The Heroes of Olympus THE TITAN'S CURSE

thalia_1234 posted on May 17, 2012 at 12:31PM
Chapter 1
Jason

IT was exactly 3 months since we started building the Argo II and I was wondering what Percy Jackson had done after visiting the sea of monsters. That’s all we could get out of Annabeth. She had said that after he retrieved Zeus’s master bolt and Hades helm of darkness he went to the sea of monsters .Jason really wanted to know what other stuff Percy Jackson did.
“Hey Jason,” said Piper getting him back to reality. ”Hey Piper.” Jason said.
“Can you held Leo with the mast, it really is heavy and we’ve got the other Hephaestus kids helping out.” She said. “Sure Piper.”
Just then a book fell on Leo’s head. “OW” Leo yelled. Annabeth went to check it what the book was about. “Oh my god.” She said. “Hey Annabeth what’s wrong?” Piper asked. Just then Jason saw the tital of the book. It said ‘PERCY JACKSON AND THE TITAN’S CURSE.’ “Oh” said Jason. “We should read the book.” Said Annabeth. “OK, but I wanna read the first chapter” said Leo. “Sure Leo” said Annabeth.

30 minutes later.

“Lets start” said Piper. “M-“ Started Leo. “wait” said a voice.”Thalia ?” said Annabeth. ”Yeah” said Thalia. She hugged me and Annabeth, said hi to Piper and just scowled at Leo. After they told Thalia what happened, just nodded.“Start” said Annabeth.
“M-“ Started Leo. “wait” said a voice. ”Nico?” said Thalia. ”Yeah” said Nico. Annabeth and Thalia hugged him. Jason was surprised to see that Thalia hugged the new boy. He looked kind of familiar, but didn’t know from where. He didn’t have all his memories back yet so he didn’t know much about the roman camp. “Hey, I’m Nico Di Angelo Son of Hades.” After all the introductions, Leo said “Is everybody done with everything, I wanna read the book it looks interesting.” “OK, Leo you can read now, you will have no interruptions.” said Piper. “Ok, “M-“Leo started again, then a green light appered. “Now can I read or not…its getting really annoying you no. this is the third time I’m getting interpreted !” complained Leo. “SHH..LETS SEE WHO THAT IS” yelled Annabeth. After the light died down, there was a boy with dark hair and sea green eyes. He was non other then the great Percy Jackson.
Annabeth gasped and ran to him. “Annabeth” said Percy Jackson. “Percy” said Annabeth. After there reunion, Thalia said “Hello Nico and I not invisible, you no that right.” “Hey guys”said Percy and went and hugged both of them. “I really missed camp.” He said. Finally he turned to Piper, Leo and me.He stuck out his hand and said “Hi, I’m percy Jackson son of Poseidon.”
After the introductions and got telling Percy about how they got the book and the book was about him, Leo started reading “My rescue operation goes very wrong.”
"Chapter 1" Leo began "My rescue operation goes very wrong"
"Oh no!" Nico groaned, this time is was Percy's turn to laugh.
"Is little Niccy going to be embarrassed at his younger self's antics?" Thalia chuckled.
"Im just glad I won't be the only one getting teased!" Non surprisingly Percy said.
“Wait Thalia you and Percy and Annabeth went to get Nico ?” Jason asked
“Yeah, Nico and his older sister.”said Percy
“Where is his older sister ?”
Percy and Thalia exachanged looks and then together they looked at Nico who was having a silent conversation with Annabeth. They all exchanged looks and some kind of understandin passed between them.
Then Thalia looked at me and said “She died, You’ll know how, it happens on this quest.”
“It was all my fault, it should have been me.” Said Percy with a very sad expertion.
“IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT.” said Nico ,Thalia and Annabeth together.
“Whatever you say I’ll never get over what I did.” Said Percy.
“Percy how many times should we go over this conversation, its not your fault.” Said Nico.
“Uh guys we don’t really no what your talking about so are we gonna read the book or not, cause if your not Jason, Piper and I will read it by our selves !” said Leo
"OK, Sorry" said Annabeth and turned and glared at Percy ‘Thalia and Nico cause they were still arguing. “Read Leo” said Annabeth.
CHAPTER 2

“My Rescue Operation Goes very Wrong” Read Leo
"The Friday before winter break, my mum packed me a overnight bag and a few deadly weapons,
“So where are you going Percy?” asked Piper.
“You’ll find out soon” was the only thing Percy said.
and took me to a new boarding school. We picked up my friends Annabeth and Thalia on the way.
“well looks like he’a not going alone.” Said Leo.
“Leo”
“Yeah Piper”
“Just read”
“fine”
It was an eight-hour drive from New York to Bar Harbor, Maine.
“You no Grover loves Maine” said Percy chuckling.
“Yep he just loves that place” said Annabeth.
"What are you talking about” whined Nico.
“Its not for wittle kids Niccy” said Thalia.
“wait you no about it?” Percy asked Thalia
“Yeah Grover told me the same thing when we were leaving for this quest.” Said Thalia.
“Uh can I read now or do you talk more?” asked Leo really annoyed.
“sorry Leo. Now read.” Said Annabeth.
Sleet and snow pounded the highway.
Annabeth, Thalia and I hadn't seen each other in months, but between the blizzard and the thought of what we were about to do, we were too nervous to talk much.
"Except for your mum!" Thalia laughed.
"Yeah I remember that. She spoke soo much.” said Percy and Annabeth nodded.
“You people talk a lot, how many inside jokes do you guys have?”asked Jason.
“To many to count little bro!” said Thalia
“OK now read” said Annabeth
Except for my mom. She talks morewhen she's nervous.
"Understatement." Percy muttered as Thalia and Annabath grinned.
By the time we finally got to Westover Hall, it was dark, and she'd told Annabeth and Thalia every embarrassing baby story there was to tell about me.
Everyone laughed, Thalia laughed the hardest seeing as she had heard the "embarrassing baby stories"
"My favourite one was-" She was cut off by Percy who glared at her and said
"DONT YOU DARE FINISH THAT SENTANCE THALIA GRACE!"
Thalia chuckled and replied with an evil glint in her eye
"Nah, thats valuable information, I might need it in later life"
Percy continued to glare at her but it was very intimidating and scarry. Jason was surprised that Thalia didn’t cower.
"Aww" Leo pouted "i wanted to hear the stories"
"JUST READ LEO." Thalia yelled.
Thalia wiped the fog off the car window and peered outside. "Oh, yeah. This'll be fun."
"Were you being sarcastic" Percy asked her.
"No, 100% serious, It was my first proper mission since being a tree."
"Oh" Percy replied "Fair enough"
Westover Hall looked like an evil knight's castle. It was all black stone, with towers and slit windows and a big set of wooden double doors. It stood on a snowy cliff overlooking this big frosty forest on one side and the gray churning ocean on the other.
At the sound of the ocean Percy perked up.
WOW thought Jason he must really like the ocean.
"Are you sure you don't want me to wait?" my mother asked.
"No thanks, Mom," I said. "I don't know how long it'll take. We'll be okay."
Percy sighed at that statement which caused everyone to look at him. Annabeth wont be ok he thought to himself, and by the look on Thalia's face, he could tell she was thinking the same thing.
“Percy again it was not your fault” said Annabeth leaning on his shoulder and Perecy wrapped an arm around her.
“It was if only I had wai- “
“Percy we have gone over this conversation as well, it was not your fault.” Said Thalia firmly.
“Yeah Thalia is right.” Said Nico.
“Uh guys can you do this later..?” asked Piper.
