The Heroes of Olympus The Son of Neptune

HecateA posted on Oct 28, 2010 at 12:36AM
So once again you guys have the opportunity to get in my head of what I think the next HoO book RR blesses us with will look like.

Before I start you peoples off, I need to say something.
So shush and listen.

When I wrote "The Lost Hero, written by me", I had to guess who the parents were. Well now, I know. So I am following Rick Riordan's version of the characters. Piper has nothing to do with Persephone, Jason and Thalia are siblings and Camp Ceasar Salad is real. For my series of fanfics, I'm following my version of the characters, but here, Rick's versions rule. Get it?

Title: The Son of Neptune
Rating: C
Type: Adventure, friendship, hopefully humor, maybe a touch of romance
Characters: Add, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Drew, Leo, Jake, Nyssa
OC personalities: Reyna, Dakota, Hazel, Gwen, Bobby, Caleb
OC: The Gayle brothers, Karren
Synopsis: After discovering a new world, not so far from their own, Jason and his friends are sailing straight for it, unsure wheter they'll come out victorious or just start a civil war. But it doesn't take the arrival of a flying boat to get the citizens curious. They already sence something is wrong, way before the flying ship docks.

Disclaimer: The story base, character and settings base was created by Rick Riordan, who owns the Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and Heroes of Olympus rights.

A/N: Hopefully you guys will like it! I got some very nice comments on my random wall poll, so here it is guys! Love you all, you rock!

The Rebel Soldier's debut: link

The Honour in Death's debut: link

The Fire's Revenge's debut: link

Part Two's debut: link
So once again you guys have the opportunity to get in my head of what I think the next HoO book RR bl
last edited on Jul 29, 2011 at 10:13PM

The Heroes of Olympus 3419 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 651-700 of 3419

over a year ago redhawks said…
big smile
Ok, so the link I gave you guys was a dud. Sorry. Here it us again.

link

TADA!! This one will work!
over a year ago tracytracy2000 said…
Yes, sometimes Tuesdays if she has a chapter she is unsure about.
over a year ago sneakyfish said…
i cant wait, the next chapter comes out today
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago nathan99 said…
Ive been reading this story since chapter 1 and i couldn't take it any more i had to join. if i said this story is crap then i would be the biggest liar in the universe. HecateA is giving up her time and effort to make sure we don't die of anxiousness. and so i have nothing else to say but: HecateA you rock!
over a year ago HecateA said…
smile
Hola!

*Before I start I would like to say I am tipping with all 10, so excuse any typoes in my comments.

Today I've decided to enrich your knowledge of other languages and write in French.

Add
Le chant de l'oiseau

KIDDING!

@losthero- I call it it a mistake. And spelling, not my thing, I try, though! And no fail, my friend, no fail.
@PJhero02 - Yes, yes I am :P
@partypony - It worked!
And that was the first thing I thought of when I was figuring out a place. I'm Canadian. (before anybody asks- yes I occasionally say eh)
@Wisegirl - I'll tell you for sure Poseidon is not going to contact Percy. We've got 3 goddesses helping out already, and a bunch on the loose, besides, Poseidon has nor the power of Hera to break Zeus' rule, nor Athena's rebellious streak, nor Hestia's obliance to Hera, so he's stuck between a rock and another rock (I think its supposed to be a rock and a hole)
@artemishunter -... That meant so much... Thank you. your feedback is taken into consideration.
@red - Yes red, and that's excluding all the other parts of my rewrite and articles. Thanks to all the people who checked them out, fighter and overshadowed and when she seemed to be the biggies, check out Jewels, I am getting Lee, Alex, Nala and co. to the action and <3
@seashell - Research, personal knowledge. For sentances in Latin, I own an english-Latin dictionary (I saw it at Chapters and was not letting go)
@losthero - I have good eyes, as I got red to say (thank you red) I approve of your comment, and at this point there are so many people I'd have to send it to... (but I will do it, and they will comment on this forum directly after they are done, and I will not reprimend them from easing spammers, so watch out)
@annabeth-crazed- I am the welcoming commity,I give all newcomers symbolical muffin baskets. So to all newcomrs, welcome, and come get 'em!
@seashell - thank you, I was particularly pleased when I came up with that one :)
@artemishunter - Piper- Aphrodite, Jason- Zeus, and OMG, you read that? I only expected the older members to!
@Greek rules- patience, its all planned out
@ febez- only citizens of the city get a 'too, and Percy is not.
@red - I feel like keeping you all waiting for the title...
@AnnabethC - when inspiration hits, yes I will, unless you are talking about the fighter.
@AnnabethPotter - Don't say that! You wont be disapointed by the real thing, you'll all hate me when I finish writting this, so really... (I'm okay with hate by the way, as long as its only for something I've written)

Alright then.

First thing: round of applause for red who survived the first week of being my second! (she's not on so I'm not sure, but yesterday she was reading HP so I'm guessing she's alright)

Second up: I have decided when Percy finds his name. You'll hate me, read it and love it, and it will all be good, but it ain't changing. *For those who can't take a hint, I'm telling you to stop asking

Third: Fan fiction awards! I'm leading for best writter of 2010 (OMG????) by 64% (OMG?????????) and this fic is going to the top 5, man, in the lead with 57% of the votes (OMG?????????) Thanks to all who voted for me! (since I'm guessing you're reading this fic)

To vote for favorite writter click here -> link

And for fic-going-to-the-top-5-even-if-its-called-­top­-10 here -> link

Fourth: I'm giving you an update on the III book of this series which I like to call: V/@¢$6 *¦ t%! A@@é &&

While going to refresh today's chapter I clicked on it instead, which I'm taking as a subconcient sign of me being into writting in. 39 pages, 5 chapters- on the 6th-, 1 memory, mixed settings, and lightning you will bawl. ;) So ponder on that and try guessing the title, I know I'm evil no need to say it.

