The Heroes of Olympus The Doors Of Death

percyJlover121 posted on Dec 31, 2010 at 02:51AM
chapter 1
i run away
(euterpe)

i was in the garden of the hesperides when i heard a crash on the mountain above us.
"what was that?" i asked
"oh, the half bloods are fighting gaea." clio said
"gaea is awake?" i asked
"yes," erato said "they are fighting on mount othyrs again."
"well, we need to help!" i said
"we cant." urania said "and you dont want to end up like zoe."
i got angry "but zoe was a hero! she saved us by defeating atlas! and she was our sister!"
"she is not our sister." melpomene chided "it was a tragedy she died, though."
"the doors of death have been opened," i told them "and that is very bad. we need to help!"
"how, euterpe? we are not heroes." calliope said sadly
"if zoe can be a hero, so can we." i got up
"and where do you think you're going?" erato asked
"to camp half blood. i will help them." i said sternly
"you'll end up like zoe." clio said
"i dont care." and with that, i started walking.
"do not make me send the ladon after you." erato warned "you must stay."
"no." i said over my shoulder
"ladon." erato said calmly
"dont." calliope said
"please dont go." clio pleaded
but i just kept walking, not sure where to go.
"i'm sorry, i have to." erato whispered. she sighed "LADON! WAKE!"
ladon stirred, then woke with a grunt.
ladon didnt care for me, but i always took care of him. i remembered when zoe tried to get past him. and it didnt go so well. ladon lunged and i ran. i ran wherever my feet could take me.
i was panting and quenched in sweat. i made it, ladon only protected the apples, so he only chased me so far. i walked to the nearest building and walked in.
it had a billboard and lockers. ugh, school.
a lady walked up. she had a pinched, mean, face and her brown hair was in a bun.
"and you are?" she asked, i thought for a second. i've seen demigods do the mist thing, so i tried it.
i snapped my fingers "why, ma'am, i go here, of course."
she looked confused for a second and blinked "oh, yes, whats your name again?"
"um," a name, a name "katherine, of course! remember?"
she glared at me "yes, of course. katherine, what are you doing out here?"
"bathroom." i said
"well, go back to class." and she walked away. i looked at the nearest clock. three o'clock, probably time to dismiss class for the day. but, of course, i've never been to public school.
as if on time, the bell rang.
the hallway was crowded for a few minutes, then empty again. i saw a girl with curly light brown hair and clowdy grey eyes
"hello." i said
she opened a locker and put some books in "hello, who are you?"
"oh, eut-" i swallowed "katherine. i'm new."
she smiled and held out her hand "welcome to camelton middle school. my name is jessica."
i shook her hand "um, what month is it?" i asked
she looked confused "may, of course."
"oh, right. silly me." i looked at her more closely. there was something different about her...
"but," she continued "school is out tomorrow. looks like you're just in time, you dont have to learn anything." she closed her locker "where are you from?"
"um, somewhere...near here."
jessica laughed "no kidding, wanna get something to eat, maybe?"
"sure." but my mind was thinking up a plan to get to new york...

euterpe (muse of music)
chapter 1
i run away
(euterpe)

i was in the garden of the hesperides when i heard a crash on the

The Heroes of Olympus 88 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 88

over a year ago percyJlover121 said…
smile
jessica
jessica
over a year ago Poseidon3 said…
big smile
Nice start.
over a year ago wisegurl said…
laugh
Luv it <33 !!
over a year ago UnoriginalName said…
whoa. you are going to finish the entire series before the next book comes out. whoa.
smile
these are kinda my own books, the first one was a fanfic, now im kinda geussing (this is NOT the real series!) i will post once a day
over a year ago UnoriginalName said…
I know, but you will finish 4 (mini) books by the time the next book comes out.
last edited over a year ago
i dont know, the real son of neptune comes out next fall, which is almost a year, so probably
over a year ago tessa34567 said…
you are so good
smile
chapter 2
something is wrong
(nico)