“Fine” muttered Percy
"But how will you get back? I'm worried, Percy."
I hoped I wasn't blushing.
"You were!" Thalia said. "I had to restrain myself to keep me from laughing"
Percy mock glared at her
It was bad enough I had to depend on my mom to drive me to my battles.
"It's okay, Ms. Jackson." Annabeth smiled reassuringly. Her blonde hair was tucked into a ski cap and her gray eyes were the same color as the ocean.
Annabeth blushed deeply and avoided Percy's eyes.
"Aww" Piper cooed while Annabeth and Percy were blushing.
"Eyes like the ocean" Thalia and Nico teased which caused them to be drenged in cold water. Jason could see them trembling .Percy just smirked. Thalia and Nico shot him death glares. “that’s it” said Thalia started to get up but Annabeth said “Leo read” shooting him a death glare and he started reading
"We'll keep him out of trouble."
My mom seemed to relax a little. She thinks Annabeth is the most level-headed demigod ever to hit eighth grade.
Annabeth beamed at no one in particular.
She's sure Annabeth often keeps me from getting killed. She's right, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
"You know you love it Perce!"
"SHUT UP NICO!" Percy said
He smirked and Annabeth continued to blush, ignoring the taunts from Nico and Thalia.
They must be really close thought Jason cause they were acting just like a family.
"All right, dears," my mom said. "Do you have everything you need?"
"Yes, Ms. Jackson," Thalia said. "Thanks for the ride."
"Extra sweaters? You have my cell phone number?"
Nico chuckled.
"Your mum's so sweet!" Piper cooed and Percy beamed.
"Mom-"
"Your ambrosia and nectar, Percy? And a golden drachma in case you need to contact camp?"
"Maybe a little to sweet" Nico said chuckling which caused him to be soaked in sea water again.
"Sheesh Perce, I was just joking!" Nico said "Look what you have done to my hair!" He said trying to sort it while everyone laughing.
"Mom, seriously! We'll be fine. Come on, guys."
"PERCY!" Piper, Thalia and Annabeth exclaimed.
"I regretted it ok! She was embarrassing me!" He said as if that explained it.
She looked a little hurt, and I was sorry about that,
"See!" Percy said defending himself.
but I was ready to be out of that car. If my mom told one more story about how cute I looked in the bathtub when I was three years old, I was going to burrow into the snow and freeze myself to death.
"She could of just slipped in one more story" Thalia sighed in mock disappointment. Percy stuck his tongue out at her.
Annabeth and Thalia followed me outside. The wind blew straight through my coat like ice daggers.
Once my mother's car was out of sight, Thalia said, "Your mom is so cool, Percy."
"Truer words have never been spoken" Nico explained. Everyone started at him.
"What? She really is cool!" Percy smiled at him.
“Yeah totally cool.” Said Annabeth.
This made jasn wonder how many times Thalia, Nico and Annabeth had met Percy’s mother.
"She's pretty okay," I admitted.
"What about you? You ever get in touch with your mom?"
"I didn't mean too!" Percy said "I’m sorry"
"Slipped out!" Thalia scoffed "I wanted to kill you when you said that!"
“So you did not like our mother” asked Jason.
“She was pretty Ok, but you no she died and I felt pretty bad” said Thalia.
Nico and Percy put a comforting arm on both her shoulder since she was in between them which made Jason pretty Jealous. He wanted to comfort his sister. Then he saw Thalia lean on Percy’s shoulder which made even more jealous.Before Jason could say anything comferting Leo started to read.
As soon as I said it, I wished I hadn't. Thalia was great at giving evil looks,
Thalia smiled smugly.
"Yes" She said confidently "Yes I am!"
Everyone chuckled at her antics.
"Isnt as good as mine!" Nico said.
"Its better!"
"Is not!"
"Is too!"
"Nu-uh!"
"Uh-Hu!"
"Nu-uh!"
"Uh-Hu!"
"SHUT UP!" Percy bellowed, every one was surprised he could make such a load noise. He just shrugged it off, Jason guessed dealed with their fights all the time and he had to make his voice heard. But even when they were arguing Thalia head was on Percy’s shoulder and Nico’s hand on Thalia’s lap. So they were really close thought Jason.
what with the punk clothes she always wears—
Everyone turned and starting analysing Thalia's clothes.
-the ripped-up army jacket, black leather pants and chain jewelry, the black eyeliner and those intense blue eyes.
"'Intense blue eyes' Are you trying to tell us something Percy?" Nico teased.
"Its not my fault im attracted to her!" Percy joked.
"Percy, We have been over this" Thalia started "Its Nico I like, not you."
“Percy please don’t break up with me” said Annabeth all serious.
No one was sure whether they were being serious or not but when all four of them burst out laughing they realized it was a joke.
It was getting really annoying. There inside jokes were good and Percy could make anybodt laugh. Even if Jason didn’t know what exactly they were talking about he felt like laughing aloug.
But the look she gave me now was a perfect evil "ten".
"Your far to generous Percy!"
"If that was any of your business, Percy-"
"We'd better get inside," Annabeth interrupted.
"You really did know when to change the subject didn't you" Percy said.
"Well after months of argueing I think she could sense a fight coming"
“I did, now there’a no stopping you two.” She said.
“Yeah I like wacthing there fights.”said Nico.
Thalia and Percy glared at him and he wisely shutted up.
"Grover will be waiting."
Thalia looked at the castle and shivered. "You're right. I wonder what he found here that made him send the distress call."
I stared at the dark towers of Westover Hall. "Nothing good," I guessed.
"No shit Sherlock!" Nico said.
"It was pretty accurate seeing as Nico was in the building" Thalia laughed.
"HEY!" Nico said.
And with that the four of them started laughing and it spread to Leo, Piper and Jason.
The oak doors groaned open, and the three of us stepped into the entry hall in a swirl of snow.
All I could say was, "Whoa."
"Thats all you ever say!" Thalia said.
"Its my favourite adjective" Percy pouted.
"Whoa isn't an adjective" Annabeth said.
"Yeah Percy!" Leo said "Even I know that!"
"Even you make fun of me!" Percy said .
The place was huge. The walls were lined with battle flags and weapon displays: antique rifles, battle axes, and a bunch of other stuff. I mean, I knew Westover was a military school and all, but the decorations seemed like overkill. Literally.
My hand went to my pocket, where I kept my lethal ballpoint pen, Riptide.
"Lethal ball point pen" Leo said laughing.
"What?" Percy said "Its lethal, and its a pen. Got a problem with that?" Percy said standing up, taking out riptide and pointing it in Travis's direction.
"No sir" Leo gulped and the demigods chuckled.
Percy capped riptide and sat down giving Nico a high five.
Percy was really scary thought Jason.
I could already sense something wrong in this place. Something dangerous. Thalia was rubbing her silver bracelet, her favorite magic item. I knew we were thinking the same thing. A fight was coming.
"You know me too well" Thalia said.
“Yeah we are really alike.” Said Percy
“What about me?” asked Nico pouting.
“You are more like a…….” said Percy looking at Thalia who was also thinking.
“Don’t be soo mean to the poor kid” said Annabeth.
“thanks Annabeth” said Nico smiling.
“We no he’s not u both. You both are really cool.” Said Annabeth smilling.
“Hey” Nico protested.
“Are you all done?” asked Piper.
“You mean picking on Nico we are never done with that” said Thalia “But we are done with this conveersation, so read Leo.”
Annabeth started to say, "I wonder where-"
The door slammed shut behind us.
"Oo-kay" Nico said "You may be there a while"
"Oo-kay," I mumbled. "Guess we'll stay awhile."
