The Heroes of Olympus The Son of Neptune

HecateA posted on Oct 28, 2010 at 12:36AM
So once again you guys have the opportunity to get in my head of what I think the next HoO book RR blesses us with will look like.

Before I start you peoples off, I need to say something.
So shush and listen.

When I wrote "The Lost Hero, written by me", I had to guess who the parents were. Well now, I know. So I am following Rick Riordan's version of the characters. Piper has nothing to do with Persephone, Jason and Thalia are siblings and Camp Ceasar Salad is real. For my series of fanfics, I'm following my version of the characters, but here, Rick's versions rule. Get it?

Title: The Son of Neptune
Rating: C
Type: Adventure, friendship, hopefully humor, maybe a touch of romance
Characters: Add, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Drew, Leo, Jake, Nyssa
OC personalities: Reyna, Dakota, Hazel, Gwen, Bobby, Caleb
OC: The Gayle brothers, Karren
Synopsis: After discovering a new world, not so far from their own, Jason and his friends are sailing straight for it, unsure wheter they'll come out victorious or just start a civil war. But it doesn't take the arrival of a flying boat to get the citizens curious. They already sence something is wrong, way before the flying ship docks.

Disclaimer: The story base, character and settings base was created by Rick Riordan, who owns the Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and Heroes of Olympus rights.

A/N: Hopefully you guys will like it! I got some very nice comments on my random wall poll, so here it is guys! Love you all, you rock!

The Rebel Soldier's debut: link

The Honour in Death's debut: link

The Fire's Revenge's debut: link

Part Two's debut: link
So once again you guys have the opportunity to get in my head of what I think the next HoO book RR bl
last edited on Jul 29, 2011 at 10:13PM

The Heroes of Olympus 3419 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1251-1300 of 3419

over a year ago blakerose12 said…
big smile
I agree Percy should show the romans how powerful he really is!!!!!!
over a year ago TheSloppySatyr said…
heart
<3 <3 <3
over a year ago beckondorf12 said…
@The sloppy satyr
I think you may be new, but you shouldn't spam on this story, and will <3 <3 <3 could be considered spam, you should probably but story at the end, that'll make it better.
over a year ago lebowitzso said…
big smile
I love the story just the way it is. What I really want to know is what will be everyone's reaction when they finally learn Add's name, because I love his name. PERCY! Love the twist with Reyna using a greek sword.
over a year ago phippi2 said…
smirk
Finally people who agree! And do you think that Percy's powers are more impressive than Jason's?
Oh yeah, I don not think that RR's original version of this story could beat Hecate's.
wink
Percy's powers are way more impressive than Jason's for sure. I think everybody hopes in RR's version that Percy will totally kick Roman butt. I am also really unsure that his story will be better than yours, Hectate. U have a major gift! U really should be a writer when you grow up! Don't u guys agree?
over a year ago TheMagicWord said…
laugh
I completely agree and @ jessie147 Hecate posts on Fridays and sometimes/usually on Tuesday's.
wink
Thanks for siding with me, lebowitzso!
Thanks for the info, TheMagicWord!
over a year ago ThaliaGrace8 said…
heart
Ur writing is amazing!!!
And i. Was just wondering, r u still posting every friday?
over a year ago GreekRULES515 said…
big smile
AWESOME you shud RLY publish this I MEAN IT ur just as good as rick R.
Do you like The red Pyramid? Just wondering....

I LUV UR CHAPTERS

p.s. i was trying to watch the Oscars and read your chapters dont try that
cake
Did you know that when HecateA wrote the first chapter on my B-Day? What an awesome present!
over a year ago crazypegesus980 said…
laugh
That was great
cant wait for that battle
i thought that Percy wouldnt be able to get a black eye.

@phippi accept my friend thingy
@ThaliaGrace8, I believe posting days are Fridays and usually Tuesdays.
What do you mean crazypegesus980? And if you tell me what it is I'll accept you.
over a year ago AnnabethPotter said…
smile
Wow, awesome chapter ending. :) Sorry I haven't commented in a while, life is busy. :( Anyways, thanks once again for being such an awesome writer. U make my Fridays much more exciting :D
zzz
night
over a year ago magicgirl123 said…
^^ Dont you mean Monday???? That's what tomarro is here......
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago redhawks said…
angry
OK I GO TO BED AND I WAKE UP AND THERE IS THREE NEW PAGES! COMMON GUYS! NO SPAMMING! DO YOU WANT HECATE TO STOP?!?!? NO! I DON'T THINK SO! I'm NOT sorry if this sounds mean! I understand that some of you are new here, but you older people are spammming to! GUYS! STOP SPAMMING!