Fifth: what did I say when Dakota's chapter came out? Detailed comments, wanna know if you cried, when you did, etc, etc. This one isn't as vivid, but I'd still like to know.

So enjoy!

To my dad, who’s always ready to debate with me against quiditch, solar energy or whatever it is on my mind, answer the questions that lurk there too, and encourage me to strive
Add
December 27th: Sacred Land
Circus
Hazel shook her hair back before looking at her knees. She wet her lip, as if stalling what she was about to say.
-When I was little, very little, I lived at a circus. A really tiny one, we travelled nearly every week. There was 1 lion, 1 horse, 8 kids and 19 adults, so if you were there, you did your part. My dad was one of the adults. He did magic tricks and illusions. I guess that’s how he and mom clicked, but anyways. Everybody there was like family. If there was a problem, everybody knew and if they could, everybody was required to pitch in and help. For my dad, his best friend there was like a sister- Neriah. And her daughter, Nessie –umm, Vanessa- was like mine.
Everybody there had a stage name, whether you performed, whether you were a tech-guy, or just a kid there. We got some odd looks from spectators who thought Monarch, Master or Cop were actual names. I was Leza, (leh-za) which is sort-of my name spelt backwards. I remember I never called my dad, anything but Gee. It was great there. Lane and Combat were older, they’d decided they’d join someday but just needed to learn, so they did. Until they could perform, they’d babysit the younger kids during shows, and sometimes we’d sneak in the back of the marquee to watch parts of the show, but Master, the, well ring master, would always find us. The audience even knew us; they saw us running around the grounds before and after shows. And sometimes they’d even announce us if we snuck in.
Since I was very little I did magic. Little harmless stuff, like moving cookie jars or lighting a room when I woke up in the middle of the night. When I was about 4 I started pulling bigger stunts. I actually tipped a trailer, thank gods nothing broke, everything at the circus was kid-proof and solid. That’s when my dad took me aside, held me by the wrists, looked in my eyes and told me “There is a different between illusions and magic, illusions are a trick, but magic was an illumination of the fantastic and the desire of humans. Magic is a wonder like fire-breathing or acrobatics, but Leza, don’t use it to amaze people just yet.”
I listened to my father. Even when I was 4 I could tell that he was worried by what I could do. He said I was a little magician, just like my mom was. The others, Neriah, Rory, Spirit, they said whenever they stopped anywhere near San Francisco dad would go out and have a coffee or something with the same woman every time, and that at one point, when he snapped his knee and couldn’t perform for a year, he decided to stay there. A year later, when he was back on track, there was me too.
But I couldn’t stop doing magic, I wanted to and I tried but my hands would keep spitting sparks when I was alone with him, or wind would start and things would break when I was angry or sad, and by the time I was 6, even when I wasn’t paying attention. I’d even caused a full out storm that even Jason was impressed by! Gee was patient with me, he fixed up whatever would break, he never got angry and he’d tell me to do my best and I did. For a while it got better.
Hazel started shaking, and it had nothing to do with the cold of the -still falling in California- snowflakes.
And then when I was 8, he went into the nearest city Kissimmee, Cop was sick or something, which and where we were for that week. Like all the time, because it’s too small in the trailers, the other kids and I were playing outside. You know, Draco, Nessie, Math … Hazel’s eyes shimmered with the tears appearing in the corners.
-He… She took a deep breath and she looked so pained, I wanted her to stop talking and just comfort her some in some way. But she kept going, determined to talk.
-He was driving back into the parking lot, when there was this huge earthquake, and the ground split open in front of him. The car sunk in and it was nearly gone when I managed to hold it. But I couldn’t concentrate on something so complicated, and on blocking out all other magic from coming out at once… So I lost it with keeping the… The car from going down for about a minute. A tree fell and a storm brewed up, I couldn’t control it, I couldn’t control anything now, the magic was just flowing out, redeeming itself as it went. And then I got control and everything went back to normal, but by the time Neriah called 911 and they got here, it was…Too late for… Tears were pouring down her cheeks now.
-Gee... I practically killed him because I hadn’t listened to him, I hadn’t tried hard enough to control it when I was little, and it backfired. It backfired on the person who’d asked me to stop, and I couldn’t, couldn’t do anything. She buried her face in her knees, shaking with sobs, not even going for a trial to control. I put a hand on her shoulder.
-Hazel don’t say that, you were 8, you were 8, there wasn’t anything you could do. I said.
Reyna started talking to her, trying to comfort her, with words probably similar to mine, in Latin. She shot me a “help I have no clue what I’m doing” look and I felt extremely guilty.
That was what Lyncus had shown me. How I’d thought she was dangerous and violent… But really it was just a demigod given too much power too soon. Hazel lifted her head again.
-From that…d-day on, I swore I would never use wild magic again.
-Hazel, I don’t get it, you use magic every day. Reyna said.
-That’s controlled magic. The magic is calmed by the wand. It’s harder to produce, but for the particular type of witch I am it’s easier to control. The kind I used when I was little is called wild magic, or hand spells.
-Which is how you passed you test wasn’t it? Because the moment you got to camp you adopted the wand, so by the time you got tested you were a pro. Reyna said. Hazel nodded.
-I’m an exceptionally powerful… witch I guess I am, but I can’t control it if too much energy comes out at once. She pointed to the barrette in her hair, the one with 3 leaves.
-Rey, d’you ever wonder why I wear this? Why I wear this every single day and barely any other form of jewellery?
-Not really, I don’t really notice jewellery. Reyna answered.
-It’s magic. It helps me block out the excess magic, sparks out of my hands, storms and such; if I didn’t have it; I’m scared of what I’d do. She confided.
-Hazel, you never told anyone? Not your siblings or Lupa? Not even Gwen?
-Never. I… I’m not proud of it, I was always scared they’d kick me out, and the city is the only place I feel somewhat comfortable in, with my siblings and Lupa in case something would happen. Even back with Lyncus… I was scared, not completely in control. That’s why there was a huge light, thunder in the distance and a tree fell. I’m sorry, it could’ve fallen on anybody or the earth might’ve split again or… She sobbed too hard to even try to speak and we couldn’t do anything to comfort her. After about 5 minutes of her trying to get her breathing under control, she got up.
-Common. We can’t waste time. Let’s go. She said.
We mounted our horses, Bobby mounting with Hazel, Reyna and I not daring to defy her. Pacific, Airborne and Independence started talking about how bad the grass here tasted, I zoned them out and concentrated on Hazel.
Her eyes were red, and she looked troubled by a million demons. I didn’t know what to do about it, how to help her. I wasn’t sure I could, actually. She’d been carrying that burden for 8 years, when she decided to let go and get over it, trusting herself and her magic again, she’d be better. Except the Hazel I was seeing was a darker side of Hazel. A dark one, full of grief, secrecy and fear. A counterpart of the girl who’d made it snow above Bobby, or cursed the Stupido squad.
Counterpart… Oh! Wait, lost it. Damn It, I’d been so close to something important… I knew that, but not the revelation.