Everyone laughed and the simalaritys between the two statements.
"Oh No!" Nico gasped horrified "Im thinking like... Percy!"
‘did’nt you want to be like us?” asked Percy.
Nico just shuggered.
I could hear music echoing from the other end of the hall. It sounded like dance music.
"Oh the horrors!" Said Leo dramatically.
We stashed our overnight bags behind a pillar and started down the hall. We hadn't gone very far when I heard footsteps on the stone floor, and a man and woman marched out of the shadows to intercept us.
"Not good!" Piper said.
"Really not good" Jason agreed
They both had short gray hair and black military-style uniforms with red trim. The woman had a wispy moustache, and the guy was clean-shaven, which seemed kind of backward to me.
"As it did to me" Nico said and Thalia agreed.
Piper looked horrified and Leo was laughing by that mental image .
They both walked stiffly, like they had broomsticks taped to their spines.
"Well?" The woman demanded. "What are you doing here?"
"We are here to find Grover, Grab the demigod, Kill the monster and get out un noticed so if you excuse us" Nico said and Leo laughed.
"Um …" I realized I hadn't planned for this.
"How shocking!" Thalia said "Percy didn't plan ahead! What else is new?"
"Hey!" Percy defended " I plan ahead sometimes!"
"No, Annabeth plans for you, you follow the plan for about 5 seconds, mess it up, then narrowly avoid death." Nico corrected.
"I suppose thats true" Percy said.
"Your life sounds dangerous and full of action! You are AWESOME!" Leo said.
Okay Jason thought That guy is cool.
I'd been so focused on getting to Grover and finding out what was wrong, I hadn't considered that someone might question three kids sneaking into the school at night.
"Well maybe you hadn't, But Annabeth and I certainly did!"
We hadn't talked at all in the car about how we would get inside.
"Nah, I was to engrossed in your baby stories"
"Shut it Thals!" Percy said and Leo laughed.
I said, "Ma'am, we're just-"
"Ha!" the man snapped, which made me jump. "Visitors are not allowed at the dance! You shall beeee-jected!"
He had an accent-French maybe. He pronounced hisJlike inJacques.He was tall, with a hawkish face. His nostrils flared when he spoke, which made it really hard not to stare up his nose,
"You think the most inappropriate things at the most inappropriate times" Jason chuckled "I love it!" said Leo.
And his eyes were two different colors—one brown, one blue—like an alley cat's.
I figured he was about to throw us into the snow, but then Thalia stepped forward and did something very weird.
"Thalia is weird" Nico chuckled and was zapped by a small amout of lighting.
The trio, looked worried and concerned for Nico.
"Not cool Thal, not cool!" Nico said "This another shirt youve ruined!" Nico indicated to the small holes over his chest.
"What – How did that not affect you?" Piper asked incredulously "You just got struck by lightning and you act as if it was no big deal!"
Nico shrugged "That was a mild lightning bolt, besides, im used to it so its no biggy!"
The trio stared at Nico as if he was crazy.
She snapped her fingers.
"Thats not so weird" Leo said "But I suppose in this situation I suppose maybe a little"
"Shes manipulating the mist you idiot!" Piper said smacking him.
The sound was sharp and loud. Maybe it was just my imagination, but I felt a gust of wind ripple out from her hand, across the room.
It washed over all of us, making the banners rustle on the walls.
"Oh, but we're not visitors sir," Thalia said. "We go to school here. You remember: I'm Thalia. And this is Annabeth and Percy. We're in the eighth grade."
The male teacher narrowed his two-colored eyes.
I didn't know what Thalia was thinking. Now we'd probably get punished for lying and thrown into the snow.
"You have so little faith in me!" Thalia said in a mock hurt voice.
"Sorry Cuz, but i thought you were crazy at that moment in time"
But the man seemed to be hesitating.
He looked at his colleague. "Ms. Gottschalk, do you know these students?"
"Ms. Gottschalk?" Leo laughed. "He's got to be kidding!"
Despite the danger we were in, I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing. A teacher namedGot Chalk?He had to be kidding.
"My thoughts exactly Percy," Leo said "My thoughts exactly!"
Everyone chuckled.
The woman blinked, like someone had just woken her up from a trance. "I…yes. I believe I do, sir." She frowned at us. "Annabeth. Thalia. Percy. What are you doing away from the gymnasium?"
"What? How?" Jason asked. Annabeth then explained to them about manipulating the mist and the trio nodded their heads understanding.
Before we could answer, I heard more footsteps, and Grover ran up, breathless. "You made it! You-"
He stopped when he saw the teachers. "Oh, Mrs. Gottschalk. Dr. Thorn! I, uh-"
"Here come one of Grover's world class lies!" Nico joked.
"Whatisit, Mr. Underwood?" said the man. His tone made it clear that he detested Grover. "What do you mean, they made it? These students live here."
Grover swallowed. "Yes, sir. Of course, Dr. Thorn. I just meant…I'm so glad they made…the punch for the dance! The punch is great. And they made it!"
"They made the punch for the dance?" Leo said in a disbelieving tone
"Satyrs are terrible liars" Percy said.
Dr. Thorn glared at us. I decided on of his eyes had to be fake. The brown one? The blue one?
"Another one of those unique thoughts there Percy?" Nico chuckled along with everyone else.
"What?" Percy said "It was a fair question!"
He looked like he wanted to pitch us off the castle's highest tower, but then Mrs. Gottschalk said dreamily, "yes, the punch is excellent. Now run along, all of you. You are not to leave the gymnasium again!"
"You actually got away with that?" Nico said.
We didn't wait to be told twice. We left with a lot of "Yes, Ma'ams" and "Yes, sirs" and a couple of salutes, just because it seemed like the thing to do.
Everyone laughed.
"I'd love to see Annabeth salute" Leo joked and Piper wacked him once again.
Grover hussled us down the hall in the direction of the music. I could feel the teachers' eyes on my back, but I walked closely to Thalia and asked in a low voice, "How did you do that finger-snap thing?"
"You mean the Mist? Hasn't Chiron shown you how to do that yet?"
"Ouch" Percy said, his voice rich with mock hurt.
"I was just trying to annoy you for the mum comment you made earlier" Thalia said "I didn't actually mean it"
"I know that now Thal" Percy said as he gave her a one armed hug.
"Dont I get a hug to?" Nico pouted. Percy took his arm away from around Thalia and smirked at Nico.
"Maybe next time, Niccy!" Percy said as he ruffled Nico's hair.
“What about me?” asked Annabeth. “sure” said Percy giving her a hug.
“I hate you guys” said Nico. Thalia and Percy just stuck there tongues out at him.
An uncomfortable lump formed in my throat. Chiron was our head trainer at camp, but he's never shown me anything like that. Why had he shown Thalia and not me?
"Jelous Cuz?" Thalia asked smugly.
"Maybe a little" Percy admitted surprising Jason.
Grover hurried us to the door that had GYM written on the glass. Even with my dyslexia, I could read that much.
"That was close," Grover said. "Thank the gods you got here."
Annabeth and Thalia both hugged Grover. I gave him a big high-five. It was good to see him after so many months.
"Aww, Percy missed Grover!" Nico teased and Percy through a rock a in him in reply.
He'd gotten a little taller and had sprouted a few more whiskers, but otherwise he looked like he always did when he passed for human—a red cap on his curly brown hair to hide his goat horns, baggy jeans and sneakers with fake feet to hide his furry legs and hooves.
He was wearing a black T-shirt that took me a few seconds to read. It said WESTOVER HALL: GRUNT. I wasn't sure if that was, like, Grover's rank or maybe just the school motto.
