The Heroes of Olympus Safe Spoiler Place

mimillama123 posted on Oct 11, 2013 at 11:20PM
hi! so it seems like a lot of people who read the book want to talk about it, and a lot of people who didn't read the book dont want to read spoilers, so i made this! this is a place where we can talk about the book without worrying about spoiling anything!

The Heroes of Olympus 35 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago pink-bookworm said…
Yay! There are so many things I want to say but I want someone else to start hahaha
over a year ago mimillama123 said…
okay :) so let's talk about leo and calypso! OMG! she was so different this time! i read that part and i was like in a trance for the rest of the day thinking about it!
extraordinary25 commented…
Me too! It wsa like she was all bitter from Percy leaving her. And then when Leo swore on the River Styx, Im just like Oh...My...Gods! (hyperventilating :D) over a year ago
HermionePiper commented…
I know! When they kissed I actually screamed and had to put the book down for a bit. And then when it was like 'his voice sounded an octave higher' I was just laughed. Oh Leo. I feel like the whole thing's changed him now :'( over a year ago
MERCEYISAWESOME commented…
^ yeah! take that! - takes stapler and staples Nemesis's forehead- -she stares.- -me shrug- hey, i joined the staplers club. dont blame me. xD over a year ago
over a year ago HermionePiper said…
What about Piper's looking into the 'to storm or fire the world must fall' line of the prophecy? It's kind of worrying, cuz, if she's right, either Jason or Leo will die. And Leo swore to go back to Calypso and everything, and now it seems it's more than likely that Leo will die.......
last edited over a year ago
mimillama123 commented…
is there like some deep psychological reason that i keep getting mixed up between nico and leo in my head? over a year ago
it seemed pretty positive to me cause either 1) leo will destroy dirt face. 2) jason will destroy her. 3) percy will destroy her. 4)jason and percy will work together to destroy her. (storm) or 5) (this is most likely) percy, jason, and leo will all work together and defeat mother nature. :) and i wouldnt worry much about one of them surviving the other dying thing. rick is probably making us think that on purpose. over a year ago
over a year ago corrected said…
what bout perco
mimillama123 commented…
perco? over a year ago
HermionePiper commented…
PercyxNico!!!!!! The shippers are coming.... over a year ago
mimillama123 commented…
i do too but i still want him to confess! i want SOMEONE other than jason to know! i didnt mean i want him to confess his crush on percy, just that hes gay over a year ago
over a year ago darange said…
hmmm
oh.my.god.where.do.i.even.begin.
well first off i have question, did anyone else feel like Pipers chapters ran more smoother then in the previous books? or was that just me?
mimillama123 commented…
i thought so too! when i read moa, it seemed like she was all self centered, always talking about how great jason was. i mean, i like piper, but she wasnt very nice. in the piper pov's in hoh, though, i was so impressed by how she seemed so much.. well.. better! over a year ago
HermionePiper commented…
Yeah! She's changed a lot... every character has changed actually over a year ago
loonylovegood7 commented…
I actually didn't despise her over a year ago
mimillama123 commented…
^WHOA PROGRESS over a year ago
and how insanely cool was HAZEL? i mean, i always loved her but now she's, like, totally awesome! maybe im the only one, but, though i thought her powers were cool, it didn't seem that she could really use them to her advantage! now she's like, mystical(no pun intended!) ( well, okay pun intended) and really brave and stuff.
HermionePiper commented…
Yep I was like "YOU GO HAZEL BENDING DA MIST." She's also become a more important character. over a year ago
i love hazel shes a sweetheart. :) i so thought the mist thing was awesome. you know my first thought when hecate said that hazel needed to learn how to the mist? THALIA!! who else thought that? xD over a year ago
loonylovegood7 commented…
Hazel was badass! over a year ago
smile
wut did you guys think of everyone's character development? i thought it was SUPER great! there was SO much that it was pouring out of the book page by page
HermionePiper commented…
Yeah, it was awesome! Leo's become more serious; it's like he still tells jokes but he seems sadder over a year ago
mimillama123 commented…
i think we all know why :'( but i think he's even funnier in hoh than the other books over a year ago
^ yeah, i have to agree witb you on that one.... over a year ago
and then there's reyna! how awesome was she? and poor scipio :(
darange commented…
lol i loved it when Rachel and Grover went to go talk to them and she brought the hairbrush that she whacked Cronus with, and we finally get Reyna's full name!! poor Scippy :,( over a year ago
corrected commented…
ik lol me 2 over a year ago
HermionePiper commented…
Aw yis the hair brush ;) over a year ago
nico's character is ruined thoguh. He used to be this serious stable strong person and now he is an emotional wreck...