NEW RULE

You comment on the story ONCE. Then wait for the next chapter. If you have something else to say then go over to the forum Son of Neptune(COMMENTS). GOT IT?
over a year ago dragonsaphira said…
big smile
Oh my gods HecateA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was so tense the whole chapter. It's amazing!!!!!!!!
There was this HUGE build up of atmosphere and- OH MY GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago sugarcubes28 said…
mischievous
wow..... am i late 2 this party or what?
anyway..... i sooooo totes loved how reyneya(IK im a bad speller) used a greek sword!!!!!! soooooo goooood!!!!!! MUST DO MY INFAMOUS CRY OF HAPPINESS!!!!!! Walkady Walkady Walkady Walkady DOO DOO!!!!!!

P!S! (post script):if percy was invincible (IK my spelling sux) how did he get a black eye?

WOW..... this is a really long comment!!!!! well..... BYE!!!!!!
angry
SHE ISN'T GOING TO POST! Phippi2, I am speaking directly to you. STOP YOUR FREAKING SPAM. In case you haven't picked up on this I AM HECATE'S RIGHT HAND MAN(woman whatever) YOU NEED TO STOP YOUR EFFIN SPAMMING. She has her own plot and is NOT going to take suggestions.

FOLLOW THE RULE. NEXT TIME YOU SPAM, ASK FOR HER TO POST, OR GIVE SUGGESTIONS ON THIS FORUM I WILL BE REPORTING IT. If you have suggestion visit the forum The Son Of Neptune(COMMENTS). Geddit?

phippi2: i wish that too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I try to login everday to see if she did post early.................

(HecateA: hint^^^; post soon)
big smile
Jeez.....it took me a while to finishthat story.....Well, anyways amazing job! It was really good! I loved it!

Now, magicgirl....please don't respond to anything tha phippi2 says. It will make him/her spam more. This goes for everyone.

SHE WILL NOT POST UNLESS IT IS FRIDAY, TUESDAY(FOR ISHIES), OR HOLIDAYS! If you beg her then she WIILL NOT post.
over a year ago lamy221 said…
blush
redhawks u are spamming as much as phippi2..... just wanted you to know. i love this story!! alot! you should become an auther....
over a year ago sylviakitty348 said…
@eldenari17 , i totally agree with you, Percy should seriously bust a move and go hurricane-earthquake-tons-of-gallons-of-wa­ter mode on Jace! the Romans need to see who their messing with! and i am also slightly confused, Percy cant have a black eye, Jack's fist should have bruised at least; i mean, Percy has the curse of Achilles, thats not supposed to be possible... otherwise, CANT WAIT!
over a year ago wolf-lover-0611 said…
zzz
"Please read this, and read it carefully. If you have something to add to your previous comment, click on the grey pencil and add (no pun intended) to it. Please think before you type. If your comment is not
-A question/ answer
-Constructive critisism (I need to see some of that, guys)
-Praise (:D)
-suggestions for names or others

I suggest you keep it to yourself and add it to your next comment, or post on hecates personal wall"

this is Hecate's definition of what is spam (it was on page 14)

I know that you have written over 300 pages for Rebel Soldier, but in reference, how far do you think that you have written? Are you halfway through, 2/3's, almost done, done?--how many chapters have you written so far?

what ever happened with the parts about Lark and the ghosts, I know they are headed to the underworld, but we have not seen them (the others that went with lark) for a while...

How do you classify chapters as ishies? Do you feel that they are not as good? or is it something else?

Was it my imagination or did the timeline jump forward several months in the Roman Camp?wasn't it february a few chapters ago, and now it is June?----hey i've never claimed not to be crazy ;)

Wolf-lover-0611
over a year ago charlierw said…
sad
ok so i have been so wrapped up in partyponies story i needed to catch up on this one amazing as always pleez no offense but ur my second fav take it as a complement. redhawks chill down u get angry at everybody ur annoying by posting the same message when a new person joins even though they have seen earlier posts about the same thing most of ur comments are spam and spam has nothing to do with the topic so predictions of what rr will do is NOT spam no offens but u need to chill down im not tryin to be mean

charlierw
over a year ago charlierw said…
angry
add to that [no pun intended] im also add adhd i get hyper and that means on internet too so i post about bieng bored on party ponies but i stopped but its hard to control it u try having a learning disibility but love to read its hard its hard to do altot of things so lay off a little