"So what's the emergency?" I asked.
"The amazing Nico and his breathtakingly beautiful sister need escorted to Camp Halfblood!" Nico said.
Grover took a deep breath. "I found two."
"Two half-bloods?" Thalia asked, amazed. "Here?"
Grover nodded. Finding one half-blood was rare enough.
This year, Chiron had put the satyrs on emergency overtime and sent them all over the country, scouring schools from fourth grade through high school for possible recruits.
These were desperate times. We were losing campers.
We needed all the new fighters we could find. The problem was, there just weren't that many demigods out there.
"A brother and a sister," he said. "They're ten and twelve. I don't know their parentage, but they're strong."
"We're running out of time, though. I need help."
"Monsters?"
"Duh!" Annabeth said "Other wise they would be at camp already!"
Percy blushed as Nico and Thalia shared a knowing look and a smirk, much to everyones confusion.
"One." Grover looked nervous. "He suspects. I don't think he's positive yet, but this is the last day of term. I'm sure he won't let them leave campus without finding out. It may be our last chance. Every time I try to get close to them, he's always there, blocking me. I don't know what to do!"
"Dont worry" Nico said "You have Thalia and Annabeth, just lock Percy in a cupboard and the plan wont fail!"
"HEY!" Percy pouted as Thalia gave Nico a high five and everyone laughed.
Grover looked at Thalia desperately. I tried not to feel upset by that.
"Still Jealous?" Thalia asked innocently.
"Yup!" Percy said.
Which surprised Jason even more.
Used to be, Grover looked to me for answers, but Thalia had seniority. Not just because her dad was Zeus. Thalia had more experience than any of us fending off monsters in the real world.
"Glad I have an admirer!" Thalia chuckled.
"Right," she said. "These half-bloods are at the dance?"
Grover nodded.
"Then let's dance," Thalia said. "Who's the monster?"
"Oh," Grover said, ad looked around nervously. "You just met him. The vice principal, Dr. Thorn."
Weird thing about military schools: the kids go absolutely nuts when there's a special event and they get to be out of uniform. I guess it's because everything's so strict the rest of the time, they feel like they've got to overcompensate or something.
"That was exactly it" Nico said.
There were black and red balloons all over the gym floor, and guys were kicking them in each other's faces, or trying to strangle each other with the crepe-paper streamers taped to the walls.
"Boys" Thalia said in discust. “Hey” The boys protested.
“You no you have thre brothers!” said Nico.
Jason just realized that they were all cousins.
" Girls moved around in football huddles, the way they always do,
"I hate that!" Leo said.
wearing lots of makeup and spaghetti-strap tops and brightly colored pants and shoes that looked like torture devices.
Every once in a while they'd surround some poor guy like a pack of piranhas, shrieking and giggling, and when they finally moved on, the guy would have ribbons in his hair and a bunch of lipstick graffiti all over his face.
"Speaking from experience there Percy?" Nico snickered.
"I have had a few encounters" He replied honestly.
"Someone wont like that" Leo said in a sing song voice.
Some of the older guys looked like me—uncomfortable, hanging out at the edges of the gym and trying to hide, like at any minute they might have to fight for their lives. Of course, in my case, it was true…
"There they are." Grover nodded at a couple of younger kids arguing in the bleachers. "Bianca and Nico di Angelo."
"Thats us!" Nico said happily.
The girl wore a floppy green cap, like she was trying to hide her face.
"Bianca lived in that hat!" Nico laughed
The boy was obviously her little brother. They both had the same dark silky hair and olive skin, and they used their hands a lot as they talked. The boy was shuffling some kind of trading cards.
"Oh no" Nico muttered. "This is going to be so embarrassing!"
Everyone laughed. "I hate you Percy!"
"Gee thanks bro! Feeling the love"
His sister seemed to be scolding him about something. She kept looking around like she sensed something was wrong.
"She was always looking over her shoulder" Nico sighed.
Annabeth said, "Do they…I mean, have you told them?"
Grover shook his head. "You know how it is. That could put them in more danger. Once they realize who they are, their scent becomes stronger."
He looked at me, and I nodded. I've never really understood what demigods "smell" like to monsters and satyrs, but I knew your scent you killed. And the more powerful a demigod you became, the more you smelled like a monster's lunch.
""So let's grab them and get out of here," I said.
"Another one of Percy's Master Plans" Nico mocked. "No wonder everything failed"
Percy frowned at that. "Oh" Nico said noticing Percy's face "I didn't mean it like that" Nico said thinking about Bianca "I just meant... Nevermind" He patted Percy's shoulder. Confused the trio looked at them.
I started forward, but Thalia put her hand on my shoulder. The vice principal, Dr. Thorn, had slipped out of a doorway near the bleachers and was standing near the Di Angelo siblings.
"Great" Leo said sarcastically "Just what you need"
He nodded coldly in our direction. His blue eye seemed to glow.
Judging from his expression, I guessed Thorn hadn't been fooled by Thalia's trick with the Mist after all. He suspected who we were. He was just waiting to see why we were here.
"Thats not half bad" Leo said.
"Don't look at the kids," Thalia ordered. "We have to wait for a chance to get them. We need to pretend we're not interested in them. Throw him off the scent."
"Thats not going to work" Piper said "He knows your there for Nico and Bianca!"
"How?"
"We're three powerful half-bloods. Our presence should confuse him. Mingle. Act natural. Do some dancing. But keep an eye on those kids."
"Dancing?" Annabeth asked.
"Yes Annabeth" Leo said in mock concern "Thats when you move your body, in time to a beat" Annabeth replied by whacking him over the head.
Thalia nodded. She cocked her ear to the music and made a face. "Ugh. Who chose the Jesse McCartney?"
Grover looked hurt. "I did."
"Oh my gods, Grover. That is so lame. Can't you play, like, Green Day or something?"
"Green who?"
"Never mind. Let's dance."
"But I can't dance!"
"You can if I'm leading," Thalia said. "Come on, goat boy."
Grover yelped as Thalia grabbed his hand and lead him onto the dance floor.
Annabeth smiled.
"What?" I asked.
"Nothing. It's just cool to have Thalia back."
"Of coarse it is! Im awesome!" Thalia said.
"You keep telling yourself that" Nico said "And maybe one day it will come true"
Once again he was hit by lightning, I guess he is used to it the Jason thought and Percy chucked.
Annabeth had grown taller than me since last summer, which I found kind of disturbing.
"Aww Poor Short Percy!" Nico mocked.
Percy punched him.
She used to wear no jewelry except her Camp Half-Blood bead necklace, but now she wore little silver earrings shaped like owls—the symbol of her mother, Annabeth.
She pulled off her ski cap, and her long blonde hair tumbled down her shoulders. It made her look older, for some reason.
"For some reason" Thalia muttered to Nico and Percy causing Nico to smirk. Percy and Annabeth blushed.
"So…" I tried to think of something to say.Act natural,Thalia had told us. When you're a half-blood on a dangerous mission, what the heck is natural?
Thalia coughed.
"Um, design any good buildings lately?"
Annabeth's eyes lit up, the way they always did when she talked about architecture. "Oh my gods, Percy. At my new school, I get to take 3D design as an elective, and there's this cool computer program…"
She went on to explain how she'd designed this huge monument that she wanted to build at Ground Zero in Manhattan. She talked about structural supports and facades and stuff, and I tried to listen.
Annabeth glared at Percy and everyone else chuckled, well, accept Annabeth and Percy.