darange commented…
i don't think his character was ruined over a year ago
HermionePiper commented…
I love Nico even more to be honest! over a year ago
^^^^^ hey, you need to calm down. its actually a good question. the percy Jackson and the olympians series? THAT was a children series. but since now that the fans are getting older, the series is no longer a children series. plus, it made a new (good) twist to the story, and in a way, rick is trying to show that its okay to be gay. but never the less, i atill love nico. :) over a year ago
over a year ago ALN07 said…
But I just have to ask, is anyone as proud of Frank as I am?
darange commented…
TOTAL RESPECT FOR FRANK ZHANG! over a year ago
ALN07 commented…
In math class I was supposed to be working, but I was reading and I cried cuz I was just that proud of Frank.. over a year ago
HermionePiper commented…
Yeah I wasn't too keen on him and now I'm like "FRANKKKK!' over a year ago
my headcannon..........was almost right???
earlier before i read the book i posted this headcannon on the wall posts
"HEADCANNON: what if Nico was trying to find his sister in the underworld because well one he wanted to see if he could get her back and two: he wanted to talk to her about his mixed emotions/feelings for another guy? i mean who else can you talk too? certainly not Annabeth, or anyone else at camp. he would have wanted to talk to someone who wouldnt judge him, someone he knew the longest and trusted.
but instead of finding Bianca he found Hazel.
just a crazy idea....."

and
in the book:
"Easy for you to say.You'r everybody's golden boy,the son of Jupiter. the only person who ever accepted me was Bianca, and she died!"
ALN07 commented…
You were close. over a year ago
which point of view did you like the most? i actually..... dont know. i liked all of theres! i really wished we could get a point of view from Nico but oh well , i have to go with Hazel, Frank, Annabeth, and Percy. dont get me wrong i ADORED the other characters P.O.V'S and there character development, but i think these 4 out of the 8 had such powerful chapters and character development that it even changed them from there original personality and your getting to see how dark there personality can get, this book had so much darkness, sadness, and it got scary at times for the readers and i thought that was brilliant for Riordan to do.
lol sorry for rambling, i do that alot.
rainbow_girl commented…
i really want to see nicos POV too. i want to see thing his way. hes too important to be left out. over a year ago
mimillama123 commented…
im really curious about reyna's pov because of all those times it said she had a poker face, or was concealing her emotions, im so curious to see what she thinks about! over a year ago
ALN07 commented…
I actually finished the book at 1 am yesterday over a year ago
laugh
"RA-RA"
darange commented…
hahahahaha gotta love Grover, im so happy we know Reyna's full name now! over a year ago
HermionePiper commented…
Imagining everyone living there fighting over the brand new copy of BoO when it's out. Lot's of injuries. over a year ago
ALN07 commented…
THE HUNGER GAMES over a year ago
over a year ago MERCEYISAWESOME said…
laugh
Oh! I bet none of you thought of this question: do you think it was cool that percy's pen CAN write?!?! I thought it was epic xD
mimillama123 commented…
i know right?(wow i say that way too much) i didnt see that coming! XD over a year ago
darange commented…
ya! when he got all those qestions "hey if thats a pen can you write with it?" over the years and it does! over a year ago
HermionePiper commented…
Yep when I read that I'm just 'it's true yes' over a year ago
^^ ikr! when annabeth started writing on the napkin, i closed the book for a moment and thought: does that answer your question nico? then i went right back to reading it. lol rick is a genuis! over a year ago
and how wonderfully confusing was the part with the lady(i cant remember her name!) and hazel with their awesome mist bending and stuff?! i mean, did they like enter a dream world or what? still a little confused by that but i thought it was really cool!
darange commented…
you mean Hecate? over a year ago
mimillama123 commented…
actually, hecate too but no, at the doors of death, the evil lady and the giant. over a year ago
AND WHAT'S WITH LEO NOT LIKING COFFEE? I mean, I always imagine Leo as having coffee ALL THE TIME and then Jason's like "Here he was drinking coffee that he didn't even like" and I'm just *O*
ikr all of the fanfics ( i dont even know why i read them...) leo always seemed to like coffee. maybe he does, it just wasnt the type of coffee he liked. i like vanilla. :# over a year ago
Well, he is ADHD. I doubt he needs the extra caffeine. I guess Rick was trying to show how before, Leo was kiddish, and hyper. Now he is all grown up and serious. over a year ago
ALN07 commented…
^whhhhyyyyyyuuuggghhhhh DONT REMIND ME over a year ago
over a year ago Nicolicious said…
I'm still on Team Kill Frank.
