The Hunger Games Peeta or Gale?

runda99 posted on Oct 19, 2008 at 04:47PM
SPOILER ALERT!!! DONT READ UNLESS YOU'VE READ THE BOOK!

This should be interesting, as I myself am having an internal struggle between this. So clearly Peeta has fallen for Katniss, but she doesn't feel the same way... why? Well I think it is obvious that near the end of the book she admits to herself what she has been ignoring with excuses such as "hunting partner" and "competition" nonsense.. the fact that she loves Gale. And of course she says that he has no interest in them and it shocks her because all the girls want him... well that can mean one thing... THAT GALE LOVES HER TOO!

So I made it obvious that I am for the whole Gale-Katniss roller-coaster ride because they already get along so well and I think they need each other.. however I won't deny that I had softened up a lot toward Peeta when the competition of the Games got fierce. He truly seems to love her and he was honest about liking her all along... so where does this leave Katniss? What should she do?

I tend to change my mind a lot... and I still have until next September when Book II comes out, but for now I will take my stance, I am Team Gale.

The Hunger Games 833 replies

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 801-833 of 833

over a year ago THG123 said…
Lol sorry to ruin the moment. Actually that's what I thought you would do, but am glad you didn't ;)
Congrats you're the 800th post. Hope I didn't ruin it.
Well Happy Holidays! And may the odds of getting an extremely expensive gift be ever in your favor. (Sorry couldn't help it.)
over a year ago silver93 said…
Maybe I'll get some coal. You know, they turn into pearls!
over a year ago jennabug121 said…
I'm getting a bow and arrow set!.....random haha :)
over a year ago yazie20 said…
reallyyy?
over a year ago jennabug121 said…
yep! And it shoots soooooooo far!
over a year ago Arissa1422 said…
Silver93, you last post made me laugh out load!
Effie is definitely one of my favorite characters. I love when they were picking at her in the cave.
Oh i know, that part made me smile
over a year ago Primrose8297 said…
ikr! effie's awesome. i like her awesome hair!
I hope Kristen Chenowedth plays her.
over a year ago teamsalvatore98 said…
Gale, definately.
have you read all the books?
over a year ago BiiibBatman said…
big smile
I am team Peeta for the begging of the first book because he`s sooo cute[I love blonde guys xD] and he`s sensible,not like Gale.
So I`m team Peeta but I still like Gale verry much.
I imagine Peeta like this:
I am team Peeta for the begging of the first book because he`s sooo cute[I love blonde guys xD] and h
I agree Kristen Chenowedth would be perfect for Effie!
I don't know about Mitch Hewer as Peeta, I see him more of as a Jace Wayland.
She's interested in the part, so hopefully she'll be able to try out.
over a year ago Me_Iz_Here said…
Team Peeta ATW!
over a year ago BubblesGoPop said…
heart
Ever since the start of the book I wanted it to be Peeta and Katniss. But in Mocking Jay when Peeta forgot all about Katniss and started trying to kill her I started to change my mind. But in the epilogue I thought it was just right with Peeta and Katniss!!!!!!!!
over a year ago Emil5634 said…
big smile
I have only read the first book, waiting to get the 2. but anyway I still love Peeta, and think he's so cute and loverble! I dont know that much about Gale, but to me he seems cold and distant? Well, no matter what I would love Katniss (who in mtý book is called Kattua) and Petta (same name) together!!!! Peeta <3 Katniss 4-ever!
You should follow shipping. It's a lot more meaningful than teams. Katniss and Peeta's name is breadshipping, and Gale and Peeta is survivalshipping.
over a year ago I_Love_Cullen said…
heart
GALE!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago veronicaaa said…
PETTA el es lindo,adorable,tierno,protector,valiente y me encanta el sueño de toda chica
over a year ago GnomeOnAHill said…
There are Team Gale or Team Peeta shirts at this website ... link .... not sure if anyone is interested.
There are Team Gale or Team Peeta shirts at this website ... http://skreened.com/strbrstsandpltycrns
over a year ago Rustyfireheart said…
I like Gale. He's not a brat like Peeta. :(
over a year ago MilkReader said…
heart
Gale was sweet and nice in the first book, but got kinda dark during the second book. In the third, he went mean and I think that was why Katniss chose Peeta. Gale was rough. My opinion.
Now Peeta was weak to me in the first book, but then got stronger in emotion and speech( only emotion and speech). The third book made me think he was hiding that anger inside of himself and got stronger because the Capitol brainwashed him of his love of Katniss.
I am Team Peeta, but if there were more books, Gale would've had a chance.
over a year ago katnissloves12 said…
heart
i think they look cute together peeta and katniss
i think they look cute together peeta and katniss
over a year ago CriCriCri said…
hmmm
I don't like Gale so much.I prefer Peeta
over a year ago LokiLover678 said…
I Realy can't deside is their a team both?
over a year ago dogsrule45 said…
heart
You guys have it all wrong!!!!!!! If Gale really loved Katniss he wouldn't have given up and left her he would have kept trying like Peeta!!!! Instead he left her for a job at the end of the third book!!!! Peeta and Katniss belong together. Gale doesn't understand Katniss like Peeta does!!!!! I love Peeta he's amazing all you haters don't know what your talking about!!!! Dont hate on the player hate on the game!!!!! I love you Peeta!!!!!
over a year ago ASoftLullaby said…
Finnick!
over a year ago katiemac620 said…
Dogsrule45 gale "gave up" because he saw that katniss had chosen to be with peeta and needed to move on. Gale is soooooooooooo much better for katniss and she clearly loves him. If it wasn't for the hunger games peeta wouldn't have had the guts to tell katniss how he feels about her and if it wasn't for katniss int the arena peeta would have died for sure. TEAM GALE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!
over a year ago hgfan5602 said…
Peeta- he's actually the only guy in the book who has a heart and is really compassionate about things.
over a year ago TJoshifer said…
smile
I personally think that Peeta is the better husband. He is very soft, carrying, loving etc. gale on the other hand has a very wildfire personality like Katniss; they are better off as friends that husband and wife. Because if they are husband and wife they will just bounce of each other.

I'm not on either Team Peeta or Gale because they are both nice fanfic guys in their own ways. Ps to all those Gale haters, piss off and leave the poor man alone.
Anyways back to the problem, Gale and Peeta are both great in their own ways. I personally like both. But its really not my choice who she is suppossed to be with.

Just take it in mind.
over a year ago j_culture29 said…
PEETA!!!