We’d wasted a lot of time with Postverta, and I don’t know if it was just we, but every 20 steps we seemed to see the same scenery as we had 10 paces ago. I crossed glances with Reyna’s cocoa irises and Hazel’s red ones. They didn’t think it was normal either.
-The sacred lands are rich in terms of godly attraction. Someone’s probably messing with us up there. Hazel said.
-I wish they’d go down there. Reyna said. I agreed with her, but something told me I better stay quiet while I was on this land. The horses were tired, and Airborne actually crumbled from the weight of two. Hazel was immediately on vet-mode.
Independence immediately crumbled as well.
-Indy! Reyna said. The horse neighed, looking horrible. Empire, who’d followed us, fell as well. I took a glance at Pacific; she seemed fine. I knelt next to Independence.
-Indy, what’s wrong, how are you feeling?
My stomach… The mare whined.
Lord, it is all of us. Empire moaned.
-Did you eat some bad grass? Or…
I remembered something Bobby said.
Can’t eat or drink anything from sacred earth.
-You ate grass from the sacred land, didn’t you?
-Add, what?
-Did you?
Yes, in the meadow, just now.
-They grazed in the meadow, that’s why they’re sick, you can’t eat or drink anything from sacred land, that’s what Bobby said.
-Oh no… Nobody told them not too, that’s right! Hazel said, smacking her forehead.
-Is there a cure? Reyna asked.
-Yes, I think Apollo’s kids have something, but I can’t re-create it here. Hazel said.
-Then they have to go back to the City. I said.
-How will they get there? Magic? Reyna asked.
-No way, I’d pass out for at least a day. Hazel said.
-I wasn’t serious Haze, but Add, you have a better idea? I thought.
-Pacific, you’re still standing, did you graze here?
No, sir
-Hazel, do you have something that could ease the pain, just for a while? I asked.
-Probably if you gave me about an hour.
-Can you do that? Pacific’s fine, she can lead them out. If we arranged for someone to meet them at the outskirts of the land, she could take it from there. I said.
-Add, remember what I told you about Pacific the other day?
-Yeah. But she’ll be fine, Haze. I said.
-If you’re sure, send them back. We’ll be going on foot from now then. Hazel said.
-They’ll die if they don’t get treatment. Reyna said.
-Dear gods that would kill me… Hazel said.
-Pacific, you understand what you need to do? I asked.
Yes master.
-We should go right ahead after Hazel’s done making whatever, we can’t waste time, the prophecy didn’t give us a correct time limit, for all we know Terra could be at the big-house now. Reyna said.
-Don’t pressure me; it’ll be at least an hour until this is done. Hazel said. Reyna sighed.
-There’s a book in Bobby’s bag if you’ll really get that bored. I joked; pretty sure books were the same thing as targets for Reyna. Hazel snickered, not lifting her eyes from the test tubes she was emptying into each other.
-You think Reyna can read?
-I can too read! Reyna said.
-Not in English. Hazel said.
-Yes, because you are quite the reader. Reyna said. Hazel stuck her tongue out and turned back to unwrapping packs of herbs.
-Hey Add, maybe you can’t understand Latin but read it. Reyna said.
-Huh? I asked, figuring that made no sense.
-It’s happened, you don’t understand Latin when you hear it, but you do when you read it. Jake for example, when he got to the City…
-Woe, woe, woe, you I can believe, but Jake? Holly Styx… Hazel said.
-We were just as surprised. Reyna said. She unzipped Bobby’s backpack and took out a book with a molecule graphic on the cover.
-The Fabric of Molecule… Oh my gods Bobby. Reyna complained. She handed me the book. The letters started spinning when I opened the book. Somehow I wasn’t surprised that only about 8 stayed put, but I still looked away from the book.
-What’s it say, Add? Hazel asked.
-I can’t read it. I’m dyslexic, when I’m tired I just can’t read, I said. Isn’t that a demigod trait? I said. Reyna and Hazel crossed glances.
-ADHD, vigilance, dying in nasty unique ways, the fatal flaw, those are traits of a hero. Reading usually comes like this to us, Hazel snapped her fingers.
-The Ancient Romans invented the alphabet Latinised languages use today; it’s just in our blood. Reyna said.
-Add, are you ADHD? We never really asked, did we? Hazel asked.
-Umm, I think so. Yes, yes I think.
-What’s he trying to remember now? A voice croaked. Bobby’d woken up.
-Morning Bobby. Boy are we glad you’re up; we’d have had to carry you. Reyna said, helping him sit up against a tree. He turned his head towards me.
-Any divine inspiration? Name hopefully?
-No. I’m ADHD and dyslexic. Bobby turned his head.
-Dyslexic? He asked. He coughed the croakiness out of his voice.
-What do you mean dyslexic? He asked again, his voice back to normal.
-I’m dyslexic. I said, not figuring how this could be clearer.
-But… I guess there have been stranger things. Bobby said.
-Well said. Here’s your book by the way. Reyna said handing him the copy of “The Fabric of Molecules”. Bobby flipped through the pages quickly to make sure we hadn’t damaged his book. Friggin bookworm.
-So I heard everything you all said before that what-Hazel-said-about-Pacific, thing. He said. He glanced over at Empire and made a movement to get up.
-No way, man. If you try to get up you’ll probably be out again. Try to rest, in about an hour we’re out of here. Reyna said, handing him a canteen and an orange.
For the next hour we just waited for Hazel to finish the potion and ate.
-The forest seems quiet. I said.
-There’s a mega-huge magic trace here, Hazel informed us. The sacred lands usually have at least a bit of living people in it, but the magic trace scared them all away, or killed them actually.
-Why?
-I’m not sure, maybe from all the dead rising. Or the fight with the giant at the Wolf house. Hazel said. Reyna fiddled with her sword.
-I don’t get why he didn’t come back to the City. She said.
-If he’s anything like Add, he ended up at this Camp Half-blood place without any memory, he probably remembered only bits of it, and he might not even have remembered the City’s location, or even its name yet, Rey, if he did he would’ve been back. Bobby said. She nodded.
-Do you think the phoenix will be here, or will he have followed the other animals? She asked.
-He’ll be there. Hazel said.
-How do you know?
-I don’t, I’m optimistic.
-Hey, does anybody really know what a phoenix looks like? I asked.
Nobody did.
-It never dies, that’s why sometimes it’s called the bird of ever. They usually nest in warm places, and there is only one phoenix at a time. Hazel said.
-If I were Terra, I’d kill it and drain it of its energy and absorb it, that way, she cannot be killed, and the phoenix would be extinct forever. Bobby said.
-Well it’s a streak of damn luck you aren’t Terra. Reyna said.
When the potion was done we gave an equal amount to each sick horse, and started a long walk.
-I think we’re about an hour away from the Wolf house. Bobby said. He had his arm around my shoulder and I was supporting him as he walked. And then the scenery changed. I recognised where we were, because it was the outskirts of the sacred land.
-What!? Hazel asked.
-We already passed this! I said.
-We’re being moved back. Bobby said.
-That’s dumb. Hazel said.
-As Hades. I said. They looked at me weird but then remembered the weirder things and let lose the mention to the actual Pluto. Wait, actual Pluto?
-It’s not that big of a deal. 3 hours to the wolf house, we can do this. Reyna encouraged.
Reyna went first and we followed her. As we walked, we all wondered what had happened.
-Some god messing with us. Bobby said.
-Who, Bobby? Hazel asked.
-I don’t know. He said.
-Probably the god of… Reyna started.
-Rey, language, it’s a god, they get ticked easily. Hazel said.
-Never mind then. She said.
After about an hour Bobby got a touch of green to his skin, and night was falling.
-We should stop. Hazel said.
-No, we should be there in less than 2 hours, don’t stop because of me. Bobby pleaded.
-Bobby. You look like a tree nymph. Reyna said.
-Not harsh at all, he said. Seriously, I’m still fine.
-Add, you’re the boss, what do you think? Hazel asked.
It seemed stupid to stop when in 2 hours we’d be there, but even stupider not to when Bobby looked so frail. A night of sleep would do us all some good, especially since I doubted there would be no fight as the Wolf house. But time was of the essence…
-We’ll stop. Rest would be good for everyone. I said.
So we made camp, got out some food and water, and got ready for the night.
EARLY MORNING DECEMBER 28