-_- -holds up knife- ill give you a 5 second head start before i come and chase after you to chop off your stupid head off. lolz im kidding! welcome! over a year ago
ALN07 commented…
no over a year ago
^ we. dont. care. at all. -_- over a year ago
over a year ago Alex13126 said…
Go Team Kill Frank!
-_- same for you too. over a year ago
angry
IM NOT ON TEAM KILL FRANK! THAT GUY IS AWESOME! I HAVE FULL RESPECT FOR HIM
:) you are on the right side. over a year ago
HermionePiper commented…
Yes you are! over a year ago
over a year ago SamValdezLuv said…
I gained soooo much respect for frank in this book
yuperdoodles meh too over a year ago
ALN07 commented…
honestly at first I only read SoN, cuz of Percy then I went and read MoA and during the wait im like "you know what, ima reread SoN" so I did. and then I'm like "HOW DID I MISS SO MUCH THIS BOOK IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN ORIGINALLY THOUGHT AHHHHHH THE FEELS" and I just fell in love with Frank and appretiated Hazel even more and just fell in love with percy even more. and then I read HoH and I just fell in love with Frank THAT much more. I'm sooooooo proud!!! over a year ago
darange commented…
me too! he has my full respect! over a year ago
oooookay, so some people still dont like frank, or are on team kill frank. gotcha. PLEASE stop posting about it!
darange commented…
YES AGREED! PLEASE STOP PLOTTING THE DEATH OF FRANK! I RESPECT THAT GUY SO MUCH! over a year ago
^^ so? like annabeth said in the mark of athena, leo has a big mouth. i totally douot that leo was trying to hurt frank. over a year ago
ALN07 commented…
true dat over a year ago
okay so with all the "#jasonfail" things, i STILL dont know the name of those videos! please someone what are they
big smile
OK I FINALLY THOUGHT OF SOMETHING WE HAVEN'T DISCUSSED YET! Coach Hedge and Mellie! And the... unborn baby... aurots.... austayrs.... we'll work on that.
So what did you guys think of the whole thing? I hope they're in the last book cuz I'm starting to wonder what they would look like...
ALN07 commented…
ASDFGHJKL dont EVEN AHHH MY GODSSS I WAS ALL OMG HES A FATHER WHOAAAAA, THAT escalated quickly. over a year ago
darange commented…
Oh my goodness gracionious yes! i was like so shocked (but in a good way) when i heard he was gonna be a father! over a year ago
mimillama123 commented…
hmmmm baybeesss! such an awesomely bright thing in such a dark book! over a year ago
lol im a he not a she ALNO7...and i was just saying what i think is the reaso some ppl dont like him. who says i dont like him
ALN07 commented…
but you said it yourself. you know you could have said "I think people dont like Frank beacuse they may think he's a ....." (I can't bring myself to say it) what you said kinda implied you dont. over a year ago
corrected commented…
well maaaaaaayyybe i agree but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. but my opinion of frank got better in the house of hades over a year ago
I used to think he was endearing. Now he's all like: praetor, muscular, no longer clumsy. over a year ago
laugh
So.... what point of views do you think will be In Blood of Olympus? I think that it'll be: percy, annabeth, Jason, Piper, hazel, Frank, leo, nico, (hopefully :) ) Reyna, (that would be nice ) and octavion. (Just cause) any opinions?
HermionePiper commented…
Idek... all the seven definitely, and (hopefully) Nico. Idk... Octavian's POV would be hilarious over a year ago
yup. also, i want to see what he has against teddy bears... lol or why he hates greeks so much. maybe theres an emotional reason for it? nah, i douot it. over a year ago
Does anyone think that Rick Riordan should put Octavian's back story in another in between book? (Like Demigod Files or Diaries) Only this time he should call it... (I got nothing ;( ) over a year ago
it will be EVERYONE
mimillama123 commented…
you do know you can comment on other people's things by clicking the comment button right? over a year ago
corrected commented…
yes i knew that. why do u say? over a year ago
mimillama123 commented…
well, you almost always comment by writing your own post, i just assumed... over a year ago
crying
OHH MYY GODDSS! I FINALLY thought of something else to discuss........... PERCABABIES!!!! gosh the feels! Anybody else remember pg..... i think its 453 or 458 (???) of HoH? "Sons and daughters." ahhhhmygod did anyone else just die????
mimillama123 commented…
THAT WAS SO SWEET! i hope they have little percabeth spawn! man, adding spawn makes it sound evil:) but wasnt that in MoA? over a year ago
ALN07 commented…
I drew Percbabies over a year ago
HermionePiper commented…
What's this?! I must get my copy of HoH back from my friend NOW over a year ago
ALN07 commented…
get it FAST GURL over a year ago
hey i thought of something to discuss too! so we've talked about nico, but not about cupid! how weird was that?
