceJackson said…
laugh
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!
Post! Soon!
over a year ago parras2 said…
hmmm
hey man when you guna post?
angry
Post soon!! Plz
laugh
YAY NICO!!! he was all like "wat the Hades-" but i gotta say wat the hades sounds WAAAAAYY better than wat the pluto. that just sounds weird. i like hades better than pluto. WHO'S WITH ME?!?! :D
I'm with u!!
laugh
YAAAAAYYY!
over a year ago this-is-me said…
big smile
with ya!
SEE!! GREEK GODS R BETTER THEN ROMAN ONES!!!!!!!! THEY SOUND BETTER AND ROMAN GODS R TO STRICT!!! ROMAN GODS R WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TO STRICT.
over a year ago oceanlover123 said…
smile
i so 'gree swimmergirl7
over a year ago lcrs50 said…
laugh
Well, this is prity interesting.

Post soon!!!!!!