I heard something. I sat up from the tree where I’d been standing guard. Hazel was asleep a few feet away from me, besides a bush. I heard more ruffling of the leaves and then a paw emerged.
-Hazel! I yelled. She sprang to her feet. Somehow, Reyna was already there and with a clean strike of her gladus cut the paw clean off. A howling sounded across the forest and then from the bush golden sparks erupted.
-Dear gods, Rey! Hazel said.
-What the heck? Bobby asked.
-Hellhound by the looks of the paw. Reyna said with a touch of expertise to her voice. She picked it up and handed it to Hazel.
-Want it?
-Ewe, Rey!
-It’s a spoil of war. House is full of them. Reyna said.
-Of course. Bobby said. He managed to stand up and walk over.
-Hazel, you think it was alone? He asked.
-Hellhounds are solitary, like phoenixes and lynx.
-If they’re like lynxes we’re screwed. I said.
-Yeah, but there is no delinquent undead master of hellhounds. Hazel said.
-That’s what you think...
-Rey, shut up, you’re ruining my optimism. Hazel pouted. The sun was rising.
-We might as well head out now. Reyna said. We were of the same opinion, so we stuffed the sleeping bags back in our backpacks and headed out.
About 20 minutes later, Reyna froze.
-Umm, guys? Does anybody else see a cottage over there? She asked. We all looked, wondering what kind of a joke that was and my jaw dropped so much it nearly tore itself off the rest of my skull.
A little cottage with a hay roof was standing in the forest, nestled between the trees. It had square windows with white shutters and flower boxes underneath, filled with white and pink blossoms, and white walls, even if we could see brown wood showing off the frame.
-That’s… I started.
-Random. Completely random and probably a monster’s hide out. Hazel said.
-At least this one smells like cookies, he joked. I say we should get out of here. Bobby said. We nodded and turned but then a door creaked open and someone yelled:
-Oh, please don’t go!
The woman standing in the doorframe looked about 40. She was small and thin, with caramel blond hair packed up on top of her head except for 1 or 2 stands of curls that’d fallen on either side. Her expression and emerald green eyes were kind. She wore a long green skirt, creamy shirt with a collar and the sleeves pulled up to her elbows, a red bodice and a white apron, covered with flour and something black that looked like molasses.
-Please stay, I’ve just made cookies! She said. Reyna seemed royally unimpressed and Hazel looked amused. But next thing I knew, the woman had me sitting at the table of a simple kitchen with a cookie in my hand. I dropped it on the table, where Hazel, Bobby and Reyna were too.
-Careful, fresh out of the oven! They’re still warm. She said. I noticed she didn’t blink, her eyes stayed open wide which made her look like an owl. She turned to wash dishes in a sink over loading with bubbles, humming as she scrubbed dished. The 4 of us looked at each other.
-What just happened? Hazel asked in a hush tone.
-We followed Bobby in. Reyna said, in the same tone.
-We did? I whispered.
-Yeah Add, she told us she knew something about Terra. Your memory is getting unstable even for the present. He said. That seemed pretty likely an explanation.
-No, we didn’t! Hazel said.
-I don’t know what’s wrong with you, but we did. Reyna said.
-Probably just dehydrated, Haze. Bobby said. He passed Hazel a canteen and Hazel took a sip, obviously not convinced. The woman put a plate of chocolate chip cookies in front of us.
-Here you go, children. They are a little burnt, but still good. She declared. She smiled brightly. Her eyes really did shine like emeralds.
Burnt cookies? Chocolate chip… I should remember this! Something about burnt cookies… And Kool-aid? A woman with white hair and cloudy eyes holding out a plate of them… Who was she? Not my mother, the mother of someone, an enemy; I knew that much…
-Oh, help yourselves! The woman encouraged.
-I’m sorry; who did you say you were Ma’am? Bobby asked. She smiled even wider.
-Oh, you can call me Aunty Pat. She smiled.
Aunty… That title and this feeling in my gut, plus the cookie-reference just made me feel unsafe. I wanted out, now, and I shot Bobby a look imploring it.
-Okay then, Aunty Pat. What can you tell us about Terra? Bobby asked.
-Oh, news is not well taken on an empty stomach, children, take a cookie, please! She asked. Hazel smiled politely and took one. Aunty Pat turned her heals and she brought it to her nose.
-Ha! She sprang to her feet.
-Toad poison, I knew it! She said, slamming her fist on the table.
-Hazel, what do you..?
-It’s an old Roman trick, woman killed their husbands with venom from the skin of toads. So what, you’re trying to kill us? What, you already poisoned your kids?! Hazel said. Aunty Pat’s lip started shaking.
-My children were taken from me, quite before their time. They were toddlers, only toddlers! She sobbed. When you were toddlers you all lived with your parents, sound and safe… Reyna coughed.
-But Juno could not deal with the idea that my children were her husbands! It was her vengeance, her vengeance to kill my two adorable children! They had the same eyes as Jupiter, and they had my gift of magic, Hazel Ducharme, I am a sister of yours. And son of Neptune, a grandchild of your father… And they were slain! Slain for breathing, slain for laughing… Tears glittered in the corner of Aunty Pat's still-not-blinking eyes
-That’s horrible. Then what are you doing going around killing us? I asked. Then Bobby’s mouth dropped and Aunty Pat’s eyes became slits.
-Because Juno cursed me with eyes that never closed, the image of my dead children haunting every place I look. She cursed me with a serpent’s tale, and ruining her precious families crowding the planet is my revenge.
-Lamia! Bobby yelled. Immediately her waste started shrinking and her skirt fell, revealing a serpent’s tail as green as her eyes, mounted in a support to make it look like she was walking and not slithering. She slid out and stood even taller.
Reyna was first at the monster, without me even have seen her move, but Lamia had drawn her own sword. They started fighting.
-I’ve got her! Reyna yelled. Lamia pushed Reyna back. Reyna’s blade clanked with Lamia’s and her sword was lifted higher than her head. Reyna swooped in and the point of her sword tore against Lamia’s flank. She screamed in rage, somehow not hurt.
-Bobby, who is she? I asked.
-Lamia. She was born as princess of Lybia- in Egypt. Her revenge for Juno killing her children was going around eating newborn babies.
-That’s messed up! I said.
-And dear gods, I’m her sister! Hazel complained. Then Reyna got hit in the shoulder. She didn’t stop but I uncapped Riptide and I went in, but another sword appeared in Lamia’s other hand, and she took on both of us at the same time. But the fact we were fighting 2 different styles were confusing the heck out of her.
-So you’re planning on eating us? Reyna asked.
-I had my fill of flesh daughter of Bellona. 3 demigods came this way.
Reyna paled.
-No, not the puny son of Jupiter you favour, he nearly perished at the hands of Medea. Reyna slashed at her shoulder.
-Don’t you call Jason Grace weak when you’re not being so all-mighty yourself slythers! She said. Lamia went on.