charlirw p.s. im also dylexic a little in math yay im a demigod
cloudy
Hey. Thanks for helping me! I erased some of my unnessisary comments. I really can not understand why it is a big deal. Anyway, I'll try to do better and erase any unnessisary comments.
blush
Hey Hectate, in case we have been spamming, we're all sorry. The main idea is that we want to read your story because it is soooo incredibley awsome! Can't wait for the next chapter! LUV IT!
over a year ago jessie0147 said…
^^True. Sorry this is like my second comment but I need to say somthing. We are probably ALL sorry that we have been trying to rush you or have been posting to much on your stories. We just really like them and are big fans!
Thanks for the stories! Your fan,Jessie0147
over a year ago goddessoflife said…
big smile
Wow, it took me a while to get around to reading this, but WOW. That was amazing, Hecate! Can't wait for the next book!!!
~goddessoflife~
over a year ago HecateA said…
smile
@Partypony – Very good predictions, well thought out.
@babytreegrowth- We get Smartboards! Like Athena cabin!
@tracytracy200 – Not planning on it. My name might not be catchy but it could be worst. It’s part of who I am so meh.
@BILE69 – From page 266 down I’ve written it with quotation marks, around when I started hearing about them.
@orpher – The Stupido Squad is Jace, Jack and Jake Gayle, Brent and Philip sons of Mars and a few other demigods, not Dakota, Hazel, Bobby etc.
@eldenari17 - *points at phippi2’s comment*
@phippi2 – When Rick’s version comes out you’ll be swallowing your words, this is fanfic, his will be better researches, planned and written.
@GreekRULES – Yes I do, I’m planning on going to the bookstore right on the third to get the new book. (new book in the Kane Chronicles “The Throne of Fire” is out on the third btw, sample chapters are up and all)
@red – I second that new rule. You post once and come back on Friday or check on Tuesday. Also, if you want to add something that is addressed to me, write a new comment because I don’t re-read comments unless I’m in a bad mood. If it’s not to me, well a) no idea why it’d be posted here, but b) edit it in your last comment.¸
@sugarcubes – I love your cry!
@phippi2 – Look at my notes on the bottom, kay?
@Wolf-lover – Almost done. Right now I’m at 378 (O_O) and I could make it to 400 quite easily which scares me. Lark did NOT drop dead, but they aren’t getting anywhere very fast because the few underworld children they had going for them took on a HUGE task. Nothing’s happening, but her ghost bud, Flint, is still with her. Ishies are chapters that are usually short or that aren’t important to the plot. For example you didn’t need to know exactly how things went down in the house when Evan died, or how the twins found out their mom was getting married. But it just makes it that much better, so I post them. And yup, time warp because we’d be here until September if I wrote down all the fights between times.
@charlierw – None taken! I’m glad you’ve found other talented writers because there are a LOT out there. Recently I’ve been getting a start on the Somewhat Less Important Chronicles of Elle Trick which I can’t believe I haven’t found sooner *smacks forehead*
@jessie - Thanks!

@To those of you who say sometimes you post because you get hyper on the Internet for any reason – Here’s a trick my friends use; try your personal walls, or the Random spot. The random spot takes anything from anybody and your personal wall is your personal wall.
@everybody who's worrying about Jack Gayle going wacko - Mm-hmm
@everybody who's worrying about Reyna and her trick with the Xiphos - That'll get explained, I didn't forget.
@everybody who's been freaking out about the black eye - Deap breaths people, it'll get explained.

First, let me remind you of redhawks’ job. Red is my second. She has my permission to post comments anytime to remind people to stop spamming. More than once I’m the one asking her to post something, so consider red my second voice. So if red’s not happy with the spamming, I’m not happy with the spamming and she has made it more than clear what happens when I’m not happy with the spamming. And she has admitted to me that her comment might’ve been pushy, but if you think so it’s because you have frustrated her with spam. If you really need to say something, random spot or your personal wall. And red does say in her comments “not meant to be rude”. And just be glad that I’m the writer and she’s the second; not the other way around ;P

Spam is easy. 2 comments in a row or many short comments. Not only does it annoy me but it also takes up space. If you JUST got a fanpop account and you want to read this, isn’t it hard to have to pass 4 pages of comments to get to the next chapter? If people spammed more, we’d het 8 pages. Before the book came out the small group of members here were really strict on no-spam. Things have gone a little downhill with all the new fans and we’re just trying to bring it back to what it was (not that we don’t love having new people here, but we’re serious). This week I was like “whoa!” and I didn’t want to post. But I’ve had a long day and a bad yesterday (I experienced my second snow day this –which I was forced to attend-, my theatre class got cancelled and today I experienced being locked out of your own house until someone else from your family shows up. Let’s just say my butt’s still cold.) so I decided to make it up with somebody being happy. And today is a very special day so I had to.
No I am not talking about Justin Bieber.
It is… Ron Weasley’s birthday!!! Whoo! So anyways, happy birthday Ron!