ALN07 commented…
OHMIGODS YES!!!! I was like 'what happened to chubby baby with wings and a bow', but, uh, that didn't happen over a year ago
mimillama123 commented…
ik he was like a creepy dark evil thing. and the pics are even creepier than my imagination, with his glowing eyes. over a year ago
mimillama123 commented…
though i did have this one nightmare with dracula.. over a year ago
rainy
Us all get sudden idea on what we can write/spoil.... Nico when he said something like (can't remember the exact words) "but when this quest is over i'm leaving. forever." When I read that I was just dying I couldn't even- hopefully someone (besides Percy) will come along for him, but i don't know....
ALN07 commented…
omg yes I remember that, idk the excat words too but it saddened meeeaaugghhhhh over a year ago
mimillama123 commented…
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BRING THIS UP? I WAS HAVING A GOOD DAY! awwwwwwww not nico.. leaving… this makes me sad for reasons i can't even explain.. over a year ago
ALN07 commented…
^^ nooooo im pretty sure he does over a year ago
talk about us all getting ideas! whhat about the mean guy with the giant turtle?
and the DISGUSTING feet?
HermionePiper commented…
Ohhhh.... that dude that kicked Jason off the cliff? Yeah that was definitely weird. But heyy Hazel bent the mist!!! over a year ago
when i first read the description, i was like, why does this dude sound a lot like percy...? then when Scyrion (i think thats his name) said he was a son of Posedion, i was like, oh. that makes sense. xD over a year ago
darange commented…
^^^BAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! XD over a year ago
Let's discuss Lazel
It's disappeared
mimillama123 commented…
ikr but hazel kind of apologized for leading him on (which is like the biggest friendzone POSSIBLE) but i think all the lazel shippers have gone on to be caleo shippers… i know i have :) over a year ago
ALN07 commented…
i love how dey be friends now and its not sooo awkward over a year ago
ALN07 commented…
i have this strange 'hate/ok-with' relationship with this guy in my school named Jacob. we always call each other by our last names which means hes always yelling at me 'nunez' and im always yelling 'mcadams' and we just work like that. over a year ago
laugh
Another tiny detail I wanna talk about! :3 remember in Leo's point of view when he did Morse code and realized the message was 'I love you' and it was after Frank said something.. I started to freak out thinking leo was gay, (but if he was, A) he and nico could be together and B) he would be even more adorable!) But then the whole calypso thing happened and... yeah... xD
corrected commented…
how is a gay greek hispanic adorable over a year ago
ALN07 commented…
^you gotta problem with hispanics?? over a year ago
ALN07 commented…
me too over a year ago
over a year ago extraordinary25 said…
crying
Just so I am clear on this:
1. Coach Hedge is gone
2. Percy is all traumatized from Tartarus
3. Leo is depressed and serious because of Calypso
4. Frank isn't clumsy anymore

***********So basically he took all of our funny and endearing characters, and turned them into strong, serious, heroes. Or he just got rid of them. Does anyone else notice anything wrong with that?!?!?
ALN07 commented…
Leo's still kinda Leo but more serious which saddens me because one of my favorite chracters is sad and so am I. Hedge is with Reyna and Nico so yea, hes gone. I don't really think Percy is tramatized but yea, of course Tartarus scared him AND Annabeth, but I noticed less change in them than I did in Leo. I still see Frank as clumsy. the end. he is to me and shall always be. over a year ago
ALN07 commented…
Honestly I'm ok with Coach being gone. This is the quest of the Seven which means its going to be the 7 and only the 7 who fuffill the dang prophecy over a year ago
corrected commented…
ther are NOT gone he still might giver their POVs over a year ago
laugh
Annnnnnnd Frank is praetor now. I have to admit that I did NOT see that coming! AT ALL. I'm proud of Frank.
ikr! i thought it was awesome! woo! you go frank! :) over a year ago
corrected commented…
idk but i feel like the praetor position no longer has any meaning over a year ago
ALN07 commented…
i so proud over a year ago
crying
Uh, how bout Bob the titan! I love him he's awesome! One of my favorite characters in HoH. I was freaking out when he started to get his memory back I thought he would kill percy and annabeth gah! And why wasn't I suprised when percy started to feel guilty that he didn't visit Bob, much less think about him. And it's so sad how he can't leave tarturus! Aww now he can't say hello to the stars! D: THE FEELS!!!
corrected commented…
lol over a year ago
HermionePiper commented…
I KNOW AND HE'S ZOE'S GRANDFATHER AND "SAY HELLO TO THE STARS FOR ME" AND "I CAN SEE THE STARS AGAIN MY LADY" ARGH IT'S LIKE RICK HATES US OR SOMETHING over a year ago