ever since i came to camp half blood last winter everyone likes having me here, even the pegasi. its pretty lonely in the hades cabin, though. after the titan war percy and all of the campers started building new cabins. he even built me one when i visited. but i decided to stay a while.
everyone was getting ready to capture the flag. all i had was my black sword, i didnt need armor. it was poseidoon, athena, dionysus, aphrodite, demeter, hepheastus cabins (blue)vs. hades, hypnos, nemesis, hecate, ares, hermes, hebe, and zeus (hope i got them all!) was red.
we were in the woods when chiron spoke.
"on my mark...GO!"
i went out of the fight in the creek and went deeper into the woods. i saw the flag and walked foward. but then annabeth popped out of nowhere with her invisiblity cap. she and i started fighting, knife to sword. i carried her blade and she lunged. i dodged and led her deeper into the woods. she twisted her knife and my sword clattered to the ground. she had me had sword-point (or knife point?)
i held up my hands in defeat. heard cheers faintly from my side of the creek, and i smiled. but then the cheers came to this side of the creek, and annabeth smiled.
she put down her knife "athena always has a plan."
we went to the creek to see percy holding our flag.
snow walked over "it was quite the fight. percy against jason, i mean. both of them are really good fighters."
chiron stomped his hoof "blue side wins!" he announced
jason walked over and he was sweaty and cut all over "we'll get them next time."
i went to my cabin early while everyone was at campfire.
i was tired anyway, so i layed down and fell asleep.

in my dream i was at the gates where you have to go to in the underworld. it didnt look like it, it looked like chaos. souls were wandering in and out of everywhere. cerberus was barking like crazy. and the furies were flying around, lashing their whips. some things were on fire. a lot of people i reconized was wandering around, i saw one.
"bianca, whats wrong?" i asked her. she was frowning
"the doors of death have been opened, brother, souls are going in and out of the underworld. everything is wrong. father is trying his best, but everything is chaos here. the doors of death need to be closed, nico."
i nodded "i wont let you down, bianca."
but her eyes were pleading "no! it is too dangerous!"
"i'll be alright." i told her
she sighed "be safe." and i woke with a start

nico
chapter 2
something is wrong
(nico)

ever since i came to camp half blood last winter everyone li
over a year ago Wisegirl123 said…
smile
good job! Will you again post today as a new year's gift??? PLEASE???!!! I know its unlikely, but, still.
smile
Awesome!!! :)
big smile
I agree with wisegirl123, your story is irresistible.
actually, for new years tomorrow, would you want 2 chapters today? or 3 (or four, maybe) tomorrow?
plus if you want to see the other muses, go to my profile then go to my pics!
smile
chapter 3
we have pizza with dogs
(euterpe)

i knew something about jessica was different. i just didnt know how to put it.
"where are you from?" jessica asked again when we were eating pizza.
"i'm from a beautiful garden on a mountain and i have a lot of sisters." well, it was the truth. please dont remember, i thought, please.
"oh, thats nice. your lucky."
"why?" i asked
"well, my mom died and i was a only child. i've always got in trouble at every school i've been to. like one time we went to a zoo and lacy puckett pushed me down, then the glass to the exhibits shattered and a bunch of owls attacked her head. my dad loves me, but i always causes trouble. so who's your parents?"
"well, my dad is a...powerful guy. he..." what could i say? that my father is lord of the skies? and greek myth is real? she will think i'm crazy, anyways. i took a deep breath
"he's-" but then something black jumped out of nowhere. it growled and it looked like a dog, though it was the biggest dog in the world. it had really sharp teeth and it will probably be the last thing i see.
people screamed and ran away, few took pictures at a distance, some took out their phones and dialed something in.
"doggy!" a boy yelled
jessica backed up "what is that?"
"hellhound!" i yelled
it barked and lunged, but something held it back. vines-no tree roots. i heard music, not my music that my sisters played. the roots got tighter and tighter. then jessica threw a rock at it.
"whats a rock gonna do to a truck-sized dog?" i asked
she shrugged
the tree roots broke and it successfully lunged at us, no-at jessica. i did the craziest thing: i jumped on the hellhound's back.
"hold on!" hjessica yelled as she looked for something to kill it.
"to what?!" again, i heard the music and tree roots began to tie the hellhound down...again.
zeus, i thought, just one lightning bolt. please? please help. but no lightning, not even thunder.
the hellhound was about to break free of its hold when jessica threw a knife at him. the helhound exploded into dust and i fell to the ground, panting.
a boy walked up, he had curly hair and ragged clothes...but no pants. he had a shaggy behind and hooves.
"a sat-" but then i remembered, i'm not to be noticed yet.
he looked worried "i'm so sorry! i tried to help."
"wha-what are you?" jessica asked
"bla-ha-ha! i'm a satyr. half boy, half goat."
"whats going on?" she asked
"greek myths are real. i'm grover, and we need to go to a place called camp half blood."
"thank the gods." i whispered

grover?
chapter 3
we have pizza with dogs
(euterpe)

i knew something about jessica was different. i just
laugh
Cool..<3 so happy!!
smile
chapter 4
where should we go?
(snow)