June 21st: Past Lake Michigan
Jason Grace
And the list of evil-winged-princesses-in-Greek-mythology just got shorter!
The boat was cruising through the sky and it was all good until we spotted a black cloud. This thing was huge! Bigger than the forum and so thick and grey it might have been solid. Thalia got up and looked at it besides me.
-That’s not normal. She said.
-Go figure. Leo said.
-Shut up Valdez. Thalia snapped back, eyes on the cloud.
-Are storm clouds usually that big? Karen asked. I looked up at the cloud in question. We were wrapped in them, grey and thick, I could feel[i] the electricity and rain swarming in them. The one Leo was pointing at was huge, the size of Olympus! The electron and atoms in it were so full of electricity; they could kill everyone on board twice, except for 2. Thalia and I looked at each other, she sensed it too. Magic clouds.
-No. How about we go around this one, Leo? Thalia asked.
-Agreed. Leo took Annabeth’s place and got us to put down the sail to catch wind. I willed wind down to push the boat away from the cloud.
-Jason… Thalia said. I looked where she was, at the cloud and my head started hurting, worst then when all the memories had come back. Worst then any head ache I’d ever gotten. Thalia fell to her knees.
-Thalia, what is it? Phoebe asked helping her back to her feet. I held onto the side of the boat so tight my knuckles turned white.
-That cloud… I said. I looked up at it as white spots danced across my vision. I could make out another black mass coming from the cloud, like another cloud before I passed out.