-She had her share of flesh as well.
-Oh, so what, you killed that search party?
-Actually, that was team work. Medea took the ratty child of Mercury, and I savoured on a child of Mars. Much flesh, more muscle then you, I’ll be full for weeks! What I’m doing now is a favour to my sponsor.
I was wondering what Bobby and Hazel were doing until I realised that an enormous snake had slithered out from into a cupboard and they were busy fighting those.
-What sponsor? Reyna backed up into the table and nearly fell, if she hadn’t jumped high enough to land on the table once it had fallen.
Hazel’s spells were flying.
Reyna and I had backed up; Lamia was standing on the flipped table.
-She who opened me the door back into this world! I am no longer confined in Pluto’s kingdom, doomed to suffer for eternity! She snarled.
Bobby yelled something to us in Latin, and I understood that phrase. He said “flip it”.
We both ducked and flipped the table. Lamia fell backwards, stuck on her back, but she couldn’t get back up, snake bones aren’t strong enough.
-Killing newborns isn’t right, even if Juno did it. We all know Juno’s a hellhound, anyways. Reyna said. She stabbed Lamia in the chest and she shrieked before falling, her body limp, eyes finally closed.
-She isn’t vaporising. Bobby noticed.
-Well, she isn’t a monster is she? Reyna said.
-No, I guess not. Then why is she here?
-I don’t know. Same principal as Lyncus I guess. Hazel said.
-I’m going to force an answer out of Caleb when we get back to camp. Reyna decided.-Can’t wair to see that one. Hazel snickered.
-Bobby, what’s wrong? I asked.
-There’s something really, really wrong. It’s not just a coincidence that Lamia’s cottage is randomly on our way to the Wolf house, or that Lyncus knew where to find us. I think… They’re working for Terra, both of them. If she’s opening the doors of death… But that doesn’t explain the first prophecy.
-Bobby, Reyna started, that’s a myth.
-Dude, so are our mothers, his dad and her. He asked showing Lamia with his hand.
-This isn’t the time to argue over prophecies. We have one; that’s the only one we need to focus on. Let’s get back on the road, to the Wolf house and find the phoenix. I said.
-Add’s right. Let’s go. Reyna said. But then we weren’t in Lamia’s kitchen, but back to where we’d spent the night. Reyna swore and kicked a rock.
-Again? Bobby asked. Reyna swore again and kicked a tree.
-The same god probably. Hazel said, looking around her eyebrows scrunched up, her eyes worried. Reyna swore again and kicked a log.
-We’ll just make our way again. I sighed.
2 hours later my back started tingling, and then it started seriously hurting. I must’ve looked disturbed by the pain, because Hazel asked what was wrong.
-I think I just figured out where my Achilles spot is, and I’m starting to think coming here was even more dangerous than we thought it was.
-Okay then. And then I had a flashback, kneeling in a hotel that somehow I knew was in New York, someone lying on the floor injured, her hand to by back.
-Here? She croaked.
-Yeah.
-Add! Hazel snapped me back to reality.
-Add, do you need extra armour or..? Reyna asked.
-No, I’m good. I said. They nodded and we made our way. I was starting to remember more. Like someone assembling an engine and getting closer to finding the instruction manual in the right language. Red frizzy hair, a Rasta cap, a T-shirt reading “my other car is a centaur”, I remembered bits and pieces of everyone. No names, but pieces. And it wasn’t good. Hazel whispered something in Latin and I barely heard her. Reyna nodded and they looked at me strange. I anchored my head back to the present. Phoenix, Gaia, destruction; right.
The 3 of them froze suddenly. I saw a rooftop of a house in the distance. I started wondering who’d killed the children of that inhabitant, but something in their expressions told me it was different.
-That’s the Wolf house. Reyna said. And then a breeze picked up and there was a beautiful sound that filled the air.
It sounded like the sound track for a funeral, but a little happy, reminding me of dances on Olympus. It seemed obvious and natural that I’d been on Olympus. And then it stopped really suddenly, and we all ran.