I knew she wanted to be a super architect when she grew up—
She loves math and historical buildings and all that—but I hardly understood a word she was saying.
"When do you ever understand anything?" Thalia asked and Percy pouted.
The truth was I was kind of disappointed to hear that she liked her new school so much. It was the first time she'd gone to school in New York. I'd been hoping to see her more often.
It was a boarding school in Brooklyn, and she and Thalia were both attending, close enough to Camp Half-Blood that Chiron could help if they got in any trouble. Because it was an all-girls school,
And I was going to MS-54 in Manhattan, I hardly ever saw them.
"Yeah, uh, cool," I said. "So you're staying there the rest of the year, huh?"
Her face got dark. "Well, maybe, if I don't-"
"Hey!" Thalia called to us.
"Thalia!" Nico and Percy groaned!
She was slow dancing with Grover,
Who was tripping all over himself, kicking Thalia in the shins, and looking like he wanted to die. At least his feet were fake. Unlike me, he had an excuse for being clumsy.
"Dance, you guys!" Thalia ordered. "You look stupid just standing there."
"Very demanding Thalia" Nico said nodding then added "They'll be together in no time"
That cause Thalia to snort and Percy and Annabeth to glare at them.
I looked nervously at Annabeth, then at the groups of girls roaming the gym.
"Oh Gods!" Piper muttered "You didn't!"
Percy smiled sheepishly at her a she shook her head.
"Well?" Annabeth said.
"Someone has a crush!" Leo , which caused him to be punched and hit by two separate stones.
"Um, who should I ask?"
Thalia and Nico laughed.
"You're unbelievable you know that!" Piper said.
"She was giving you a hint" Nico said and he to joined Leo by being thwacked with a stone.
She punched me in the gut.
"Me,Seaweed Brain!"
"Oh. Oh, right."
"Smooth!" Nico said.
So we went onto the dance floor, and I looked over to see how Thalia and Grover were doing things. I put one hand on Annabeth's hip,
Leo Wolf Whistled and Got smacked on the head, everyone was laughing at Annabeths blush.
,and she clasped my other hand like she was about to judo throw me.
"I'm not going to bite," she told me. "Honestly, Percy. Don't you guys have dances at your school?"
"Yeah, but that doesn't me he actually danced at one" Nico said knowingly.
I didn't answer. The truth was we did. But I'd never, like, actuallydancedat one. I was usually one of the guys playing basketball in the corner.
"Just like I said!" Said Nico looking smug.
We shuffled around for a few minutes. I tried to concentrate on little things, like the crepe-paper streamers and the punch bowl—anything but the fact that Annabeth was taller than me, and my hands were sweaty and probably gross,
Everyone chuckled at the and Piper gaged.
And I kept stepping on her toes.
"Slick!" Nico laughed along with everyone else
""What were you saying earlier?" I asked. "Are you having trouble at school or something?"
She pursed her lips.
"It's not that. It's my dad."
"Uh-oh." I knew Annabeth had a rocky relationship with her father. "I thought it was getting better with you two. Is it your stepmom again?"
Annabeth frowned and Percy put an arm around her to comfort her.
Annabeth sighed. "He decided to move. Just when I was getting settled in New York, he took this stupid new job researching for a World War I book. InSan Francisco.
She said this the same way she might sayFields of PunishmentorHades' Gym Shorts.
"OI" Nico said glaring at Percy, "I take offence to that!"
Everyone chuckled as Percy mumbled an apology.
"So he wants you to move out there with him?" I asked.
"To the other side of the country," she said miserably. "And half-blood can't live in San Francisco. He should know that."
"Yes he should" Annabeth sighed.
"What? Why not?"
Annabeth rolled her eyes. Maybe she thought I was kidding.
"You'd think she'd know you well enough to realise you were deadly serious!" Thalia said shaking her head.
"You know. It's rightthere."
"Oh," I said. I had no idea what she was talking about, but I didn't want to sound stupid.
"Don't worry Percy!" Nico said in mock comfort "You sound stupid anyway, she wouldn't notice the difference"
Percy punched him again.
"So, you'll go back to living at camp or what?"
"It's more serious than that, Percy. I…I probably should tell you something."
Suddenly she froze. "They're gone."
"Im pleased to hear you had kept an eye on us!" Nico chuckled.
"What?"
I followed her gaze. The bleachers. The two half-blood kids, Bianca and Nico, were no longer there. The door next to the bleachers was wide open. Dr. Thorn was nowhere in sight.
"Not good!" Leo said.
"We have to get Thalia and Grover!" Annabeth looked around frantically. "Oh, where'd they dance off to? Come on!"
She ran through the crowd. I was about to follow when a mob of girls got in my way.
"Maybe they can help" Nico said waggling his eyebrows. Percy glared.
I maneuvered around them to avoid getting the ribbon-and-lipstick treatment, and by the time I was free, Annabeth had disappeared. I turned a full circle, looking for her or Thalia and Grover. Instead, I saw something that chilled my blood.
About fifty feet away, lying on the gym floor, was a floppy green cap just like the one Bianca di Angelo had been wearing. Near it were a few scattered trading cards. Then I caught a glimpse of Dr. Thorn. He was hurrying out a door at the opposite end of the gym, steering the di Angelo kids by the scruffs of their necks, like they were kittens.
I still couldn't see Annabeth, but I knew she'd be heading the other way, looking for Thalia and Grover.
"Good!" Piper said approving. "You cant take him on your own." And after she said that Thalia Annabeth and Nico to glare at Percy who looked guilty.
I almost ran after her, and then I thought,wait.
Percy sighed, Another one of my stupid plans that got Annabeth kidnapped. Thalia and Annabeth who seemed to know what he was thinking, put an arm around his waist and rested her head on his shoulder. And this made Jason really jealous.
I remembered what Thalia had said to me in the entry hall, looking at me all puzzled when I asked about the finger-snap trick:hasn't Chiron shown you how to do that yet?I thought about the way Grover had turned to her, expecting her to save the day.
Not that I resented Thalia. She was cool.
"You better believe it!" Thalia said her head still on Percy's shoulder and her arm around his waist.
It wasn't her fault her dad was Zeus and she got all the attention…still, I didn't need to run after her to solve every problem. Besides, there wasn't time. The di Angelos were in danger. They might be long gone by the time I found my friends. I knew monsters. I could handle this myself.
I took Riptide out of my pocket and ran after Dr. Thorn.
The door led into a dark hallway. I heard sounds of scuffling up ahead, then a painful grunt.
"Oh No" Jason a few people.
I uncapped Riptide.
The pen grew in my hands until I held a bronze Greek sword, about three feet long, with a leather-bound grip. The blade glowed faintly, casting a golden light on the rows of lockers.
I jogged down the corridor, but when I got to the other end, no one was there. I opened the door and found myself back in the main entry hall. I was completely turned around. I didn't see Dr. Thorn anywhere, but there on the other side of the room were the di Angelo kids. They stood frozen in horror, staring right at me.
"I was so stupid!" Percy muttered to no one in particular.
I advanced slowly, lowering the tip of my sword. "It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you."
"We knew that!" Nico said "We were more concerned about the fact that Dr Thorn was staning behind you with a mad glint in his eye!"
They didn't answer. Their eyes were full of fear.
What was wrong with them? Where was Dr. Thorn?
"I know, I know!" Percy said before anyone else could "He was behind me"
Maybe he'd sensed the presence of Riptide and retreated. Monsters hated celestial bronze weapons.
"I don't think do "Artemis said.
"My name's Percy," I said, trying to keep my voice level. "I'm going to take you out of here, get you somewhere safe."