Lou Ellen Spellcast
The black cloud coming out of the storm cloud wasn’t another cloud, I realised. It was a swarm of something. I readied my hands for magic, but they were sweeping down on the ship.
-HIT THE DECK! Someone yelled. We did. Little claws hit at my hair and neck. I didn’t dare look up in case they attacked my eyes. When the last of the shrieking sound accompanying them wore off I looked up at what the swarm was made of. My heart sank a little when I saw them. What the hundreds of little bodies were…
Bats.
-Are those bats? Valdez asked.
-Yeah. I said my voice an octave higher.
-Bats in Greek mythology anyone? Piper asked. But we stopped paying attention to the bats. Thalia and Jason were both super weak. Annabeth was checking their pulses and temperature.
-Their pulses are both abnormally high, something about that storm cloud is overwhelming them. Annabeth asked.
-Jason, what is it? Piper asked, kneeling between both of them.
-I don’t know… Ask Thalia, she’s older… He said breathless. He had a look that meant the world was looking fuzzy for him.
-Revelio! I yelled, my hand towards at the cloud. Nothing was revealed.
-Thalia… Thalia… Piper tried to shake Thalia awake.
-Ambrosia, someone! She called. Karen passed her a canteen. She trickled some ambrosia over Thalia’s mouth, then Jason. Jason blinked and the world seemed to focus.
-Owe, what happened? He asked.
-You nearly passed out. Piper said helping him up.
-Why? He asked. What’s wrong with Thalia?
-She passed out completely, bro. Leo said.
-Don’t worry she’s fine, Annabeth said. She’s more sensible to that cloud, she’s older after all.
-What was the swarm about? Karen asked as we watched it disappear in the distance.
-Bats. From the cloud. Phoebe said.
-Should be check that cloud out? Leo asked from the bar.
-No, we have a more important job. Nico said.
-I agree. As curious as I am, I agree. Annabeth said. Everybody else muttered an agreement. Leo steered the boat towards the cloud.
-Leo we said no! Piper said.
-Guys, this ain’t really my choice, we’re getting [i]sucked
in! Leo said. We immediately rushed to put down the sail and Annabeth went to change the wing’s angle or something, and set the oars. All at once, they did move a lot of air… I tried to help with a propulsion charm and Jason was creating winds to move the boat. His knees bucked from the effort, but we all hung in there. But it was useless.
In the cloud, it was misty like ‘Frisco. We couldn’t see anything. I heard Annabeth coming back on deck.
-Hands on your weapons and stay where you are! She said. There was a deep laugh.
-No need to worry daughter of Athena. A voice said. The mist cleared and I nearly had a heart attack. We were in a huge throne room. The ceiling was so high I couldn’t have even started to tell you how. Yellow and sky blue drapes hung from one wall to another, and the floor was marble. We were still in the boat, which’d landed by itself on the floor. A man was sitting in a throne, which floated on a cloud at our level.
He was on the big and ripped side. His hair was pitch black, short enough, and curly. His eyes were sky blue and I thought whoa, because I recognised them. He wore a simple suit and I’ll just say it straight out, he looked like Zeus. We all looked at him. The man got up- damn he was tall!
-I am Ouranos. He said. Annabeth looked at him wide-eyed.
-You’re Gaia’s husband then. Annabeth said.
Oh… Ouch… Husband-of-Gaia interrupts mission-to-destroy Gaia. Not good, not good!
I raised my spell hand (I don’t like wands so I channel spells through my hand).
-If you’re so familiar with the myth, young hero, you would know she convinced my son to destroy me. Think of her as my ex. He said.
-Question, Kronos sliced you up into a million pieces. Why are you here? I asked.
-Things are stirring, coming back. He said. Nico, Jason, Phoebe, Annabeth and I looked at each other and freaked out.
-Kronos! We all said at once.
-No, the filthy little back stabber is still in Tartarus, too deep for Gaia to even want to try and save him.
-Isn’t it more like back slicer? Leo said. We all looked at him.
-Sorry Mr Ouranos sir, carry on. He said.
-Thank you. If you want to defeat Gaia, you need to know one thing: she lies. She lies and fools everyone around her.
-Umm, we sort of knew that.
-Then just be reminded. She set the gods against her by lying to them; she set me against her by her bitter betrayal.
-Sir, we know the myth, why remind us? Jason said. He looked up at Ouranos. Their eyes were exactly the same. Ouranos was the sky; Jason was the sky lord’s kid. Made… sense I guess… Compared to everything else it made incredible sense, but so did flying boats so really…
-The fates forbid direct interference.
-Oh great, why don’t you remind Gaia of that? Leo said.
-She is the root of the problem, just like the mountain is the root of Olympus. You have already more help than the fates allow usually.
-Who? Nobody’s helping us! Hephaestus helped a little before the boat was stolen; Hera and Hestia took care of the set up…
-But now it’s just you, is that it?
-Yes! We protested. Wow, we sounded whinny but the gods going around saying “this is the most difficult quest any demigod has ever undergone” and “it will be hard, sacrifices will have to be made” while sitting on Olympus wasn’t exactly helpful.
-It’s better that way. If the gods were to help diplomacy prevail, it wouldn’t be real, now would it? You have to accomplish this on your own. You set each other against one other, you have to fix it. The child of Hephaestus understands this. We looked at Leo.
-Heh… He said it like “heh” was a question. Idiot Valdez.
-Deep down you do. Now accomplish your mission, I can guarantee you safety against the elements for your journey, the wind will do you favours. Ouranos said.
-Thank you sir. Jason said. He bowed and so did Phoebe. Roman thing.
The boat was back in the skies now.
-What was that supposed to mean? I asked. We systematically looked at Annabeth.
-I have no idea. She said.
-Well it’s why Thalia and Jason freaked out. His presence was overwhelming, as you know, the sky. Piper said.
-I guess. Will she wake up? Jason asked, looking at Thalia.
-Eventually. Phoebe said.
-Geez, thanks. But what about the bats? They came out of his cloud and by the look in Annabeth’s eyes they’re bad news. Jason asked.
-How did you..? She frowned. He shrugged.
-Another reason why my legion excel at hiding their emotions; the motivation. He said. Plus I’ve been around Bobby enough to realise that you’ve got an idea.
-Well… I don’t think it’s them, it’s such an obscure myth. Annabeth said.
-Sure Annabeth, you keep denying bad news and we’ll figure out where we are. Piper?