i couldnt sleep that night, so i walked outside. sure, it was past curfew. but the good thing is that the harpies dont work here anymore (if you call eating kids past curfew "work")
i saw a shadow walking toward the big house. i followed, it was nico. he knocked on the door. chiron opened the door. he was in pajamas (in his horse form) and his tail was in curlers.
i stiffled a laugh
"nico, what is it?" he asked
"i had a dream, the underworld is in chaos: things on fire, cerberus going wild, furies lashing their whips trying to keep everything calm, souls wandering everywhere, going in and out of the underworld. i need a quest."
it was a while before chiron spoke "we will speak of this in the morning, good night." and chiron shut the door
nico looked worried, but he slowly walked back to his cabin, his hand going through his hair.
i sat on the ground. why is the underworld in chaos? what happened? i thought while my hand fiddled with my camp half blood necklace. percy's had a trident, a gold sheep skin, the moon, the labyrinth, and the empire state building. last winter they added a new bead: a snow flake representing the new daughter of poseidon that has snow powers. i only had that bead, but i knew there will be a new adventure this summer. there always is.

(percy)
'pery...' a voice said
i thought something real intelligent like "uh"
'percy, help.'
my dream shifted, i was in the woods. two girls were sleeping: one with curly brown hair and grey eyes, the other with straight blonde hair. she looked familiar, somehow. i noticed that she wasnt sleeping, she was playing a violin and singing a beautiful song.
i walked around for a while and found grover. he was sitting on a tree branch muttering something, a prayer of some kind.
"percy." he said he looked around and saw me.
"percy!"
"grover, whats wrong?" i asked
"i found two half bloods, well one doesnt really smell like a demigod but-"
"you mean those two sleeping back there?" i asked
"yes. i need a ride safly to camp."
"where are you?"
"californa."
"how about mrs. o'leary? she can shadow travel really fast."
he looked at me "dude, not cool. thats how i found them. they were fighting a hellhound."
"loners?" i asked
grover shook his head "no, they're new."
"ok, i'll think something up."
"thanks, man. now i have to go. bye!" grover said
"see you later." and with that, i woke up.

snowflake bead
chapter 4
where should we go?
(snow)

i couldnt sleep that night, so i walked outside. sure, it w
cool
That's a cool bead!!
i like it, too.
p.s. i have good pictures of new campers, but i need names. any ideas??
wow sound good
over a year ago NicoDiAngelo4 said…
that was really goood, love nico in it<3, and snow seems pretty cool, heheh cool. snow, hahaha didnt mean for that to happen.....ohh ummmm, alexa, caroline, macy, tori, (these are just names that i like)
Yeah that is a cool bead! And is jessica a daughter of Athena?
crying
aw man, i had a big chapter and it erased
oh no!!!!
crying
:( that's sad,
and I like the name Tori (nico mentioned it)
smile
chapter 5
i get a tattoo
(snow)

we had a meeting around the tennis ball table. everyone was silent as we waited for chiron. he walked in with nico and a worried look was on chiron's face.
"whats going on?" clarrise asked
"yea, as big-headed as clarrise is, she has a point." conner said
clarrise gave him a 'if looks could kill.' stare
nico looked at chiron, as if asking for permission, and chiron nodded
"the doors of death need to be closed." nico said
"doors of death?" jason said
"wasnt that in the prophecy?" piper said
"yes, 'and foes bear arms to the doors of death.'" will said
"but isnt it in the underworld?" leo said
"yes," chiron said "the doors of death were opened and they do need to be closed. the underworld is in chaos."
"why is it in chaos?" piper asked
"just look at the name," i said "'the doors of death.' its not 'the meadow of bunies.'"
"we need a quest, then!" annabeth said
"its going to be dangerous, really dangerous. hades himself is having trouble." nico said
"who would like to go?" chiron asked
everyone looked around, but no one spoke
"well, i'll let you all decide. if you need me i'll be in the arena." and chiron slowly walked out.
"well," clarrise said "i'm leaving."
everyone went and percy was the last one out, he was really quiet during the meeting
"percy, what's wrong?"
he hesitated "my satyr friend found half bloods and he needs to get safely back to camp, he's in californa. i wanted to go on the quest, but its dangerous."
"dont worry." i assured him "we'll find him."