Bianca's eyes widened. Her fists clenched.
Only too late did I realize what her look meant. She wasn't afraid of me. She was trying to warn me.
"Took you long enough" Nico said.
"Atleast I realised!" Percy said smiling slightly.
I whirled around and something wentWHIIISH!Pain exploded in my shoulder. A force like a huge hand yanked me backward and slammed me into the wall.
"Ouch!" Leo said "Thats gotta hurt!"
"It wasn't so bad, at least less painful then the bath in the river styx" Percy said.
Wow.Jason; Piper and Leo stared wide eyed at Percy who didn’t seem to notice it.
I slashed with my sword, but there was nothing to hit. A cold laugh echoed through the hall.
"Thats just creepy" Annabeth said.
"Yes, PerseusJackson,"Dr. Thorn said. His accent mangled theJin my last name. "I know who you are."
"Who doesn't?" Nico joked
Jason became curious, wondering what else Percy had done to become famous.
I tried to free my shoulder. My coat and shirt were pinned to the wall by some kind of spike—a black dagger-like projectile about a foot long. It had grazed the skin of my shoulder as it passed through my clothes, and the cut burned. I'd felt something like this before. Poison.
I forced myself to concentrate. I wouldnotpass out.
"Not passing out would be good" Nico chuckled.
A dark silhouette now moved toward us. Dr. Thorn stepped into the dim light. He still looked human, but his face was ghoulish. He had perfect white teeth and his brown/blue eyes reflected the light of my sword.
"Thank you for coming out of the gym," he said. "I hate middle school dances."
"That makes two of us" Percy said with a smile.
I tried to swing my sword again, but he was just out of reach.
WHIIISH!A second projectile shot from somewhere behind Dr. Thorn. He didn't appear to move. It was as if someone invisible was standing behind him, throwing knives.
"A Manticore!" Piper gasped.
Next to me, Bianca yelped. The second thorn impaled itself in the stone wall, half an inch from her face.
A low growl came from Nicos mouth and the trio edged away from him.
"All three of you will come with me," Dr. Thorn said. "Quietly. Obediently. If you make a single noise, if you call out for help or try to fight, I will show you just how accurately I can throw."
"Thats it!" Annabeth announced "I suggest we take a small 15 minute break before we continue reading"

The Heroes of Olympus 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago PJrocks said…
big smile
Awesome! yay IM DA FIRST TO REPLY SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wanna read my forum
The Son of Hectate
over a year ago kayleegurule said…
continue its good
over a year ago kayleegurule said…
Btw u really should bold. Do this but without the spaces

[ b ] [ / b ] to bold
[ i ] [ / i ] to italisize
[ u ] [ / u ] to underline
over a year ago PJrocks said…
laugh
yeah u should^
over a year ago thalia_1234 said…
smile
ok...ill try my best to post the next chapter..!thnxx for commenting...!
over a year ago thalia_1234 said…
smile
HERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER, HOPE YOU LIKE IT....!!

-15 minutes later-
PIPER
After our fifteen minutes break during which Annabeth and Percy were making out behind a tree for 10 minutes and spent the rest of their time just catching up with Thalia and Nico. Jason, Leo and I were just sitting uncomfortably watching as they teased Percy and argued a lot. They were just like family which made her wonder how long they had known each other.
After the fifteen minutes we went back to reading. Thalia volunteered to read, so Jason handed her the book.
"Okay" Thalia said, "Chapter 2: The VP Gets A Missile Launcher"
I didn't know what kind of monster Dr. Thorn was, but he was fast.
"You really are useless, you know that" Annabeth teased
Percy stuck his tongue out at her.
Maybe I could defend myself if I could get my shield activated. All that it would take was a touch of my wrist-watch.
"That's pretty cool" Leo said. "Where is it?"
"I lost it in one of the battles" Percy said and Leo looked disappointed.
But defending the di Angelo kids was another matter. I needed help, and there was only one way I could think to get it. I closed my eyes.
"Oh Brilliant Idea!" Thalia said.
"Truly Amazing!" Nico added.
“Shut up. You don’t even know what I’m doing” said Percy. And this made them shut up.
"What are you doing, Jackson?" hissed Dr. Thorn. "Keep moving!" I opened my eyes and kept shuffling forward. "It's my shoulder," I lied, trying to sound miserable, which wasn't hard. "It burns."
"It was hard not to laugh at that" Nico chuckled then imitated "It burns!"
Percy threw a stone at him and the demigods snickered.
"Bah! My poison causes pain. It will not kill you. Walk!"
Thorn herded us outside, and I tried to concentrate. I pictured Grover's face.
"Um...Oo-Kay" Leo said "I understand that you don't have the best of plans, but picturing Grover, Seriously?"
"It’s an empathy link" Annabeth said.
I focused on my feelings of fear and danger. Last summer, Grover had created an empathy link between us. He'd sent me visions in my dreams to let me know when he was in trouble.
"That’s when you went to the sea of monsters” Jason asked.
Percy nodded.
As far as I knew, we were still linked, but I'd never tried to contact Grover before. I didn't even know if it would work while Grover was awake.
"I think it should" Annabeth said "But you would have to think something that will catch his attention, long sentences wont work"
Percy blushed sheepishly.
Hey, Grover! I thought. Thorn's kidnapping us! He's a poisonous spike-throwing maniac! Help!
Everyone chuckled except Annabeth who said
"Really seaweed brain, that’s what you thought?" asked Annabeth with a scowl.
Percy just grinned sheepishly.
Thorn inarched us into the woods. We took a snowy path dimly lit by old-fashioned lamplights. My shoulder ached. The wind blowing through my ripped clothes was so cold that I felt like a Percysicle.
"A percysicle" Nico said chuckling.
"There is a clearing ahead," Thorn said. "We will summon your ride."
"What ride?" Bianca demanded. "Where are you taking us?"
"Silence, you insufferable girl!"
Nico growled and again, the younger demigods edged away from him
"Don't talk to my sister that way.'" Nico said. His voice quivered, but I was impressed that he had the guts to say anything at all.
Nico smiled smugly. "Why thank you Perce"
Dr. Thorn made a growling sound that definitely wasn't human. It made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck, but I forced myself to keep walking and pretend I was being a good little captive. Meanwhile, I projected my thoughts like crazy—anything to get Grover's attention:Grover! Apples! Tin cans!
"That's better!" Annabeth said approving.
"Yeah" Nico said "That will definitely get Grover's attention!"
Get your furry goat behind out here and bring some heavily armed friends!
"You seriously thought that!" Thaia said chuckling.
"Your much funnier in your head!" Nico laughed and Percy pouted.
This caused everybody to laugh.
"Halt," Thorn said.
The woods had opened up. We'd reached a cliff overlooking the sea. At least, Isensed the sea was down there, hundreds of feet below. I could hear the waves churning and I could smell the cold salty froth. But all I could see was mist and darkness.
Dr. Thorn pushed us toward the edge. I stumbled,and Bianca caught me.
"Thanks," I murmured.
"Whatis he?" she whispered. "How do we fight him?"
"I… I'm working on it."
"So we're doomed" Nico finished and Percy whacked him.
Piper felt bad for Nico because Percy kept hitting him or throwing stones at him, But it looked like Nico was used to it she just let it pass.
"I'm scared," Nico mumbled. He was fiddling with something—a little metal toy soldier of some kind.
"What?" Leo asked grinning, it was hard to imagine a boy, all in black, holding a toy soldier.
Nico waved his hand dismissively and said "You will find out in a minute"
"Stop talking!" Dr. Thorn said. "Face me!"