-Well, Ouranos didn’t exactly put us off course much. She said looking at a map, a compass and something that looked suspiciously like a GPS.
-Keep straight, Valdez, it’ll be fine. She said.
And it was, until we saw a swarm in the distance. Annabeth and Phoebe were below-deck with a recovering Thalia when it happened. We hit the deck except this time someone screamed, and another swore. The bats had actually carried off the smallest crew members- Karen and Nico. Jason jumped overboard to follow them. The 3 girls ran up from below deck.
-What happened? Why’s Jason..?
-The bats carried off Nico and Karen. Leo said, steering the boat back.
-And after being there a few time –Leo locked his jaw- it’s a safe guess Jason won’t last long.
Valdez was right. Jason took out his sword and slashed at bats with one hand, holding onto Karen and Nico with the other. We were under them when Jason lowered the 3 of them. Except he did in fact lose it, and the 3 of them fell 4 feet onto the deck.
-Owe, owe, owe, Nico get your foot off my shoulder. Karen said.
-Sorry Karen! He said.
-No it’s fine, I just think I owe…Yeah I dislocated it. She said.
-Want me to pop it back in again? Jason asked.
-Yes please. Jason popped her shoulder back in.
-Oh, that’s great Jason. Piper said, looking away.
-Thanks. Karen said moving it around. She picked up her sword with the bad shoulder, but the blade fell apart from the hilt. Karen cussed and bent down.
-Holly Styx! Karen your sword broke! Karen screwed the two pieces back together.
-Umm, it’s not broken, see it does this thing where it does that. It was just built like DUCK! We jumped to the ground again as the bats swarmed back. This time blades were swung and I yelled a spell. A few of them dropped dead.
-Annabeth, the hell are these? I asked.
-I don’t know, they’ll have to turn human for me to see.
-What?
-Not important. Try to stab the 3 biggest ones. Aim for the shoulder blades, where the wings would start growing… Annabeth said, eyes at the sky as the bats came in again.
-Would start growing? You make no sense! Piper said.
-Yes I do, just go! Annabeth said.
They nearly caught us and Karen’s blade caught one, Leo’s fire got one’s wing and Phoebe’s arrow the third. They got thrusted onto the deck. The bats automatically redirected themselves to the crow’s nest but nobody paid attention to them. The 3 bats had turned into girls.
Girls with thick black hair, triangular bat-like ears. Their noses were pushed back making them look a LOT like snouts. They were dressed like Thalia scary enough, all in black. They wore jean skirts that probably cut the circulation in their thighs, black fishnets on their legs and arms, those black gloves covering their palms, and black shirts. They wore converses or boots. They weren’t identical, but definitely 3 sisters. Who all shopped at “Gloomy R Us.” And turned into flying rodents.
The older one -about 18- hissed and showed pointy thin teeth.
-Alright, that’s pretty human. Minyades, then. Annabeth said.
-So they were royalty, they insulted a god; the god got ticked and turned them into bats. Piper said.
-You know the myth? Annabeth asked.
-Never heard of it, lucky guess. Piper said.
-Well yes. Dionysus I think.
-I knew that not putting that bubbling potion in his glass at dinner was a good idea. I said.
-You are… Pupils, of the drinking god? The eldest asked.
-Well he’s sober nowadays… Nico said. The 3 sisters hissed and got to their feet. I noticed one sister’s long nails, that personally I thought looked more like claws. I had nails, those where frigging huge! They took step forwards.
-Back it up. I said.
-Ooh, girl with a stick. The younger one -15- said.
-Girl with a magic stick, FYI. I said. They frowned.
-Spawn of Hecate! They roared.
-Yes, get off this ship! I said. They obviously weren’t thrilled that one of us could do magic. What spell were they scared of? Something they probably inherited from bats… What did I know about bats? Bats, umm… Vampires! No… Bat mobile probably wouldn’t help…
-You think you can threaten us, while the power of Gaia sides with us?
-We’re in the sky, Gaia ain’t here. Valdez said.
-No? And who’s on your side? The eldest said.
-You’re pretty cocky for a rodent. Karen said.
-Not a rodent! We’re still human, we have been cursed! We have a right to our opinion and we don’t like Dionysus! Face it, do any of you like him?
-Err… 4 of the people here have never met him. I said.
-What of the 5 others then? No, hmmm? You don’t like him? So why are you still human completely, why we’ve been reduced to the form of flea-filled winged mammals? The one who seemed 16 said.
-It’s not fair. But neither is anything Gaia did. Join us, we can get you your humanity back, of you give us your service. I remember hearing of you once; your hunting skills were amazing, the wolf goddess told me so herself. Jason said.
-We’ll make Dionysus give you justice. Just help us back. Piper said. The bats screeched.
-You don’t even trust us! Trying to charm speak us, daughter of Aphrodite!
-No! I wasn’t… Piper pleaded. I was about to say she couldn’t charmspeak right now, but I was interrupted by the youngest bat who I was calling Robin. The oldest was Batman and the middle one was Cat-woman; downright simpler than any names they would’ve gotten in Ancient Greece.
-You offer an alliance just because you rather us be far away from Gaia then on her side! Nothing! You probably just guessed about our hunting! Robin yelled.
-No, Piper wasn’t, I know her well enough to know she wasn’t! Jason said. Piper’s eyes shone, and the thought of “uh oh” crossed my mind. Piper don’t…
-Lies! LIES! You Olympians are all the same, how are we supposed to ever co-operate with someone, if all that ever comes out of their lips are LIES! Batman said. Her last word came out super high-pitch that made me want to scream “OWE!”.
-We can’t trust you! Karen yelled.
-Why? Because we were unfairly punished? Cat-woman said.
-For starters you gave Nico rabies. She said. I turned around half-expecting to see his mouth foaming. But Nico just blinked and collapsed.
-Looks like the Olympians aren’t the only liars. I said. We turned.
-Lies! LIES! Cat-woman screamed again. And then I remembered something. Eco-location. The high-pitch was a signal, when it came back to them, they knew where everyone was and how to attack.
-Arms! Annabeth said. We pulled weapons but the 3 girls took out swords and the bats all attacked.
So while Jason and Annabeth took the 3 girls, Karen, Leo, Piper and I started attacking, ploughing through the bats with various blades or knocking them out with hammers. Nico was passed out.