Hazel's family
Name - real name - everybody at the circus is related so their relation, O if there is none (if there is none they were probably friends with another performer for, like, ever, like Neriah and Hazel's dad) - age - function

Coin – Jeff Colder- Bud’s brother , Neriah’s nephew– 19 – Duo with Bud, they juggle in mid-air and pass each other juggling stuff
Bud – Rosalie Colder - Coin’s sister, Neriah’s niece – 19 – See Coin
Neriah – Nadine Gordon-Sierra – Wrench’s husband, Nessie’s mom, Master’s sister- 30 -
Morgue – Arielle Gordon- Neriah and Master’s niece, Bud and Coin’s cousin - 21 – trapeze artiste, witch theme
Gee – Geof Ducharme – Neriah’s best friend since childhood, Hazel’s dad – 34 – illusionist
Beetle – Bethany Jorgenson - Gee’s niece- Mime/juggler/clown
Bling – Tessa McAllen – 18 – Beetle’s best friend – acrobat, rapper theme
Kiss – Anita Kovalen – 20 – Wrench’s niece twice removed- trapeze artist/ ribbon, duo with Sky and solo
Spirit – Adahy Ross – 39- Cop’s father, Master’s best friend since childhood- 33 – horse tamer
Wrench – Roger Sierra – Neriah’s husband, Nessie’s dad- 32 – BMX acrobatics
Master – Martin Gordon – 39 - Jewel’s husband, Neriah’s brother, Monarch and Lane’s dad – ring master
Sky – Samuel Grendoles – 28 - Wire’s cousin twice removed – trapeze artist – duo with Kiss
Wires – Philip Chang -21 - Draco’s adoptive brother and tutor (he took care of his brother after his parents- Draco’s adoptive parents- died) – Lights and special effects coordinator
Alix – Alice Sparks – 24 – Arabesque’s sister – DJ, teaches younger kids
Arabesque – Melanie Sparks – 26 – Alix’s sister – Choreography coordinator
Toad – Jonathan Gordon – 38 – Master’s younger brother - juggler
Rory – Michael Trescott – O- 40 – lion tammer
Karika –Veveka Shikin- O- 17 – Russian, Irish, Highland, Flamenco dancer, singer
Jewel – Jessica Gordon – Master’s wife, Monarch and Lane’s mom-

Draco – Drake Chang – 10 – Wires’ brother (by adoption) and au-pair
Leza – Hazel Ducharme – 8 – Gee’s daughter
Monarch – Melissa Gordon – 3 – Jewel and Master’s last child, Lane’s sister
Cop –Colin Ross - 5- Spirit’s son
Combat – Corinne Olsen – 15- Ontario native - Magician trainee
Nessie – Vanessa Gordon-Sierra – 8 – Neriah and Wrench’s daughter -Lane –Lois Gordon – 15 – Jewel and Master’s first born, Monarch’s sister - Acrobat trainee -
Math –Mathew Sparks - Alix and Arabesque’s nephew – 10
Hola!