We turned.
Thorn's two-tone eyes glittered hungrily. He pulled something from under his coat. At first I thought it was a switchblade, but it was only a phone. He pressed the side button and said, "The package—it is ready to deliver."
There was a garbled reply, and I realized Thorn was in walkie-talkie mode. This seemed way too modern and creepy—a monster using a mobile phone.
Everyone laughed.
"That is creepy!" Jason said.
I glanced behind me, wondering how far the drop was.
Dr. Thorn laughed. "By all means, Son of Poseidon. Jump! There is the sea. Save yourself."
"Like Percy would do that!" Thalia scoffed "He's way to loyal!"
Percy blushed.
WOW thought Piper.
"What did he call you?" Bianca muttered.
"I'll explain later," I said.
"You do have a plan, right?"
"Yeah, but not a great one" Nico said and once again was wacked.
Grover! I thought desperately. Come to me!
Everyone laughed.
Maybe I could get both the di Angelos to jump with me into the ocean.
"There was no way in hell you would get us to jump off that cliff"
"It was just a thought" Percy shrugged.
He really is crazy thought Piper.
If we survived the fall, I could use the water to protect us. I'd done things like that before. If my dad was in a good mood, and listening, he might help. Maybe.
"I would kill you before you ever reached the water," Dr. Thorn said, as if reading my thoughts.
"He probably was" Thalia said.
"You do not realize who I am, do you?"
"Of coarse he doesn't!" Thalia laughed "This is Percy we're talking about!"
Everyone laughed as Percy pouted.
A flicker of movement behind him, and another missile whistled so close to me that it nicked my ear. Something had sprung up behind Dr. Thorn—like a catapult, but more flexible… almost like a tail.
"Thats because it is a tail Kelphead!" Thalia said.
"Whats with all the nicknames?" Jason asked.
They all just shrugged.
"Unfortunately," Thorn said, "you are wanted alive, if possible. Otherwise you would already be dead."
"That's sort of good" Piper said.
"Who wants us?" Bianca demanded. "Because if you think you'll get a ransom, you're wrong. We don't have any family. Nico and I…" Her voice broke a little. "We've got no one but each other."
Nico looked down and everyone looked at him sympathetically. And Thalia gave him a one armed hug. The look on her face was totally sisterly.
"Aww," Dr. Thorn said. "Do not worry, little brats. You will be meeting my employer soon enough. Then you will have a brand-new family." "Luke," I said. "You work for Luke."
"Annabeth and thalia winced and Percy looked down sadly.
Piper wondered what happened to him, she’ll propably figure it out in the book.
Dr. Thorn's mouth twisted with distaste when I said the name of my old enemy—a former friend who'd tried to kill me several times. "You have no idea what is happening, Perseus Jackson. I will let the General enlighten you. You are going to do him a great service tonight. He is looking forward to meeting you." "The General?" I asked. Then I realized I'd said it with a French accent.
Everyone laughed.
"The General" Nico mocked. "It was rather amusing hearing you say that"
"I mean… who's the General?" Thorn looked toward the horizon. "Ah, here we are. Your transportation." I turned and saw a light in the distance, a searchlight over the sea. Then I heard the chopping of helicopter blades getting louder and closer. "Where are you taking us?" Nico said.
"Good question" Annabeth said.
"You should be honored, my boy. You will have the opportunity to join a great army! Just like that silly game you play with cards and dolls."
"What?" Everyone chuckled as Nico blushed crimson.
"Myth-o-Magic is a card game about the Greek Gods that Nico was obsessed with.
"I was not obsessed!" Nico defended when Percy raised an eyebrow he said "Well, Maybe a little"
"They're not dolls! They're figurines! And you can take your great army and—"
"Nico!" Thalia said in mock disappointment "You were already swearing at such a young age!"
Nico shrugged.
"Now, now," Dr. Thorn warned. "You will change your mind about joining us, my boy. And if you do not, well… there are other uses for half-bloods. We have many monstrous mouths to feed. The Great Stirring is underway."
"The great what?" Leo asked.
"The Great what?" I asked.
Everyone laughed.
Anything to keep him talking while I tried to figure out a plan.
"We could be here a while" Thalia joked.
"The stirring of monsters." Dr. Thorn smiled evilly. "The worst of them, the most powerful, are now waking. Monsters that have not been seen in thousands of years. They will cause death and destruction the likes of which mortals have never known. And soon we shall have the most important monster of all—the one that shall bring about the downfall of Olympus!"
"Okay," Bianca whispered to me. "He's completely nuts."
"We have to jump off the cliff," I told her quietly. "Into the sea."
"Oh, super idea. You're completely nuts, too."
"I like her" Leo laughed. Nico smiled sadly, his sister was cool.
I never got the chance to argue with her, because just then an invisible force slammed into me.
Looking back on it, Annabeth's move was brilliant.
"Where you expecting anything less?" Thalia asked as Annabeth blushed.
Wearing her cap of invisibility, she plowed into the di Angelos and me, knocking us to the ground. For a split second, Dr. Thorn was taken by surprise, so his first volley of missiles zipped harmlessly over our heads. This gave Thalia and Grover a chance to advance from behind—Thalia wielding her magic shield, Aegis.
"My awesome magic shield" Thalia corrected rubbing her bracelet.
If you've never seen Thalia run into battle, you have never been truly frightened.
"Your compliments are coming in thick and fast" Thalia laughed.
She uses a huge spear that expands from this collapsible Mace canister she carries in her pocket, but that's not the scary part. Her shield is modeled after one her dad Zeus uses—also called Aegis—a gift from Annabeth. The shield has the head of the gorgon Medusa molded into the bronze, and even though it won't turn you to stone, it's so horrible, most people will panic and run at the sight of it.
Even Dr. Thorn winced and growled when he saw it. Thalia moved in with her spear. "For Zeus!"
I thought Dr. Thorn was a goner. Thalia jabbed at his head, but he snarled and swatted the spear aside. His hand changed into an orange paw, with enormous claws that sparked against Thalia's shield as he slashed. If it hadn't been for Aegis, Thalia would've been sliced like a loaf of bread. As it was, she managed to roll backward and land on her feet.
The sound of the helicopter was getting louder behind me, but I didn't dare look. Dr. Thorn launched another volley of missiles at Thalia, and this time I could see how he did it. He had a tail—a leathery, scorpion like tail that bristled with spikes at the missiles deflected off Aegis, but the force of their impact knocked Thalia down.
Grover sprang forward. He put his reed pipes to his lips and began to play—a frantic jig that sounded like something pirates would dance to.
Grass broke through the snow. Within seconds, rope-thick weeds were wrapping around Dr. Thorn's legs, entangling him.
Dr. Thorn roared and began to change. He grew larger until he was in his true form—his face still human, but his body that of a huge lion. His leathery, spiky tail whipped deadly thorns in all directions. "A manticore!" Annabeth said, now visible. Her magical New York Yankees cap had come off when she'd plowed into us. "Who are you people?" Bianca di Angelo demanded. "And what is that?"
"More good questions" Annabeth nodded.
"A manticore?" Nico gasped. "He's got three thousand attack power and plus five to saving throws!"
Nico shook his head as everyone laughed.
"Not the best time to say that" he said.
I didn't know what he was talking about, but I didn't have time to worry about it. The manticore clawed Grover's magic weeds to shreds then turned toward us with a snarl.
"Get down!" Annabeth pushed the di Angelos flat into the snow.
"Thanks for that Annabeth" Nico muttered.