Phoebe and a just-got-conscious-in-time Thalia started shooting. One of Phoebe’s good arrows could take down 10. Leo shot fire at them which not only scared them away but also deep-fried a few (I am never eating chicken again because if you had any idea of what I was seeing and how disturbing the similarity was…). And then Karen was just on a reign of terror against winged rodents, slashing so many there was a pile of fury black bodies around her (well, mammals whatever). Impressive right?
There were about 500 of them and they didn’t stay dead.
We hacked and hacked.
-We can’t kill them all! Leo yelled. He jammed his hammer on one’s head.
-Can we pull the same stunt as with Lycaon then? Scare them off? Piper asked.
-Great plan, how do you scare a bat? Karen asked.
Annabeth tripped and fell over the side of the boat. She yelled in surprise and I noticed the Myriad she was fighting cringe.
-Ann! I yelled. She held onto the side and with a slow jerk of my hand (which probably got us further behind in the fight) I got her back in.
-Oh my gods, thanks Lou! She said.
-Noise! Bats don ’t like noise! Their ears are too sensible! Piper said, having noticed the same thing as me.
-Noise? Phoebe asked. She launched an arrow, slid her quiver off her shoulder and rummaged for another one. She pulled one out, aimed for the 3 girls, concentrated as ever, and let it fly. It zoomed and passed right through Batman and Cat-woman, releasing a song so loud I couldn’t tell which one, though it suspiciously sounded like “Picture to Burn”. Robin shrieked at the sight of the bodies.
-Remittere! I exclaimed pointing at her. There was a red jet and the 3 of them disappeared.
-You killed her? Karen asked.
-No. I sent them back to where they came from. I said.
-The Underworld. I said.
-So you sort-of did kill her. Karen said.
-Shut up I feel a headache coming on and I can send either of you there. I said, rubbing my eyes.
-Will a headache stop you from fighting? Thalia said.
-Uh oh. I said looking up.
The bats were hissing angrily.
Phoebe ripped something off her neck and held it high. It was a medallion, a gold disk with an imprinted sun on it. It hung on a burgundy ribbon. It didn’t do anything until Phoebe sung.
-Solis fulgere, solis radius,
Solis fulgere in nocte!
She sung fast and suddenly the medallion became so bright it blinded us all.
All I heard screeching and the flapping of wings.
-Guys, I’m toning down the light, you can look now. Phoebe said. I gingerly looked up. She still held the medallion, and the light seemed to make a security bubble around the boat. The bats were all as close as they could be without getting too close to the light.
-Bats are nocturnal; they’re only out because it’s cloudy. I didn’t think we’d have such a powerful source of light. Annabeth said. Phoebe held the medallion high.
-It’s a gift from my father. It channels energy at my, and only my, command. The moment the light’s off they’ll all come down. Phoebe said.
-Did I mention your hair was nice today? Piper said.
-I won’t put it down, but the thing is, it takes energy from me. It’s burning with my energy and at some point I’ll pass out. Phoebe said.
Uh oh.
-When?
-Give me about 6 hours. 7 if my dad’s in the right mood. 8 if Dianna is as well.
-We’ve only done 2 out of 12 as far as traveling goes… Piper said.
-Well, Phoebe’s medallion isn’t the only source of light. I mean, I’ve got a wand. Even if Valdez can’t do his fire thing, we could work it out.
-No, this is direct sunlight. And even this won’t chase them away completely.
-I’ll get the oars going; we’ll be able to move faster. Eventually they’ll either stop or bolt. Leo said. Annabeth went instead of him and soon we were going a little faster. The bats kept up.
-You’re forgetting something. It doesn’t matter at what time we get to the City, we’ll have to wait until morning to land. It will prove we aren’t an attacking ship because what kind of an enemy attacks in the morning? Jason said.
-Argos has a point. Thalia said.
-That may not be an option. Annabeth said, kneeling next to Karen and Nico.
-Especially if he’s not doing better. Piper said.
-Thalia? Do you know any healing?
-Yes. But nothing great. She said. She knelt next to Nico and they flipped him to his back.
-Someone go get my bag. She said. Piper dashed downstairs and Thalia took Nico’s pulse.
-He’s not in any trouble. Yet. She said. Piper came back on deck and handed Thalia the bag. She opened it and took out a canteen of nectar. She dabbed her fingers on the top and flipped it over and back. She dabbed the bite Batwoman had given Nico. On the neck. Maybe I wasn’t so off with the vampire thing… I think the middle one was more of a Dracula then a Cat-woman. Or if that offended Dracula I could call her Edward… She was more of a Dracula.
-So how do we do this now? Annabeth asked.
-We won’t make it there before sundown, that’s for sure.
-We’d get in California during the night.
-The ideal would be to wait until lunch to land, the fields will be clear, Jason said. But since the ideal isn’t an available time, I think we should try for just when training starts. The praetors always start the training with runs outside the walls except for a few legions and the shepherds and shepherdesses wouldn’t be out yet; the fields would be mostly empty. Jason said.
-I second this. Things haven’t changed if what you say is true. Phoebe said.
-No, that’s how I remember it. He said.
-You also didn’t remember your name. You sure, man? Leo asked.
-Yeah.
-It makes sense. That’d work. Annabeth said.
-Alright, let’s try for that but at the worst we’ll land when everyone’s at breakfast or whatever. Piper said.
-There is no breakfast. Phoebe said.
-Dang, it’s the most important meal of the day! Leo said.
-Romans had 2 meals, lunch and supper. Jason said. I haven’t had breakfast since I had to do school when I was 12.
-Anything else we should know? Leo asked.
-Sarcasm gets you killed.
-I’d like a big tombstone, then. Write “Flame boy” on it too. Leo said.
-I was kidding, Lupa’s probably on Olympus. The worst you’ll get is a fight with a praetor.
-Which is nearly as bad. Phoebe said.
-Write “will not be silenced” on my tombstone too, kay?
-Leo shut up, nobody’ll die! Karen said.
-It’s a joke, Kary, relax. Piper said.
-Maybe sarcasm can get you killed at the City and punched on the Argo II. Phoebe suggested smoothly.
-I’ll pay money to see Karen punch Valdez. Piper said.
-I’ll double it if it’s in the mouth. I said.
-I’m glad my physical pain is a pleasure to you all. Leo said.
-Good, because it’ll stay that way. I said. Valdez made a face at me.
I looked at the horizon. First three hours: demoniacal bats. Boy, I couldn’t wait for later.