*Before I start I would like to say I am tipping with all 10, so excuse any typoes in my com
That was awesome (and long) it kind of bothered me that Hazel never told anyone her story. And a question, Do you make your own colleagues for the chapters (like the one above)?
over a year ago Biancadi said…
Awesome !
over a year ago AnnabethPotter said…
laugh
Interesting about the dyslexia... Since English has Latin roots, i guess it totally makes sense that reading would come easy/easier to the City kids. Thanx, Hecate, for the really long chapter! Cna't wait for next week's. (as always!!!) :)

~~~~~AnnabethPotter~~~~~
over a year ago seashell7 said…
Amazing! fantastic! Wonderful!
over a year ago HoO_PJO said…
surprise
That was long, but it was awesome! I can't wait till next week, but I hope that you are able to post on Tuesday!
over a year ago GreekRULES515 said…
big smile
OMG AWESOME i cried when i heard the story hav a question who is Lycnus (spelled tht rong) b/c i have'nt read the other chapters
over a year ago artemishunter64 said…
big smile
Wows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luuvveeddd it!!!!
Who was the red haired rasta cap wearing centaur?
over a year ago partypony said…
heart
That was a great chapter!
Hazel's story is sad, I have to admit. And that Hazel is responible for Gee's death is sad too. It must be hard to know that you killed someone close to you (even if it's be accident).
And Lamia as the chapter monster was good too. She kinda sound like the witch in Hansel and Gretel.
And yay! Add's finally remembering something! Knowing his Achilles spot is good for him. And those pieces of memories he's getting are intriguing. I can't wait for the next chapter because of it (cuz I wanna know what else he's gonna remember).
over a year ago NicoDiAngelo4 said…
surprise
That was soohh ah-mazing!! Hazels story was good but sad:/ and I can't wait until next week!! Yay:)
hmmm
o ya why r those memories bad or something like tht???
over a year ago penguin098 said…
big smile
boy was that LONG!!!! (i like that) I loved when Add started remembering things, but why is Bobby like passed out? i dont remember tht (porpably b/c i haven't read this in forever) I espectialy like when it's almost as if they're traveling backwards!!! that was really cool!!! and the part w/ the scouting group... unexplained... could u tell more???? overall LOVE it and congrats on ur sucsess in the writting awards!!! u deserve it!!! Keep on writting!!!
*Penguin098*
over a year ago losthero5 said…
blush
COMMENT OF THE BEAST (666)^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!! lol sorry i had to say it.

Lemme start by saying. NESSIE???? dont tell me you read breaking dawn!!!!! NNNOOOOOOO :[. other that that, awesome chapter. Also, your links lead to the same voting section...

greekrulz... idk what to say.... you have been constantly saying 'when is the next chapter coming?"and yet you haven't read them? im sorry but your starting to resemble a youtube jerk
over a year ago febez said…
heart
this is great. it fits in with "the lost hero" really well too! that makes it easier to follow. im really glad that percy remembers some stuff!

Κριστεν
over a year ago AltPercyU said…
surprise
That was absolutely amazing!!
over a year ago Idunn said…
heart
How can you write so long? Love it!!!
over a year ago nathan99 said…
smile
that was cool. way to go HecateA!
over a year ago aphrodite123 said…
laugh
(pant)(pant) MAN!You guys are making me run errands!(No efense)SO SORRY!!!!!!!!!!I posted on 17 and had to catch up on 27.BIG WOOP!But I managed to read the chapters,(There getting bigger and bigger every time,which is awsome!)BTW:THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR USING MY NAME!!!(Nessie)(I know it's kinda dumb but,oh well!!!)I also found out that my dad is SYCED about greek mytholgy.Plus I was looked up some websites for the Percy Jackson and some of them cracked me up!Some were a bit gushy-mushy,and used TO MUCH PECABETH!(not that I don't LIKE Percabeth)Yours is awsome though,TRUTH,no lie.P.S I DO speak french!Mer'cie!Mer'cie!(thank you!THank you!Ask me some questions,Hecate!TEE,HEE!
big smile
Amazing job! I loved that chapter! Awww Poor Hazel.......Let me just say one happy note in her memory/past thingy. She was in a circus. I am jealous. Ok, now that I got that out.....She is special! Her magic is powerful but I felt so bad for her! Well, anyways...Great chapter! I loved it so so so so so so so much!

The reason I wasn't on was because I was at a basketball game for me! We lost but not badly.(20-25) I did survive! Yay for me! Oh, and a quick HP update for you. I'm on the third book so guys PLEASE NO SPOILERS!!! If you are going to give me a warning before you right it! Thank you!
over a year ago Lightning98 said…
big smile
I am crying right now... I feel so bad for Hazel...!!!
I really want to hear about Reyna's back story... more...
But omgz... Hazel should not be blaming her self for that... she did not mean to... it just happened!
OMG! I love how you are including the phoenix... ( i am just understanding this...) but you are including it in Jewls too... so idk if they are connected... but... to me t does not really matter... what matters is that the phoenix is part of harry potter... so... i wont be supised if we meat Harry, Ron, and Hemione... because that is awesome... you are awesome... just a world of awesomest...
I AM SORRY I AM SO LATE!!!... as i said in the jewles comment thing... my mom took my computer away for me for... A WHOLE DAY!!!!!... yah... not cool...
But yah... Hecate... you are an amazing writer... and i hope you choose to use it as your ocupation... when you get older... because if you make a book... i will be the first to buy it... then i will go and get it sighned... because it would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But seriously... keep posting... i am not going to be impatient... about Percy getting his name... but it woud not be cool if he got it all the way at the end... it would be like
"OMG!! it is medusa... oh gosh... how did Perseus kill her..." says Hazel
Wait... Perseus sound so farmiliar... oh wait... thats my name... Perseus!
THE END!!!!!

Not cool...
but yah... keep writing... because i love it...
Lightning98
over a year ago lamy221 said…
angry
im really glad percy, or add as some people say even though he is really acually percy, is rembering stuff, but when is he going to rember his name!!! its driving me nuts, cuz if he knows his name he could look it up and find him and see where it leads!!!!!