i was restless that night.
'you did not kill me.' a voice kept saying.
'you only delayed the war.'
my dream was darkness, then i saw a woman. no, i thought, it cant be.
'you only delayed the war.' she said
gaea
'i shall overthrow the gods and kill every demigod! you did not defeat me, only delayed.'
then i was in a greek section in some kind of museum, it was familiar. it was empty except a woman in a tattered dress. she was muttering something and mixing colorful liquids that looked like potions.
medea said something in greek and i only hear a few words:
"voithísei tin ánodó tis"
help her rise. smoked poured from the potions and medea chanted things in latin and greek.
'i do not like spies.' gaea's voice was in my head again
medea didnt see me and didnt hear gaea. the image melted into darkness.
'i will destroy you and your puny friends.' gaea spoke, but all i saw was darkness
why me? i thought, why does gaea hate me? i didnt do anything to annyone
as if reading my thoughts, she spoke.
'because you are more powerful. yes, jason and perseus are strong, but you are worth more," she chided "i shall overthrow the gods and rule this earth. i will kill everyone who is in my way. i am rising, and when i do, the gods will be in tartarus and the world will be in flames. and i shall kill you and your puny friends. and now i will show you that you are a daughter of that weak sea god.' and the darkness got blacker as my wrist burned. it felt like someone was burning me.
i screamed as i heard gaea's voice again
'and now i will show you that you are a daughter of that weak sea god.' she repeated 'i am rising, and when i do, the gods will be in tartarus and the world will be in flames.'
i screamed again. go away, i thought, i destroyed you once and i'll do it again.
'i will kill everyone that is in my way.' gaea's voice faded, but the pain in my wrist did not subside. i screamed, finally breaking through the last of the darkness, my eyes fluttering open.

"snow?" someone asked, nico. wait, nico? what was he doing here? i looked around. i was on a couch in the big house, nico, jason, annabeth, percy, and chiron were around me.
"are you alright?" nico asked
"what happened?"
i only had enough breath to say one word:
"gaea."
jason turned to chiron "she cant be that powerful already, can she?"
"no, but she is rising. we did not totally defeat her."
"but why her?" annabeth asked
"yea," percy cut in "i thought everyone in the greek world hated me."
i told them about my dream (more likly, nightmare) except for the one sentence she had said that made me feel uneasy:
'now i will show you that you are a daughter of that weak sea god.'
why had she said that? what did she mean?
"well, i was afraid this would happen," chiron said "come on. let nymphadora rest."
they said good night and left. as soon as i was alone, i looked at my wrist. there was a blue-green trident burnt into my skin. now i know why gaea told me that, she burnt my father's trident into my skin: now i will show you that you are a daughter of that weak sea god. perfect, i thought, another great adventure.

snow's tattoo (sorry if this chapter sucked, i had to rewrite it)
chapter 5
i get a tattoo
(snow)

we had a meeting around the tennis ball table. everyone was sile
smile
@nicodiangelo thanks for the names
@wisegurl ok, i'll use tori :)
@poseidon i geuss you'll have to wait and see...but yea, its kinda obvious
that was really good, and ur welcome!! and thats kinda funny cuz a really good friend of mine's name is tori (victoria, but we call her tori) hahaha so now ill be seeing her name=]
smile
i know how u feel. the names jessica and katherine in this story were my best friends before i moved a few months ago they were twin sisters so i put their names in my story! i do miss them
ohmehgawds! im sorryy =[[ my friend charlie just moved to manhatten. i told him to go to the empire state bulding for me=] and even though u just posted, when are u going to post agin=] hehe im impatient
smile
i dont know, i might later tonight if im in the mood, i still have christmas vacation but school starts in two days so i'll post once a day when school starts
p.s. do what color hair do you want the tori character to have?
smile
what color hair do you peoples want tha tori character to have? greek or roman? daughter of who? i'll try to get new characters in!
(if you want to see my choices, go to my pics!)
laugh
I think she should have light brown hair( with highlights), and roman, and daughter of hades
smile
Or if not Pluto then venus
smile
ill see what i can do, i got some pics on my profile that might be good characters
victoria daniels?
(tori)
victoria daniels?
(tori)
alexa jones
alexa jones
seth laws
seth laws
niki greene
niki greene
just some thoughts of new characters
love the charecters (especially tori) cant wait till ya post again. andd school starts 2marrow=[[[[ i dont want to go!!
ya, school starts tomorrow for me too, so i wont post twice a day (sometimes) anymore
p.s. working on chapter 6!
yay!!! cant wait<333
not about school; that can definately wait!!! i meant the nwe chappie
smile
chapter 6
we visit dinosaur land
(jessica)

