The Hunger Games Anyone else find the end of Mockingjay disapointing?

team_mags04 posted on Dec 12, 2010 at 08:16PM
I like the way the actual story ended, just not the book. Like, it just sorta ended with Katniss loving Peeta and they have babies? Oh and I am by no means team Gale, but I really hate how he just up and leaves to go District 2? Anybody else feel the same way ?!
save

The Hunger Games 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago hayleyjade1997 said…
hmmm
The thing that made me hate the third book was how most of the characters died. It pissed me off, since the deaths were not made to be that important, just a way to fix problems. And the end was quite depressing as a whole... very emotional stuff to deal with there. Not for the kiddies thats for sure :/ And Gale was a bit of a noob, so no suprises there. But it was bad that he just left his supposed best friend when she had lost some really important people in her life. I mean c'mon Gale, man up!!
over a year ago BubblesGoPop said…
crying
I didn't like the ending coz in the 1st Hunger Games Prim was chosen but Katniss took her place so Prim wouldn't die. In the end all she went through was just a waist of time. So technically the whole purpose of Katniss entering the Hunger Games was useless.
over a year ago Arissa1422 said…
I actually loved the Prim reason, the irony about it. And that is what makes it so tragic. But real. Same with the all the deaths. Not everyone is going to have this super important death, Collins was making the book real. And that is why it was great. Sure it was depressing at some points, but the realness of all of the books is what is amazing. And why i loved the books
over a year ago bhause said…
The end was too depressing. Should have ended like this:
1 - Gale + Katniss maried with kids
2 - Pita, the eloquent hunger games celebrity and war hero runs for president and wins.
3 - Katnis kills Coin exactly as happened in the book (This was the best scene in the series!)
4 - Prim does not die.
5 - Katniss does not vote for more hunger games! What's up with that???
over a year ago bhause said…
On the other hand it was a happy ending for Pita. He fought for the woman he loved and won her love in the end. He's married to her and has two great kids. So he has a flashback once in a while, who doesn't right? All, in all I think it's clear that at least Pita (and his children) will live happily ever after unless Suzanne Collins decides to write a fourth book and ruin that.
over a year ago afailname said…
crying
I found it sad i cryed when prim died.And what was up with voting for the hunger games thing, i thought she would say no for it...