over a year ago Neptuner said…
big smile
Wow that was an amazing chapter. I wish you'd just post it all or more frequently since you finished the book already. Like a chapter a day or every other day because I know this is gonna kill us waiting til next Friday. Wow tho seriously you've gotta be like a child of Rick who's been blessed with jaw dropping imagination just like him
Hahahahh, you gots that right!^^ One thing though. I'm happy she posts only on Fridays so we have something to look forward too and it will hold us till the next book comes out. But if you have any compliants then I suggest going to the link I have posted. It was third one. The first two were duds.

@Lamy221~ Just chill and wait for it to happen. It's the whole point of reading a story. You have to wait and see what happens. You can't just tell the author to do this and that. You have to be patient and wait. So chill your beans and wait to see when Percy finds out his name.
over a year ago PJhero02 said…
big smile
GREAT CHAPTER!!!!! i can't wait until add remembers he is percy!!!
blush
I can't wait till the next chapter comes!!!
over a year ago percyjfan said…
When is add going to use his water powers again?
big smile
Guys, please don't ask her those questions. Like when is add going to remember his name or When is add going to use his water powers again? Do you really think she will tell us. If you really feel the urge to ask go and personally ask her or visit the link I gave ya'll. It's on page 27 and its the third one I gave you.
over a year ago dementorskissox said…
I just read your whole story and I LOVE it! You have sooo many great ideas and are a great writer! Can't wait to see whereyou take this story! Happy writing!
over a year ago daughter-ofzeus said…
Hi Im new and i have to say im still in the middle of reading the chapters but i love it!! and i especially love it from Perc-i mean Adds point of view, but maybe its just because of the percy jackson series. but anyway I was so glad when i found this because no matter how i thought i couldnt come up with a single good thing that would have happened to percy so when i found this i was all like OH GODS SOME THING TO GIVE ME TO THINK ABOUT!! Any way thanks HecateA for writting the chapters are really wonderful!!
over a year ago PJhero02 said…
^^^ i never asked WHEN he was going to remember...i said that i can't wait until he does
over a year ago artemishunter64 said…
wink
Guys guys red isn't accusing any1 of anything, so there is no need to prove yourself. She is just asking every1 (cause there have been a lot) 2 stop asking questions that they know Hecate cannot answer. She's not just gonna b like ' oh 2 answer ur question Percy remembers his name in chapter 19 line 54'.
But, if u ask me, I think he is going 2 remember his name on the last line of the last chapter.
Just a thought, of course.
over a year ago tessa34567 said…
so good!!!
over a year ago annabeth-crazed said…
monkey
that.was.AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!u r THE BEST WRITER on FANPOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVD IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MMMOOONNNKKKEE­EYY­Y!!­!!
big smile
Yes,thank you artemishunter. I wasn't accusing you Pjhero. I was just saying that a lot of people have been asking that. Guys, she isn't going to answer you!
over a year ago HecateA said…
smile
Nope, I will not.

So I realised how poor my collage was for the last chapter, so here is a new one, hoping its better. I'll answer to comments before as well, because it means I don't have to do French grammar homework straight away and I might be able to make it last 'till lunch (:D)

@Tracy- what bothers you?
@Annabeth Potter- thanks!
@Greekulres - well, go read 'em
@artemishunter64 - various memories about different peeps
@partypony - originally Lamia's house was a giant cookie...
@losthero - I did (n't like it), but Neriah and Nessie were name suggestions
@Idunn- *shrugs* Just do...
@red - I wanted to give her at least some happiness and I wanted her dad to be a magician.
@lightning - thanks for letting me know, I'll add something for Reyna somewhere (not telling which book, not telling which book) No the 2 phoenixes are not related, this one will not sing Lady Gaga
@ Neptuner - My dad's not a writter. Trust me.
@daughter of Zeus - Welcome! *gives welcoming muffin basket* and glad you like the fic!

Gee, Alix, Combat (who was a girl Gee taught magic to), Nessie
Wrench (Nessie's dad), Leza, Neriah
Nope, I will not.

So I realised how poor my collage was for the last chapter, so here is a new one
wink
Those are cool photos!!! Especially the one that has a Asian girl on a laptop.
I liked the old one better
over a year ago PercyJackson7 said…
can't wait for the next chapter, please post soon, your killing us with the suspence
over a year ago Lightning98 said…
big smile
ok..... I was just thinking... it would have been cool...
big smile
PercyJackson7 she only posts on Fridays. So I guess you have to wait and be patint like all of us!
over a year ago polux1002 said…
big smile
The smile says it all
over a year ago marmarmar said…
big smile
I'm new here and I just have to say that this is sooo amazing!!!!!!! U r such an amazing writer u r even better than rick rordan :)!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the next chapter!!!
over a year ago sillyA013 said…
big smile
Wow :) Speechless
To me the greatest skill a writer should have is leaving the reader wanting mor [in other words being able to use suspense correctlyy]
Well :( I'm Sorry to say that well...umm... YOU GOT IT !!!!!!!
YOUR AMAZING KEEP WRITING ALWAYS AND FOREVER

XXX,
SILLY :D
meh
read wht?
over a year ago NyxSbuttrfly said…
i'm new to fanpop, and you're fanfiction is one of the best ones of son of neptune that i've read so far.
-Just asking but, i kinda thought Percy would know more Latin. Only because he took that Latin class with Mr. Brunner(Chiron), it was his only good subject.And Mr. Brunner kept saying "what you learn in my class, will help you in life", or something like that
big smile
Hey, since you guys are new I'm just warning you. Please no spamming. Like that little I love Pie comment. It's ok this once because you probably didn't know but now you do so please don't do it again.
Oh and NyxSbuttfly(can I call you butter?)that comment about the latin thing can you please ask those kinds of things in the forun titled Son of Neptune(COMMENTS). Thank you.