At the last second, I remembered my own shield. I hit my wristwatch, and metal plating spiraled out into a thick bronze shield. Not a moment too soon. The thorns impacted against it with such force they dented the metal. The beautiful shield, a gift from my brother, was badly damaged. I wasn't sure it would even stop a second volley.
"YOUR BROTHER!" Roared Zeus and Hades
I heard athwack and a yelp, and Grover landed next to me with a thud.
"Yield!" the monster roared. "Never!" Thalia yelled from across the field. She charged the monster, and for a second, I thought she would run him through
"Another compliment Perce!" Thalia beamed at him whilst Nico coughed suck up. That caused everybody to laugh.
But then there was a thunderous noise and a blaze of light from behind us. The helicopter appeared out of the mist, hovering just beyond the cliffs. It was a sleek black military-style gunship, with attachments on the sides that looked like laser-guided rockets. The helicopter had to be manned by mortals, but what was it doing here? How could mortals be working with a monster?
"This is not good" Piper said "Even mortals are on the wrong side."
The searchlights blinded Thalia, and the manticore swatted her away with its tail. Her shield flew off into the snow. Her spear flew in the other direction. "No!" I ran out to help her. I parried away a spike just before it would've hit her chest.
"I never thanked you for that did I?" Thalia asked.
"No worries" Percy said "It was no bother"
"Besides" Nico added "If you died, who else would I get into fights with?"
"You just blew it!" Thalia said punching him.
I raised my shield over us, but I knew it wouldn't be enough. Dr. Thorn laughed. "Now do you see how hopeless it is? Yield, little heroes." We were trapped between a monster and a fully armed helicopter. We had no chance. Then I heard a clear, piercing sound: the call of a hunting horn blowing in the woods.
"My hunters!" Thalia beamed.
The manticore froze. For a moment, no one moved. There was only the swirl of snow and wind and the chopping of the helicopter blades. "No," Dr. Thorn said. "It cannot be—"
Thalia smirked.
His sentence was cut short when something shot past me like a streak of moonlight. A glowing silver arrow sprouted from Dr. Thorn's shoulder. He staggered backward, wailing in agony."Curse you!" Thorn cried. He unleashed his spikes, dozens of them at once, into the woods where the arrow had come from, but just as fast, silvery arrows shot back in reply. It almost looked like the arrows had intercepted the thorns in midair and sliced them in two, but my eyes must've been playing tricks on me. No one, not even Apollo's kids at camp, could shoot with that much accuracy.
The manticore pulled the arrow out of his shoulder with a howl of pain. His breathing was heavy. I tried to swipe at him with my sword, but he wasn't as injured as he looked. He dodged my attack and slammed his tail into my shield, knocking me aside. Then the archers came from the woods. They were girls, about a dozen of them. The youngest was maybe ten. The oldest, about fourteen, like me.
"Not quite" Nico chuckled.
They wore silvery ski parkas and jeans, and they were all armed with bows. They advanced on the manticore with determined expressions. "The Hunters!" Annabeth cried.
"Glad we could be of help" Thalia said.
Next to me, Thalia muttered, "Oh, wonderful."
I didn't have a chance to ask what she meant. One of the older archers stepped forward with her bow drawn. She was tall and graceful with coppery colored skin. Unlike the other girls, she had a silver circlet braided into the top of her long dark hair, so she looked like some kind of Persian princess.
"A Persian Princess" Thalia repeated "Zoe?" she said.
"Yes" Percy blushed whilst Nico snickered.
"Permission to kill, my lady?"
I couldn't tell who she was talking to, because she kept her eyes on the manticore. The monster wailed. "This is not fair! Direct interference! It is against the Ancient Laws."
"Not so," another girl said. This one was a little younger than me, maybe twelve or thirteen. She had auburn hair gathered back in a ponytail and strange eyes, silvery yellow like the moon.
"You are very observant" Thalia smiled.
"Um... Thanks" Percy said.
Her face was so beautiful it made me catch my breath,
Thalia beamed while Nico said "What's with you and compliments?"
but her expression was stern and dangerous.
"The hunting of all wild beasts is within my sphere. And you, foul creature, are a wild beast." She looked at the older girl with the circlet. "Zoe, permission granted." The manticore growled. "If I cannot have these alive, I shall have them dead!"He lunged at Thalia and me, knowing we were weak and dazed.
"Speak for yourself!" Thalia muttered.
"No.'" Annabeth yelled, and she charged at the monster.
Annabeth's eyes widened. What was she doing? Thought Piper
"Get back, half-blood!" the girl with the circlet said. "Get out of the line of fire!"
Annabeth was breathing deeply.
But Annabeth leaped onto the monster's back and drove her knife into his mane. The manticore howled, turning in circles with his tail flailing as Annabeth hung on for dear life.
The younger demigods mouths were open, staring at Annabeth in shock.
"Fire!" Zoe ordered.
"No!" I screamed.
Annabeth smiled at Percy who returned it.
But the Hunters let their arrows fly. The first caught the manticore in the neck. Another hit his chest. The manticore staggered backward, wailing, "This is not the end, Huntress! You shall pay!" And before anyone could react, the monster, with Annabeth still on his back, leaped over the cliff and tumbled into the darkness.
"NO!" All the younger campers yelled.
"Annabeth!" I yelled.
Again Annabeth smile at him.
I started to run after her,
"Idiot!" Annabeth said.
but our enemies weren't done with us. There was asnap-snap-snap from the helicopter—the sound of gunfire. Most of the Hunters scattered as tiny holes appeared in the snow at their feet, but the girl with auburn hair just looked up calmly at the helicopter. "Mortals," she announced, "are not allowed to witness my hunt." She thrust out her hand, and the helicopter exploded into dust—no, not dust. The black metal dissolved into a flock of birds—ravens, which scattered into the night.
The Hunters advanced on us. The one called Zoe stopped short when she saw Thalia. "You," she said with distaste.
Thalia chuckled. That was so like Zoe.
"Zoe Nightshade." Thalia's voice trembled with anger. "Perfect timing, as usual."
"Im guessing you to don't like each other" Leo laughed.
Zoe scanned the rest of us. "Four half-bloods and a satyr, my lady."
"Duh" Apollo said and Thalia whacked him.
"Yes," the younger girl said. "Some of Chiron's campers, I see."
"Annabeth!" I yelled. "You have to let us save her!"
Annabeth smiled Percy.
"You sounded a little mental when you said that" Nico laughed.
The auburn-haired girl turned toward me. "I'm sorry, Percy Jackson, but your friend is beyond help."
I tried to struggle to my feet, but a couple of the girls held me down.
"You are in no condition to be hurling yourself off cliffs," the auburn-haired girl said.
"When are you every in the right condition to jump off a cliff?" Leo asked.
Percy nodded and Piper was in awe.
"Let me go!" I demanded. "Who do you think you are?"
Everyone stared opened mouthed at Percy. Thalia glared.
"You actually said that!" Piper said.
"How the bloody heck are you alive?" Leo asked astounded.
“I’ve got skills” said Percy.
Zoe stepped forward as if to smack me.
"No," the other girl ordered. "I sense no disrespect, Zoe. He is simply distraught. He does not understand."
The young girl looked at me, her eyes colder and brighter than the winter moon. "I am Artemis," she said. "Goddess of the Hunt."
"I almost peed myself when you said that" Nico laughed.
“That’s it” said Thalia “who wants to read next?” she asked.
“I will” said Piper.
Thalia handed the book to Apollo, "Your turn to read" She said.

I'LL TRY TO POST THE NEXT CHAPTER SOON.
over a year ago WatchYourBack said…
cool
POST LOVE IT