*I found of this picture of a bat swarm that I thought I'd share.
@Partypony – Very good predictions, well thought out.
@babytreegrowth- We get Smartboards!  Like A
over a year ago CarterJackson5 said…
mischievous
nice cant wait for friday=)
cool
OMG that was super amazing. I loved it!
over a year ago mmdr10 said…
big smile
awsome!!! can't wait
I'm sorry, redhawks! I'll remember that you are 2nd in command! And thanks a ton for the advice! LOVE IT!!! I'm not going to even think about going on here until Friday, k?
over a year ago greek_camper95 said…
big smile
that was awesome hope u post their arrival on the roman camp on friday cant wait!!!!
over a year ago Emily_is_COOl said…
big smile
Nice picture! I like that you have Leo being humorous, very nice touch. I can't wait for Friday!
over a year ago undeadwarrior89 said…
how was that ishy?
when did we find out pheobe was roman?
over a year ago orpher said…
smile
That was awesome. Good as always
over a year ago beckondorf12 said…
GREAT CHAPTER
oh and btw the drink is nectar not ambrosia. ambrosia is the food.
over a year ago jessie0147 said…
smile
Yeahh. I didn't know Pheobe was Roman!
Anyways, that was awesome but, it was kinda short.
Keep writing!
ohhhhh, i like the crazy bat people!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago blakerose12 said…
big smile
That was great can't wait for the next chapter your awesome HecateA!!!!!!
over a year ago NicoDiAngelo4 said…
Oh my frick!!! Nico!!!! Poor thing:( he was bitten by a demonic bat thigh and is now unconscious!!!! :(((( that's so sad!!!!

Nico<3:(

Great chappie Hecate!! So good!! I like how part of it was from Lou ellens PoV!! Oh and I liked how there was some humor!! Can't wait to see what happens next<33

Nico:*( u might not answer this but is he going to die...? =*************[
over a year ago Persephone16 said…
big smile
Loved it alot!! But i say that everytime.
It sucked, i started to read this last night but my internet conked out on my laptop. It's still not working so i have to use the stupid excuse for a computer. It conked out during the middle of the fight too...let's just say that i wasn't a happy camper. Lol.
But enough about me, once again, loved it! Were the bats just normal bats or some sort of mythological creature? And what's the story with the three girls, didn't really piece it together(it's been a long day).
Hoping that they get to the City on Friday! If not then soon! Super good job!!
over a year ago Thaliagirl said…
you are just so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1