i was taking this all in as grover led us to somewhere unkown. half bloods, monsters, gods?? i knew about them, but how was all of this real? i remembered the times when my dad told me the myths about gods: the time when hermes stole from apollo, when hera threw hepheastus of olympus, the affair thing between aphrodite and ares/hepheastus, but what intrigued me most was the stories of all the goddesses. artemis was so strong, giving up men. hestia was so grateful, giving her throne to dionysus. athena was so wise, speaking the truth. i mean, yea, aphrodite was beautiful but my dad said that aphrodite was more than that.
it was getting dark out, so we set up camp.
"where are we?" i asked
grover looked at the sign "a trailer park in alpine. they call it dinosaur land because people think they see a kind of dinosaur that still exists, but all they see around here are monsters." he told us
katherine volunteered to search for firewood.
"i'm gonna see if there's a creek nearby." i told grover
there was a nearby forest so i looked for food. i didnt go too far, only a few yards. i took off my backpack and dumped out all my school books. i'm not gonna need them anyway. i kept walking when i bumbed into a tree. i was so tired i didnt know where i was going. i looked at it more closely.
an apple tree! i picked as many as i could and kept walking. after a few minutes i heard a whooshing sound. i looked into my pack. i sometimes kept trash in my backpacks for some reason and forget about it, especially water bottles.
"aha!" i took out three water bottles and walked toward the sound. it was a small waterfall. i filled the water bottles and stuffed them into my backpack.
i began to walk happily to the trailer park when i heard a a noise, the ground rumbeling.
"JESSICA!" i heard katherine yell
my walk turned into a run.
i reached the trailer park as fast as i could to find some of the trailers in flames. grover and jessica were fighting a woman monster, she had brass hands, sharp fangs and "hair" made of living snakes.
i remembered the myths about her, she was the daughter of Phorcys and Ceto, she was born in the caverns beneath Mount Olympus. She and her sister Euryale were immortal while the third sister, Medusa, was mortal.Of the three Gorgons, she was known to be the most independent and ferocious, having killed more men than both of her sisters combined. (that part scared me a little.) she was stheno the gorgon.
i took out the knife i found at the pizza parler that killed the hellhound. i kept it strapped to my ankle right under my pant leg, where no one would notice it.
grover took his pack over his shoulder (which i've never noticed before) and opened it. he pulled out a bow and arrow and tossed it to katherine.
"i am the great stheno and i shall kill you!" she showed us her ugly, yellow sharp teeth.
"nasty," grover said. she growled in rage and lunged. we jumped out of the way just in time and katherine shot arrows at her. grover kept throwing tin cans at her and i tried to stab her every opening i saw.
i got tired and threw my knife at her. it hit her in the arm and she howled in rage. she shot a column of flames at us.
"aw, come on!" katherine yelled as we rolled out of the way. there were holes in my clothes that were smoldering with fire. i quickly tried to put them out. she lunged at us again with her very sharp teeth and almost caught grover in the leg.
i couldnt do anything because my knife was in her fat arm. katherine shot an arrow in stheno's stomach and she roared, but thankfully dissappeared.
"that wasnt pleasnt." i muttered as i got my breath
"its ok," grover said as her got up "someone will come and get us soon."
"what are you doing here?" a small voice said. a girl walked out of the shadows, she was small and had petite features. her voice sounded like bells. her eyes were cloudy, but looked like they could be a beautiful color.
"hello," grover said carefully, as if not to scare her "i'm grover, this is katherine and jessica. whats your name?"
she didnt answer "whats going on? where did the gorgon come from? and why is everything on fire?"
"do you now what you are?" grover asked
the girl looked down "a girl who ran away."
"greek myths ares real." grover said
"thats why i keep seeing monsters, but what am i?"
"half god, half mortal."
she walked foward cautiously "my name is tori, victoria daniels." she held out her hand, grover shook it.
"follow us, we need to go to somewhere safe." he said
katherine interrupted "ok, i would advise us to leave before miss nice comes back."
"yea," i said "i agree. lets go."
tori nodded and smiled

sorry if its bad but i had to rewrite it again, hope you like it! (remember katherine is euterpe!!)
tori
chapter 6
we visit dinosaur land
(jessica)

i was taking this all in as grover led us to somewher
laugh
Cool nice chapter I just got back from shopping so in really happy:) :) ( but sad cuz school starts tomarrow:( )
im not that sad cuz i miss my friends at school
who would you people like to see on the quest????? cuz there are a LOT of characters. wait! i have an idea! maybe the other camp has a quest too???
hmmm nico!!! sorry i love him<3 (not literally but yeah) luh-ved the chapter especially tori!!!
cool your doing great!!1